PDA

View Full Version : OU Has Lost Its Edge

jdsooner
3/4/2009, 11:23 PM
We had better get it back, starting Saturday. We had a chance to win the Big 12 tonight and played flat.

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 11:28 PM
I can't decide whether or not the loss tonight dictates a "cold streak".

Losing on the road to a very good Mizzou team is certainly inderstandable, however, a team worth a #1 seed should be able to get the job done.

From where I sit, I think we are a point gaurd short of being a drop-dead dangerous team.

I won't single out any one player, just because they are college kids, but I'm pretty sure everyone else is thinking the same thing about the same player.

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 11:30 PM
I kust looked at the box score...we shot 22% from 3 point range. 3 for 15.

And, just over 50% from the line. That worries me more than the 3 point performance.

brown town sooner
3/4/2009, 11:34 PM
Give Mizzou some credit. They played their asses off on the defensive end. Couldn't hit the three pointer because we weren't getting open looks.

sooner518
3/4/2009, 11:34 PM
I won't single out any one player, just because they are college kids, but I'm pretty sure everyone else is thinking the same thing about the same player.

didnt see the game tonight. dont know what youre talking about.....

jdsooner
3/4/2009, 11:47 PM
We played out of sync. We did not step up. Kansas just blew it at Tech and we could have walked into a championship. I think that the team has lost its chemistry.

soonervegas
3/4/2009, 11:55 PM
I am waiting to pass final judgment till saturday. If we handle osu at home....I think things are fine. If we are in a dog fight till the last 60 seconds then I am officially concerned.

Fact is if griffin had played the entire game versus texas and kansas....we are probably all on here calling this a "healthy" loss tonight.

SOONER STEAKER
3/4/2009, 11:56 PM
Austin Johnson looks miserable, not much hustle what so ever.

Ever sense Rohde wrote about Willie Warren being better than the Thunder PG, he hasn't played worth a lick.

8timechamps
3/5/2009, 12:01 AM
I am waiting to pass final judgment till saturday. If we handle osu at home....I think things are fine. If we are in a dog fight till the last 60 seconds then I am officially concerned.

Fact is if griffin had played the entire game versus texas and kansas....we are probably all on here calling this a "healthy" loss tonight.

That's the sensible thing to do. I should follow that method, cause I'm really irritated over tonight's loss.

Frozen Sooner
3/5/2009, 12:07 AM
Rohde said that?

He's even more ignorant than usual. Westbrook would **** Willie's world up. That's not a slam on Willie-Westbrook's a pretty decent pro.

the_ouskull
3/5/2009, 12:11 AM

Man, I want to agree with you, but I just can't. OSU is NOT a good basketball team. They're not well-coached, although it's been better lately; and they're not a team with a lot of size. We need to play big teams to get used to the kind of rebounding intensity we're going to see in the tournament.

And yes, our point guard play was (and has been lately) terrible. 21 turnovers tonight... (And spare me the, "Mizzou plays really good defense," line, because, yeah, they do, but it's not like we didn't know it was coming. They're a pressing, trapping team. There's no girl popping out of a cake in tandem with that announcement.) Blake and A.J. had the same assist/turnover ratio tonight, if THAT says anything...

This is the game I've been talking about. The, "we'll just make a comeback at the end" game. No, against good basketball teams, we won't "just make a comeback." We'll try, and we'll see our runs halted, and then we'll panic, and since the ball is in the hands of someone who thinks a shot from 10' behind the arc with 27 left on the shot clock is a "good shot within our offense," we'll probably lose. Joy.

One last time, for those of you who haven't read me say it lately: Guard play, not Blake, will determine our tournament run.

the_ouskull

OUSKINS
3/5/2009, 12:38 AM
One last time, for those of you who haven't read me say it lately: Guard play, not Blake, will determine our tournament run.

the_ouskull

Agreed, but that guard must be Willie---can't do it with him playing like this.

Collier11
3/5/2009, 10:02 AM
Good thing we still have a home game, the conf tourney, and the natl tourney....we havent peaked yet I dont think

badger
3/5/2009, 10:15 AM
http://denisewymore.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/disney-chicken-little-sky-falling.jpg

soonerfan28
3/5/2009, 10:21 AM
Looks like Willie has hit that wall and for anybody who doesn't think we can lose to OSU, you're wrong. OSU is hot right now nad we're not. Saturday is scary right now.

mxATVracer10
3/5/2009, 11:12 AM
My basketball career may only include high school ball, but I know that the way to break a press or trap is NOT a cross court overhead lob pass! Seems our guards cant get away from that pass....

SOONER STEAKER
3/5/2009, 01:01 PM
My basketball career may only include high school ball, but I know that the way to break a press or trap is NOT a cross court overhead lob pass! Seems our guards cant get away from that pass....

That pass has bothered me all season. When we did drills in HS, we never had that type of pass, it was a chest pass or a bounce pass. Not a lob pass.

That lob pass has only worked for Jason White and it was Adrian Peterson on the receiving end of that pass for it too work.