3/6/2009, 12:37 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,506025,00.html

Widescreen
3/6/2009, 12:39 PM
He is being held on $5,000 bail.
Huh? He must be in pretty bad shape.

badger
3/6/2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I heard about that too. They attached this picture to the story on the site I saw it on:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2009/20090306_NX00235_9.jpg

People make mistakes. I just despite the mistake of DUI, because there are usually innocent victims afterward :(

85Sooner
3/6/2009, 02:35 PM
Just release according to TMZ.

http://www.tmz.com/

nighttrain12
3/7/2009, 08:45 PM
Hopefully Bri will get help for his drinking problem before he kills someone.

olevetonahill
3/8/2009, 04:08 AM
****in hypocrites
If you Drink you have driven drunk :rolleyes:

KantoSooner
3/8/2009, 10:08 AM
Amen, Ole Vet.
Not excusing it, and it's dumb; but seriously, if you've driven home after a beer or two, you've violated the law, and quite possibly higher ethics as well.

I have no solution (except to do most of my drinking at home) but if the cops were serious, they could simply set up outside any restaurant or bar on a Friday and test EVERYBODY. They'd take so many licenses away that there would be no more traffic jams.

Flagstaffsooner
3/8/2009, 10:31 AM
Boz has never been known as the brightest beacon on the glide path.

85sooners
3/8/2009, 12:57 PM
joe huff?

nighttrain12
3/8/2009, 01:40 PM
I think Tracy Byrd said it best in his #1 country song, 'If you drink, don't drive, do the Watermelon Crawl!'

Leroy Lizard
3/8/2009, 04:01 PM
I'm not sure Boz is all that stupid. In fact, he is probably sharper than most of the players in college football. A DUI has more to do with cloudy judgment brought on by the effects of alcohol, not intelligence.

RedstickSooner
3/9/2009, 01:37 AM
Amen, Ole Vet.
Not excusing it, and it's dumb; but seriously, if you've driven home after a beer or two, you've violated the law, and quite possibly higher ethics as well.

I have no solution (except to do most of my drinking at home) but if the cops were serious, they could simply set up outside any restaurant or bar on a Friday and test EVERYBODY. They'd take so many licenses away that there would be no more traffic jams.

Sure, if you weigh 120 pounds. I suspect most of us on these boards don't. I know I don't. I'll cede the point that relying purely on BAC to determine intoxication is a stupid standard, as a habitual drinker can be .10 and nearly rock steady -- while someone who never drinks could be .07 and be a menace behind the wheel.

However, to suggest that everyone who drinks has driven drunk is NOT true, and as someone who doesn't drink unless I've got my ride home sorted out already, I don't know if I should be more insulted, or worried. There's no world where it's okay to risk my life for your recreation. It ain't rocket science -- find a way to drink without driving. I don't buy any argument that you've got to drink heavily to eat dinner, or hang out with friends. If you do, maybe you need better food. Or better friends.

That's a twisted thing to be so blase about, Oleve. Almost makes it sound like you've incorporated drinking & driving into your regular life, and convinced yourself that not only is that normal, it's inevitable. Hopefully that's just a wrong impression, Lord knows those are easy enough to form online.

Should cops do more to prove impairment, rather than just relying on BAC? Yeah, probably. But we're a shortcut nation, and we love us some numerical benchmarks along with mindless laws that offer no room for judgment. Why else suspend kids for bringing aspirin to school? Or design curricula around passing achievement tests instead of old-fashioned all-around learning?

Make friends. Draw straws. Car pool TO the bar, instead of meeting AT it. Drink at home. Do something. But doing the wrong thing 'cuz it's easy is pretty f'd up.

BudSooner
3/9/2009, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I heard about that too. They attached this picture to the story on the site I saw it on:

People make mistakes. I just despite the mistake of DUI, because there are usually innocent victims afterward :(

Kick *** bike, notice that the skull has a mullet also.....**** yeah man!

olevetonahill
3/9/2009, 02:25 PM
Sure, if you weigh 120 pounds. I suspect most of us on these boards don't. I know I don't. I'll cede the point that relying purely on BAC to determine intoxication is a stupid standard, as a habitual drinker can be .10 and nearly rock steady -- while someone who never drinks could be .07 and be a menace behind the wheel.

However, to suggest that everyone who drinks has driven drunk is NOT true, and as someone who doesn't drink unless I've got my ride home sorted out already, I don't know if I should be more insulted, or worried. There's no world where it's okay to risk my life for your recreation. It ain't rocket science -- find a way to drink without driving. I don't buy any argument that you've got to drink heavily to eat dinner, or hang out with friends. If you do, maybe you need better food. Or better friends.

That's a twisted thing to be so blase about, Oleve. Almost makes it sound like you've incorporated drinking & driving into your regular life, and convinced yourself that not only is that normal, it's inevitable. Hopefully that's just a wrong impression, Lord knows those are easy enough to form online.

Should cops do more to prove impairment, rather than just relying on BAC? Yeah, probably. But we're a shortcut nation, and we love us some numerical benchmarks along with mindless laws that offer no room for judgment. Why else suspend kids for bringing aspirin to school? Or design curricula around passing achievement tests instead of old-fashioned all-around learning?

Make friends. Draw straws. Car pool TO the bar, instead of meeting AT it. Drink at home. Do something. But doing the wrong thing 'cuz it's easy is pretty f'd up.

