PDA

View Full Version : This blind guy on American Idol sucks monkey balls

Pages : [1] 2

Frozen Sooner
3/4/2009, 11:17 PM
Seriously. That rendition of "Mandolin Rain" was terrible. Guy's got to be picking up a ton of sympathy votes or something.

Fraggle145
3/4/2009, 11:26 PM
http://www.votefortheworst.com/ ??? are they on him yet?

Frozen Sooner
3/4/2009, 11:34 PM
Oh my God they had him sing it again and he made it in. That's the only explanation. People are voting for him because he's so terrible.

That guy couldn't find a note if it was sitting on a table in a well-lit room.

Frozen Sooner
3/4/2009, 11:37 PM
I may be a tad uncharitable after tonight's basketball game.

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 11:39 PM
I didn't see tonight's or last night's episodes. I'm assuming the blind dude made it through.

It's all sympathy votes. 'Cause he can't sing that well.

I think that Danny dude will win it all. Not only does he have some serious pipes, the whole sympathy vote (because of the death of his wife) will put him over the top.

I can honestly say I've never purchased nor desired to listen to any music from any American Idol winner.

I still watch the show though...

Crucifax Autumn
3/4/2009, 11:40 PM
Doesn't EVERYONE on that POS suck? That's why they're on a friggin' tv show instead of working their way up the club scene like a real musical artist.

Frozen Sooner
3/4/2009, 11:40 PM
Yeah, he made it through. And no, he can't sing. Seriously. I thought people got like bonus powers when they were blind, like Daredevil. Obviously, singing's not his power. Maybe he can fly.

yermom
3/4/2009, 11:52 PM
i fixed the title for you ;)

Frozen Sooner
3/4/2009, 11:54 PM
i fixed the title for you ;)

After the basketball game, I want to spend an hour feeling better than people. Sue me.

yermom
3/4/2009, 11:56 PM
me too

people watching that show :P

at least Kansass lost too

Frozen Sooner
3/4/2009, 11:59 PM
me too

people watching that show :P

at least Kansass lost too

Yeah, well, I didn't get a degree from the University of "At Least Kansas Lost."

Plus, this gives me the opportunity to say mean things about a blind person. That doesn't come along every day.

yermom
3/5/2009, 12:01 AM
i do hate Kansas, but we still have a shot at a share of the Big 12 at this point too

Frozen Sooner
3/5/2009, 12:02 AM
Through a three-way tie...:D

It's all working out. We're going to win the Big 12 on a three-way tie, have the national player of the year, maul our way through terrible competition to the Finals, and get ***-raped by North Carolina.

Crucifax Autumn
3/5/2009, 12:32 AM
So...How does a blind person know for sure if it's monkey balls he's sucing? Is there a distinct flavor?

proud gonzo
3/5/2009, 12:45 AM
http://www.votefortheworst.com/ ??? are they on him yet?

no. they're going for Tatiana. lord i can't stand that girl.

Frozen Sooner
3/5/2009, 01:12 AM
So...How does a blind person know for sure if it's monkey balls he's sucing? Is there a distinct flavor?

I imagine if you're sucking on hairy orbs while something is screeching and flinging banana-smelling poop at you you could figure it out pretty quickly.

John Kochtoston
3/5/2009, 01:34 AM
Yeah, well, I didn't get a degree from the University of "At Least Kansas Lost."

Good law school there, but not quite to the level of CostCo's.

Crucifax Autumn
3/5/2009, 01:43 AM
I imagine if you're sucking on hairy orbs while something is screeching and flinging banana-smelling poop at you you could figure it out pretty quickly.

Ok...so say it was a pinball wizard...Would he know then?

Hot Rod
3/5/2009, 09:40 AM
no. they're going for Tatiana. lord i can't stand that girl.

She still won't get the votes to make it to the Top 12.

I can see two more guys advancing from this wild card round.

I didn't think Scott's performance was great, but again, he's more of an accompaniment singer, where we does better with his piano.

Partial Qualifier
3/5/2009, 10:08 AM
I knew Tatiana would get a wildcard (trainwrecks get good ratings) and she does have a good voice but I was hoping the Ariana girl would get through from the 3rd group- she couldn't sing too well but she was easy on the eyes, rawwwrrrr.....

