PDA

View Full Version : OU's starting lineup for Saturday.

soonerfan28
3/5/2009, 10:29 AM
After the way we played tonight something needs to be tweeked. We had no chemistry and I remember we were in the middle of a comeback and Austin Johnson drives right down the middle and threw the ball at the basket. It wasn't a shot, it was sh!t. I think Leary handled the ball much better then Austin all night, so with that said this is what I would like to see Saturday.

Blake Griffin
Taylor Griffin
Tony Crocker
Willie Warren
Omar Leary

Capel needs to get the right 5 guys on the floor at the beginning of the game because this ain't gonna work if he don't.

bravesooner
3/5/2009, 10:36 AM
its senior night Johnson will start, leary will start, and taylor will start, then blake and either crocker or willie, but the 3 seniors will start

Sooner04
3/5/2009, 10:36 AM
PG - Omar Leary
SG - Austin Johnson
SG - Willie Warren
SF - Tony Crocker
PF - Blake Griffin

badger
3/5/2009, 10:43 AM
These are not the greatest pictures of the senior class in the world. These are just a tribute:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0786bdI8tefVZ/610x.jpg
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0129/ncb_g_johnson_600.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08Owe8O0C5b6b/610x.jpg
A tribute to the greatest senior class in the world, all right!

soonerfan28
3/5/2009, 10:52 AM
The longer Austin Johnson plays like last night the more I can't wait till TMG's in an OU uni.

sooner518
3/5/2009, 11:17 AM
I feel like Leary has played pretty well the last few weeks. He isnt much of a scorer but he makes smart decisions with the ball and has some really good passes.

King Crimson
3/5/2009, 11:36 AM
I feel like Leary has played pretty well the last few weeks. He isnt much of a scorer but he makes smart decisions with the ball and has some really good passes.

i like Omar. and as 04 has above, if we see Mizzou again, i like Omar at the point with AJ at the 2...Omar handles the ball better as long as he doesn't get trapped against the sidelines where height to pass out of a double-team could be a problem.

addendum: from the photos, i don't miss the grey trim and the 88 unis still rock.

badger
3/5/2009, 11:52 AM
I challenge EACH of you to say some POSITIVE parting words for our three seniors, in honor of their time at the University of Oklahoma. Forget tourney talk and such for just ONE post by saying something nice for Omar, AJ and Taylor.

8timechamps
3/5/2009, 12:02 PM
Taylor - Thank you for getting your brother to come to OU. And, you're not so bad yourself.

I need some more time for the rest.

badger
3/5/2009, 12:11 PM
Ok, I'll take an attempt.

Omar, the King himself (Switzer) said how difficult it is for junior college players and how dedicated they must be to academics and the sport to try to take this intermediate step in order to make a Division One program. We are proud that you are so dedicated and happy that after that juco step, you chose to come to the University of Oklahoma.

AJ, you have been a terrific senior leader this year and while it has been fun watching you get a hot shooting touch when you start hitting consecutive three's at key moments, it has been far more fun watching you grow as a person, as a player, as a team leader.

Taylor, it might be difficult at times when your younger brother is getting all the talk of PoY and getting drafted to the NBA, but his development at OU and before are a testament to your leadership and ability to teach others the game, which we know will make you a great doctor when your playing days are over.

the_ouskull
3/5/2009, 05:46 PM
I challenge EACH of you to say some POSITIVE parting words for our three seniors, in honor of their time at the University of Oklahoma. Forget tourney talk and such for just ONE post by saying something nice for Omar, AJ and Taylor.

If you'd change the conjunction "and" to an "or," then I might be able to do it. But, right now, finding something nice to say about A.J. is about as likely as an oral bowel movement.

the_ouskull