Well since you seem to have aimed the Bolded part at me . Ill respond.
#1 I wasnt being Blase.
#2 Yep Ive driven drunk in the Past:mad:
My point is that ANYONE who drinks Has driven with to much in em .
# 3 Yep Im Twisted:D
I dont go to bars, to easy fer some one to start a Pool stick Fight around here.
If You can Honestly say that youve never taken a drink and then driven . My hats off to you .
I just think thos peeps are Far and few between .

nighttrain12
3/9/2009, 03:07 PM
The Boz is supposed to be a role model for the kids out there and he didn't live up to it. Hopefully he calls a cab next time instead of getting on his two-wheeler. Those contraptions are dangerous enough on the road even when you are 100% sober.

Widescreen
3/9/2009, 03:45 PM
The Boz is supposed to be a role model for the kids out there and he didn't live up to it. Hopefully he calls a cab next time instead of getting on his two-wheeler. Those contraptions are dangerous enough on the road even when you are 100% sober.

Love, nighttrain12.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/SP2153/nighttrain01.jpg

swardboy
3/9/2009, 09:27 PM

I bet that picture is 20 years old....

RedstickSooner
3/10/2009, 02:47 AM
Well since you seem to have aimed the Bolded part at me . Ill respond.
#1 I wasnt being Blase.
#2 Yep Ive driven drunk in the Past:mad:
My point is that ANYONE who drinks Has driven with to much in em .
# 3 Yep Im Twisted:D
I dont go to bars, to easy fer some one to start a Pool stick Fight around here.
If You can Honestly say that youve never taken a drink and then driven . My hats off to you .
I just think thos peeps are Far and few between .

Oh -- you're callin' it drinking and driving no matter how little alcohol they've drunk. In that case, okay, okay -- you win :D

As a side note, I actually *can* make that claim, but it's not because I'm any kind of saint. If I drink, I tend to drink heavily, so if I drink I don't drive. Thankfully, a goodly portion of the time I'm not in the mood to drink at all, so it works out fairly well.

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2009, 05:44 PM
The problem is that states continuously lower the drinking limit. Sounds good and hard to argue against, but at some point they end up removing the stigma of drunken driving.

I used to consider a DUI a more serious crime. A person didn't get one unless he was inebriated to the point of being dangerous, a real menace to society. But now the first question I get when I hear of someone getting a DUI is, "were they really drunk or just unfortunate?"

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2009, 05:48 PM
The Boz is supposed to be a role model for the kids out there and he didn't live up to it.

The Boz isn't the problem; the problem is a society that elevates celebrities to a higher stature than more deserving people.

For the record, I think Boz is probably a pretty good guy. But that's it. He played football, had a good time of it, made some money, but is worth no more (or less) than the average Joe. Why look up to him? Why look UP to any athlete?

olevetonahill
3/10/2009, 06:26 PM
Oh -- you're callin' it drinking and driving no matter how little alcohol they've drunk. In that case, okay, okay -- you win :D

As a side note, I actually *can* make that claim, but it's not because I'm any kind of saint. If I drink, I tend to drink heavily, so if I drink I don't drive. Thankfully, a goodly portion of the time I'm not in the mood to drink at all, so it works out fairly well.

Dude 3 of the 3.2 beers will put you over the Limit
Jes sayin

nighttrain12
3/11/2009, 10:22 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/11/bosworth-charged-with-motrocycle-dui/

Brian Bosworth Charged with Motorcycle DUI
Posted Mar 11th 2009 5:57PM by TMZ Staff

Former college football meathead Brian Bosworth has officially been charged with 2 misdemeanors -- driving under the influence and driving with a .08 or above blood alcohol level.

The Boz was busted for DUI last week in Hollywood after he was pulled over for not having a license plate on his Harley Davidson motorcycle.

His arraignment is set for April 3 -- he faces up to 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

stoopified
3/14/2009, 10:01 PM
The Boz isn't the problem; the problem is a society that elevates celebrities to a higher stature than more deserving people.

For the record, I think Boz is probably a pretty good guy. But that's it. He played football, had a good time of it, made some money, but is worth no more (or less) than the average Joe. Why look up to him? Why look UP to any athlete?Exactly.

Sabanball
3/16/2009, 05:25 PM
L ousy

A **

P unks

D ept

crimson&cream
3/16/2009, 05:50 PM
Are you kidding me most kids now days don't even know who the Boz is unless they're Sooner Fans growing up around older Sooner fans. So what kids is he supposed to be a role model for. Seems anybody with any kind of celebrity and does something kinda dumb , first thing you hear THEY"RE SUPPOSE TO BE ROLE MODELS, crap we don't let them make mistakes like we do , yet they're human just like us. Lighten up!

Leroy Lizard
3/16/2009, 10:14 PM
It isn't so much a matter of "lightening up." Boz deserves whatever the usual scorn and punishment that goes along with a DUI. But no more than that.

The point I think is that we often ask celebrities to serve as surrogate role models, when in fact they are in no better position to do that than anyone else.

Now, if the Boz is like most celebrities today, he will milk this for all the world, making it cool to engage in deviant behavior.

KantoSooner
3/18/2009, 02:25 PM
Redstick,
Sorry to get up your nose with my post, but I submit that the guy sitting at the bar having a drink is not the best judge of whether he's had too much.
I go about 200 and can absorb alcohol with the best of them. I also know through bitter experience that my judgement is not the greatest the more I drink and the line between being safe and not safe to drive is not one I choose to investigate. I've been lucky, not perfect. I've driven when I've had too much and would bet that most others have as well.
My point was that a serious percentage, and I'd bet a majority, of people driving home from the bar are over the limit.
I'll stand by that point.