The blind dude, yeah, sympathy votes for sure. Which sucks because someone decent - like that Ju`Not dude or someone - got left out.

badger
3/5/2009, 10:24 AM
Idol watchers in the South Oval? Sweeeeet! :)

Blind Scott is indeed the subject of VFTW fodder, but only because the group performance last night was laughable. See, after the first week of crappy, CRAPPY quality of singing, they decided "Hey, let's tape them singing perfectly and have they lip sync the group performance so they can focus on choreography!" and thus, the singing no longer sucks... but the choreography on the other hand...

For those that missed it, I will try to describe - usually, they have cheesy camp moves where the guys start grouped together and same for the girls, they snap and step their way to having one guy grouped with one girl by the end, woohoo. THIS week, however, the guys all sat in chairs, folded their legs a few times, then half the guys (not including Blind Scott) jumped out of their chairs, while those remaining moved one to the left... then the guys that jumped out sat down.

As with most lip synced performances out there, the moving mouths did not match the sound broadcast :D

I am just waiting for the Ford commercial where they uberly screw up and have Blind Scott driving the Focus, or Mustang, or whatever the hell the car is of the week. The audience can be all like "WTF, he can drive?!"

To his credit, I thought his results show performance was good (but his eyes may weird me out by the end of the season). I missed last night's performance.

Hot Rod
3/5/2009, 11:43 AM
Results shows for me are way too long. This one obviously needed to be with the addition of the wildcard scenario, but this is why I DVR them, because I just want the elimination part of the show, not the group performances or to see the chosen ones perform again.

badger
3/5/2009, 12:02 PM
Results shows for me are way too long. This one obviously needed to be with the addition of the wildcard scenario, but this is why I DVR them, because I just want the elimination part of the show, not the group performances or to see the chosen ones perform again.

As long as we're discussing the Wildcard (and I know this topic was just for Blind Scott), here's something amusing...

They choose FOUR guys and FOUR girls for the Wildcard tonight, but right now, there are SIX guys and THREE girls guaranteed in the Top 12.

Thus, I see two, maybe all three wildcard selections tonight being girls. I hope you all like Tatiana Del Toro! :P

8timechamps
3/5/2009, 12:12 PM
I am just waiting for the Ford commercial where they uberly screw up and have Blind Scott driving the Focus, or Mustang, or whatever the hell the car is of the week. The audience can be all like "WTF, he can drive?!"

Now THAT would be sah-weeeeet!

Seriously, when they get to the ford commercials, what are they going to have him doing? Crossing a street, then have a Ford Focus slam on the brakes in an attempt to show the stopping power of the mighty Focus?

Hot Rod
3/5/2009, 12:16 PM
So are the judges voting for the remaining 3 spots or America? I figured if America was voting that Tatiana wouldn't have a shot.

My pick for remaining 3 are all guys (Anoop, Matt "Soulful Guy", and Ricky Braddy). None of the girls they chose really stood out to me other than Jasmine Murray, but that was from her first audition. I would've loved to have seen "2nd chance" Casey get an ironic "2nd chance" again.

badger
3/5/2009, 12:25 PM
Ok, I agree that the guys that you named are more talented than the girls, but A FINAL 12 WITH NINE GUYS AND THREE GIRLS IS NOT GOING TO FLY.

I think Idol is still PO'd at Braddy's mom for pimping BraddyBunch.com or whatever on the first results show (they tried to get the site taken down already), so he's out.

Matt is white and they have a handful of white guys already, so if there is only one spot for a guy to advance in this wildcard round, Anoop is in by default of being Indian... Persian... Middle Eastern... something like that.

Hot Rod
3/5/2009, 12:39 PM
Yeah, we prolly won't see a final 12 like that, but from the very beginning of the show, there have not been any girls that have just wowed me, and that's why I think once again a guy will win the competition.

So again, do we know how the next 3 is selected? By judges or America?

badger
3/5/2009, 01:19 PM
Wildcard's show will be judges only deciding. No tweenies texting their thumbs off. This is judges (and therefore, producers and network) choices only.

For those just tuning in...

NINE of the Top 12 have already been selected by American Idol viewers via phone and text message voting, six guys and three girls.

