PDA

View Full Version : Hey 04

8timechamps
3/5/2009, 12:03 PM
Don't make me get on a plane to Lawton (or where ever in the hell you are) and physically manhandle you into posting your "04's take..." thread.

A loss is bad enough, now this?!

Sooner04
3/5/2009, 12:11 PM
Some things going on right now that prevent me from having time to do them after a game. I figure the next day is too late because whatever needs to be said has already been said.

I'm planning on writing one after the O-State game.

And I'm in LA. Lovely Ardmore.

8timechamps
3/5/2009, 12:17 PM
Gotcha.

I knew you were in one of the beautiful cities in OK, just forgot which one.

King Crimson
3/5/2009, 12:19 PM
And I'm in LA. Lovely Ardmore.

i thought you were from Ada?

8timechamps
3/5/2009, 12:52 PM
Between King Crimson and I, we've got you all over the state.

Sooner04
3/5/2009, 01:26 PM
i thought you were from Ada?
Spoken like a Midwest City graduate.

8timechamps
3/5/2009, 01:28 PM
Whoa...KC is a Moore grad?

Didn't they quarantine Moore from the rest of the country?

King Crimson
3/5/2009, 01:30 PM
Spoken like a Midwest City graduate.

:D

8timechamps
3/5/2009, 01:34 PM
Hey, you and Cale Gundy.

We're you guys best friends?

King Crimson
3/5/2009, 01:34 PM
Whoa...KC is a Moore grad?

dang, double dip.

too bad Norman North will be the good sports school with all the money in the future.

King Crimson
3/5/2009, 01:39 PM
Hey, you and Cale Gundy.

We're you guys best friends?

i played legion baseball and football against the Gundys. they were *******s. back even to mid-high. nothing those MWC kids wanted more to beat down (and maybe hurt) on some NHS sissies. i remember losing to MWC Monroney one time at their place, like 26-6 and feeling moral victory that i didn't get hurt (wasn't for their lack of trying). some dirty mofos.

we won won as much as we lost in baseball....but not in football, my years. before my time, some good NHS football teams lost to MWC state champs in heartbreakers in the playoffs.

they were nothing in hoops though. then.

8timechamps
3/5/2009, 03:25 PM
i played legion baseball and football against the Gundys. they were *******s. back even to mid-high. nothing those MWC kids wanted more to beat down (and maybe hurt) on some NHS sissies. i remember losing to MWC Monroney one time at their place, like 26-6 and feeling moral victory that i didn't get hurt (wasn't for their lack of trying). some dirty mofos.

we won won as much as we lost in baseball....but not in football, my years. before my time, some good NHS football teams lost to MWC state champs in heartbreakers in the playoffs.

they were nothing in hoops though. then.

We didn't play MWC every year in football. But we played them back-to-back years. I must have been a year behind Cale in school, because he was on the MWC team the first year we played them.

I remember him being cocky at the coin toss...unfortunately, he backed it up on the field. They won 35-7 (or somewhere in the range).

That was the same year I still have my personal football highlight. I tackled Dewell Brewer twice..in one game...we lost that game too. Pretty sad personal football highlight.

King Crimson
3/5/2009, 04:10 PM
We didn't play MWC every year in football. But we played them back-to-back years. I must have been a year behind Cale in school, because he was on the MWC team the first year we played them.

I remember him being cocky at the coin toss...unfortunately, he backed it up on the field. They won 35-7 (or somewhere in the range).

That was the same year I still have my personal football highlight. I tackled Dewell Brewer twice..in one game...we lost that game too. Pretty sad personal football highlight.

that was kind of the bad thing, the Gundy's did back it up. remind which high school is yours?

Dewell Brewer was a beast. I remember seeing him at Harve Collins Field in Norman. i didn't play against him, i quit football to play golf and basketball after soph year. and mostly golf after that.

8timechamps
3/5/2009, 04:12 PM
John Marshall - OKC public schools.

Last time I was back in Oklahoma (for a wedding), I learned that it had been torn down and rebuilt by Lake Hefner. Probably for the better.

King Crimson
3/5/2009, 04:23 PM
John Marshall - OKC public schools.

Last time I was back in Oklahoma (for a wedding), I learned that it had been torn down and rebuilt by Lake Hefner. Probably for the better.

i dint' know that about John Marshall. i played an Optimist League 5th grade game in that gym. Choo Kennedy, was John Marshall?

edit: looks like Northwest Classen was Choo.

OSUAggie
3/5/2009, 04:37 PM
Wait...

John Marshall no longer exists?

ousooners182
3/6/2009, 03:07 AM
i hated monroney...they broke my heart in 9th grade beating us 2-0 on a safety with like 30 seconds left :(

OUSKINS
3/6/2009, 07:43 AM
John Marshall is still there. They built a new facility by the lake, but it did not replace the old school--- I'm not sure if they are going to eventually move ALL of John Marshall's students over there, but as far as I know, both schools are in operation.

I substituted at both two years ago, and without going into great detail, my day at the original school was one of the worst days of my life-- no joke. It was sad, horrible, and utterly depressing. Like I said, I'd go into detail, but no one needs to hear that stuff. I was hoping for better results at the "new" school, which is a very nice facility, but things were much the same.