THREE to fill out the Top 12 will be decided tonight by the judges after another performance by the finalists.

EIGHT finalists for the remaining three spots have been selected to perform tonight, four guys and four girls.

8timechamps
3/5/2009, 01:22 PM
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I missed this weeks episodes, so I don't know exactly who is moving on, but if Tatiana moves on, I'll watch this son of a bitch til the end.

She makes great reality TV.

She also makes me want to kick a frog.

badger
3/5/2009, 01:45 PM
This is as much as I could remember, and I probably screwed up on a few that look alike:

http://i40.tinypic.com/ae9wds.jpg

So, let's just break it down in the stereotypical way, shall we?

1- The dude that lost his wife with the other dude that keeps showing the pic of dead wife.
2- The Texas oil worker man's manly man man man.
3- The chick with pink highlights in her hair whose dad has cancer or something.
4- Emo kid with black emo hair... who apparently is gay or just likes to put pics online of him kissing other guys, NTTAWWT
5- Red haired chick that might actually be a minority??? Holy cow, America voted for a Hispanic woman... by default. Money says that she received less votes than all the guys that week.
6- Hot young guy that the teenies probably all voted for because he can't really sing. This year's David Archie without the stage dad from hell.
7- A black chick that will provide endless Paula Abdul jokes about making it to future "Rounds." Rounds, rounds, rounds, rounds Booooooooooooo
8- Blind guy! O. M. G., he's blind. In case you missed it, he can't see. High five, Ryan! High five!
9- Puerto Rico guy that talks in Spanish when he's excited... which mostly cosists of "Gracias" this and "Gracias" that, mind you.

So there are your Top 9. Would you like me to run down the eight Wildcard finalists that will perform tonight?

soonerinabilene
3/5/2009, 02:03 PM
The fact that the judges picked Tatiana over Ju'Not or that welder guy really made me scratch my head, since they claim that this is to find the best and not just about ratings.

Partial Qualifier
3/5/2009, 02:10 PM
well, to be fair: Tatiana had arguably the best voice of all the 1st groups' participants...

badger
3/5/2009, 02:21 PM
Ok, I'm gonna do the Wildcards just for the hells o' it:

1- One word: Tatiana. (Del Toro)
2- The third group's resident screamer that makes babies cry. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYCjk9hrnrQ&feature=related)
3- Stereotypical blond country singer.
4- Indian Anoop
5- Scary eyebrowed black chick. Seriously, those eyebrows are scary!
6- Glasses dude with mom pimping non-AI-approved site, BRADDYBUNCH.COM!
7- Unnaturally dyed red hair chick.
8- Matt, just not the welder Matt from Bixby, Oklahoma, so who gives an eff!

soonerinabilene
3/5/2009, 02:33 PM
2- The third group's resident screamer that makes babies cry. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYCjk9hrnrQ&feature=related)

Oh wow. Thats hilarious.

Hot Rod
3/5/2009, 03:07 PM
well, to be fair: Tatiana had arguably the best voice of all the 1st groups' participants...

Not sure if I completely agree with that, but she turned back into her ol' self after they announced her name.

badger
3/6/2009, 10:06 AM
Whit s*** out a f***ing crock of s***, b****es.

Copout! Cop! OUT! Booooooo :mad:

tbl
3/6/2009, 10:41 AM
None of this matters. Danny Gokey is gonna run away with the win this year. However, I don't think it's all sympathy. That dude is one of the best singers they have.

badger
3/6/2009, 10:46 AM
Come on, tbl! I thought I already discussed through my finalist stereotypes list that virtually EVERY finalist has some sort of sympathy vote coming to them! Hell, the four they took last night have sympathy votes by virtue of the fact that they were "rescued" by the judges via the Wildcard! It worked for Clay Aiken, didn't it?

Thus, the "sympathy vote" will be split, resulting in our most boring American Idol season ever.

Rhino
3/6/2009, 11:42 AM
Danny Gokey is a hoarse-voiced charity case. Prepare yourselves. You're about to have his cultish church Faith Builders International shoved down your throats. LOOK NO FURTHER! LOOK NO FURTHER! LOOK NO FURTHER! (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2360168882954652447&ei=EJugSZzcJILorgLrjY3YDw&q=faith+builders+International+Ministries&hl=en)

Adam Lambert just screams. At least he screams on key though.

Lil Rounds has the best name in the ultraverse. Probably one of the better voices too. Top 3.

Allison Iraheta has a great voice, but is completely flustered when not singing. She would do better on this show if she auditioned two years from now.

Gokey isn't as big of a charity case as Scott MacIntyre though. He's like a blind male-version of Brooke White - without White's mediocre singing voice.

Michael Sarver can't sing to save his life. But he's an everydude, so he'll probably make it to the top five or so. He'll fill the Josh Gracin role, then release some crappy country record.

Alexis Grace, Kris Allen and Matt Giraud will all hang around for awhile to fill the Phil Stacey / Michael Johns / "there's no way in hell they're going to win this show" roles.

Anoop. Not the greatest voice, but I'll be damned if "My Perogative" wasn't the best choice for him - and the most fun performance of the season, thus far.

I want Megan Cockrey (now being pushed as Megan Joy) to do well. She's fun and tries to be unique, but she doesn't have a great singing voice. And she has the worst stage presence imaginable. MOVE! DO SOMETHING!

Jorge Nunez and Jasmine Murray. I'm just going to be blunt. If they were white, they wouldn't have made it past Hollywood week.

Now, it's a shame this show is a stereotype quota-filling karaoke contest. For the longest time, Simon Cowell has reminded us its a singing competition. Last night, he proved that's all B.S. The fact that Tatiana absolutely killed her performance and didn't make it is ridiculous. Based on performance alone, she bludgeoned the competition to death with her pipes. Unfortunately for her, she's an awful person with an even worse personality.

Last night the producers and judges used Tatiana for ratings (which they should have kept doing). Here's their internal dialogue:

Man, Tatiana's crazy. No way she's getting through.
Holy crap, Tatiana can sing - I'll be a hypocrite if I don't vote her through.
Nevermind, I hate her.

badger
3/6/2009, 11:51 AM
To be fair to the Idol machine, Tatiana sang the EXACT SAME SONG three times in prelims, during her Wildcard AND top 36 showings. If she sang a different, but similar song, she might still be around to bring in more ratings or whatever.

Sympathy will only take you so far, even in a competition like this.

Hot Rod
3/6/2009, 12:07 PM
None of this matters. Danny Gokey is gonna run away with the win this year. However, I don't think it's all sympathy. That dude is one of the best singers they have.

My choice to win it as well. He has a sound like Bryan Adams when he sings. Although, we'll see how they all do starting next week.

Top 13! Didn't see that coming!

Partial Qualifier
3/6/2009, 02:04 PM
Now, it's a shame this show is a stereotype quota-filling karaoke contest. For the longest time, Simon Cowell has reminded us its a singing competition. Last night, he proved that's all B.S. The fact that Tatiana absolutely killed her performance and didn't make it is ridiculous. Based on performance alone, she bludgeoned the competition to death with her pipes. Unfortunately for her, she's an awful person with an even worse personality.

Rhino, I agree with everything you said (except well-wishes re: Megan), and I thought the above paragraph was especially insightful. He likes the term "self-indulgent" ..... well, Simon, half of your choices last night were nothing if not self-indulgent.

If the goal is to produce an act that'll sell albums, you're what.... 2 out of 9 in this deal? And last night was a perfect example why your W/L sorta sux

badger
3/6/2009, 02:10 PM
The Idol machine is going different routes recently with the advent of new technology. Before, they used to invest in multiple Idol finalists to produce actual albums that reflect the different singer's strong points discovered during the run of the show.

Now, however, they shovelware every performance onto iTunes so that they can make money off the worst contestants and only produce albums for one or two singers. They will keep a few others around and shovelware more singles to iTunes and if sales aren't there, they're dumped immediately.

Last season's albumists were David Archie (Radio Disney overplays that Crush song of his) and the winner, David Cook. The iTunes shovelware singles went to Carly Smithson/Michael Johns (who performed together at the first results show this season), Brooke White (who performed at the second results show) and Michael Castro (who was going to appear at the third results show, but Stage Mom promoted his upcoming iTunes single without Idol permission, so the performance got canceled and he and his single got dumped by the label).

The same thing happened the season before, where the top two got albums, the rest were shovelware'd to iTunes or tried to get an album independently produced.

tbl
3/6/2009, 02:20 PM
Idol is a marketing machine more than it is a singing contest. Yeah, you have to be able to sing, but not necessarily have a great voice.

Lil Rounds can sing and perform, but that Jasmine girl is strictly there b/c she's cute and young. Nothing else.

I'm just ready to see these people be able to perform with instruments. That's where I believe the talent starts to come out. Say what you will about Scott (known on SO as succs), but when he performs with a piano, he's pretty impressive. Plus his voice isn't near as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

tbl
3/6/2009, 02:23 PM
Thus, the "sympathy vote" will be split, resulting in our most boring American Idol season ever.

Say what you will about the sympathy vote, but the dude has a really good voice. Yeah its raspy, but I personally dig that sound.

badger
3/6/2009, 02:45 PM
I should also mention that there are very few Idol finalists that survived their label cuts because their album sales stank. Blake Lewis (season 6) was dropped from 19 Entertainment after his solo debut, Audio Day Dream, only sold 305,000 copies. If Idol continues to shovelware singles from the show onto iTunes, instead of albums, other finalists will suffer the same beatboxing fate.

NormanPride
3/6/2009, 04:12 PM
AI has had its run, but now people are realizing that there's a reason 99% of these tools haven't made it yet. They're not any good.

Rhino
3/6/2009, 04:17 PM
I'm just ready to see these people be able to perform with instruments. That's where I believe the talent starts to come out. Say what you will about Scott (known on SO as succs), but when he performs with a piano, he's pretty impressive. Plus his voice isn't near as bad as you guys are making it out to be. See, I thought he was better without the keyboard. His rendition of "Home" was horrendous, no matter how much Idol tried to pump it up. It was forced, head-voiced crap. The only thing worse than his singing was his keyboard playing.

Frozen Sooner
3/6/2009, 04:56 PM
Say what you will about Scott (known on SO as succs), but when he performs with a piano, he's pretty impressive. Plus his voice isn't near as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

I haven't heard him with a piano, so I have no idea. No, his voice isn't as bad as I've made it out to be-I don't think he's literally engaging in Primate Penile Puffery. However, his voice broke several times during the specific performance I referenced and he was out of key a couple of times-yet the judges gushed over what a great performance it was.

And I happen to agree that Danny Gokey will (and probably should) win this year. Good voice, good stage presence, good story for marketing to build around, and he's gonna round up a bunch of David Crowder Band fan votes.

badger
3/6/2009, 05:02 PM
The show used to be required viewing. Now, I have to fight the boys over whether or not to watch Idol or play Xbox.

This show may signify the beginning of the end of Idol. Last year's winner had more than a million albums shipped. I don't see the winner this year doing that. Another Taylor Hicks-like album release will not sit well with 19 Entertainment.

proud gonzo
3/11/2009, 12:40 AM
emo boy pisses me off.

Crucifax Autumn
3/11/2009, 01:15 AM
Just admit it...They all suck or they'd be in a band at a club with lable guys coming to try and sign 'em.

My Idol comment: Life...Would suck...Without Ewe"

Yeah...those tards on that show have talent!

And that fat black gospel bastard sells an album with a guy into golden showers on teens...uh......uh....yeah!

Hot Rod
3/11/2009, 07:07 AM
I'd have to say that wasn't an easy choice of song selection last night. I thought Danny and Allison (red haired 16 yrd old) did the best of the night. Adam worked the crowd, but I don't need to hear him yell when he sings. Lil Rounds sang amazing and what I like about her is she doesn't have to scream/yell to show that she's soulful (i.e. Fantasia).

Based on last night's performance, I'd have to say goodbye to Anoop and Megan (Rockin' Robin...again, are you kidding me?)

DoubleDown
3/11/2009, 07:10 AM
So which week do the judges finally ask Adam Lambert if he can slow down and sing a ballad or if he's just going to continually jump and scream like a banshee?

8timechamps
3/11/2009, 10:43 AM
I think Rhino hit it on the head regarding about 99% of this year's crop.

Say what you will about Danny, he's about the only one I will stop what I'm doing to watch him sing (it could be the whole sympathy thing though).

I am mad that Tatiana got the boot. When she showed up with an accent all of a sudden, I thought that was pure gold! Then she got the boot. Again, I would have watched with great interest if she were still in. And, in reality, she had a decent voice (in a Carnival Cruise kind of way).

Just curious, does anyone know if the past "runner-ups and also-rans" have out performed the actual winners in terms of dollars? I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Hot Rod
3/11/2009, 10:53 AM
Just curious, does anyone know if the past "runner-ups and also-rans" have out performed the actual winners in terms of dollars? I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

We all know Chris Daughtery over that year's winner...Taylor Hicks. Others notables from that season were Elliot Yamin and Katherine McPhee, who is currently being pushed and works under mega-songwriter, David Foster. Also, Mandisa is up-and-coming artist in the Christian/Gospel music venue.

badger
3/11/2009, 11:36 AM
I missed Idol last night (NP and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary).

However, rumor has it that the big "judging controversy" announced at the end of the show is that the judges will have the power to decide who to send home out of the bottom 2-3 vote getters.

If true, this may be the idea that finally sinks this show to ratings that match other networks... or get surpassed by whatever CBS is showing.

Scott D
3/11/2009, 12:06 PM
The big judging controversy should be whether or not Fox has the balls to pull the plug halfway through the season of this nonsense.

OklaPony
3/11/2009, 12:50 PM
I agree with Hot Rod, Megan and Anoop should be out of here.

Probably be the best thing that ever happened to Megan if she got the boot right now and hopefully be cleared of any long-term obligations to the Idol machine. She is definitely not right for this show but has a ton of natural ability, a quirky character, and good looks to make a nicely packaged artist. I guarantee you that there are management companies and producers alike foaming at the mouth to develop her career.

Rhino
3/11/2009, 12:59 PM
Jorge and Jasmine are toast.

Danny won this show weeks ago. And its ridiculous.

One day, Paula is going to die from an overdose. Maybe it will happen on the show.

Frozen Sooner
3/11/2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah, Danny's the runaway star here. Which means he'll probably be out in week 7 or something.

Seriously, the production company has to be going nuts for this guy. Clean-cut with a safe little "edge" to him. Good family values but conveniently single for the little girls to dream about. On top of it all, he actually has a voice.

Crucifax, most of these guys aren't the type of singer who's going to spend a lot of time at a local club singing. That's not really the pop star path to fame.

Partial Qualifier
3/11/2009, 02:14 PM
I like Alison this week. She seems genuine.

I agree with Hot Rod, Megan and Anoop should be out of here.

Probably be the best thing that ever happened to Megan if she got the boot right now and hopefully be cleared of any long-term obligations to the Idol machine. She is definitely not right for this show but has a ton of natural ability, a quirky character, and good looks to make a nicely packaged artist. I guarantee you that there are management companies and producers alike foaming at the mouth to develop her career.

The judges love(d) her for some odd reason. The world's full of pop-star wannabees just like her: cute, 'quirky', karaoke-level talent. And her ill-conceived full-arm tattoo looks like a huge gangrene infection. I think Simon wanted to tap it, thus overhyped her talent, and the other judges have followed suit like lemmings ever since. It's hard to sugarcoat it any longer after that performance last night.

Speaking of the judges: Kara's a waste of time - is she gone soon, or do they wait until the season's end to give her the boot?

NormanPride
3/11/2009, 02:40 PM
Pointless show is pointless. All the talent is gone now, and they've messed with the format too much to get a ratings spike (which failed).

badger
3/11/2009, 03:26 PM
Ok, the CURRENT rumor to the judging controversy is that judges will now have the chance to "veto" a viewer outster.

As in, if the judges (i.e. producers) want a contestant to stay and not get booted (i.e. Fox wants the season to last even longer) and have the singer get a second chance (i.e. 19 Entertainment won't get stuck with an artist they can't sell) to impress viewers (i.e. LET'S KEEP THIS CASH COW SHOW A FEW MORE WEEKS!!!!111), judges can veto the viewer vote (way to p!ss on your audience's voice in the matter) and keep the singer around only one time when they would otherwise be sent home to Carrie Underwood's "Home Sweet Home" (i.e. this year's "you suck, go home" song).

This is a much better option than judges choosing among the bottom 3 who to send home, but it still borders on Idol desperation to draw more viewers... and I doubt this will work.

Hot Rod
3/11/2009, 03:33 PM
So, badger, in this case, no one gets sent home for that week? Usually, the viewers have it right on the money according to this early top 12/13 week of competition. Like last year when no one expected to see Michael Johns to go home early, is an example of where they can use this power. And we all know that Michael is now under David Foster's wing to help propel him.

yermom
3/11/2009, 03:35 PM
am i reading that right that they are losing viewers?

because that makes me happy :D

badger
3/11/2009, 04:03 PM
So, badger, in this case, no one gets sent home for that week? Usually, the viewers have it right on the money according to this early top 12/13 week of competition. Like last year when no one expected to see Michael Johns to go home early, is an example of where they can use this power. And we all know that Michael is now under David Foster's wing to help propel him.

First off, yes, yermom, they are losing viewers. Statistics show that while text message voting among tweens and the like make viewer voting as high as ever, viewership according to Nielson is millions below Idol's peak years... and no, that's not just compared to the grand finales every year that are usually big draws.

Hot Rod, I think it's exactly as it sounds, that there can be weeks where nobody goes home. I don't think it would be used on acts like Michael Johns, but rather, or early exiters that later became huge draws, like Chris Daughtry or Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson.

For numbers to backup my sinking Idol ratings declaration, here goes:

Season 6 premiere: 37 million viewers.
Season 7 premiere: 33 million
Current season pre: 30 million

Idol ratings during season seven were 11 percent lower than that of season six throughtout, while the current season is about 15 percent below the previous season.

However, it is fair to note that Idol ratings still reign over the next closest competitor by millions upon millions. Idol ratings could decrease by 10 million viewers and it'd still be the most popular show on TV.

Pricetag
3/11/2009, 04:14 PM
And her ill-conceived full-arm tattoo looks like a huge gangrene infection.
What the heck is it? The top looks like a castle parapet with a full moon in the night sky.

I have to question single parents who appear on this show. They say that their kids are their entire life, yet here they are, chasing their own dream. If they hit it big, sure, there will be more money for the kid, but their parent won't be in their life as much. I just don't think this kind of thing jibes with the kind of sacrifices parents are supposed to make for their children.

NormanPride
3/11/2009, 04:14 PM
That is unfortunate.

Chuck Bao
3/11/2009, 04:21 PM
I'm guessing that the change isn't permanent and is just tied to this week's two boots. I'm guessing that the low vote count one goes and the judges choose the other one. They can explain it as the judges gave an extra one at 13 and can take one away. At least, that is what I'm hoping. Otherwise, they are really messing with their franchise by either issuing a "safe" card after the votes are tallied or choosing among the three low vote getters.

I can't believe I've been sucked into this. But yeah, I actually enjoy listening to the singing part, not the over-hyped drama part.

badger
3/11/2009, 04:35 PM
Someone on a different site gave the idea that the top vote getter should get to decide who goes home each week. Can you imagine? Hmm...

Ryan Seacrest: Congratulations... (opens envelope) David Cook! You are the top vote getter this week! Which of the bottom three vote getters, who all happen to be girls, will you eliminate?

David Cook: Well, seeing how I've slept with two of them, I have to go with the one that doesn't put out... David Archuleta, you're out.

Kristy Lee Cook: You b!tch! David Cook's MINE!

Brooke White: Oh noes, I just forgot my lyrics again!

Archie: Daddy, I'm so sorry! Please don't beat me or withhold my food rations again!

(huge catfight erupts while Archuleta cries uncontrollably on his knees)

Ryan: Ohhhh...kay! This is awkward... um... We'll see you next week! This. Is A-MER-ican...

Simon Cowell: Oh, shut up and kiss me, Ryan.

Ryan: Oh Simon, I'd never thought you'd ask!

(they make out)

Randy Jackson: Dude... Dawwwwwwg... dawg.... dude... dawwwwwg....

Paula Abdul: Wow. Are the drugs causing me to see all this, or the alcohol?

NormanPride
3/11/2009, 04:40 PM
I thought that already happened in season 5?

Partial Qualifier
3/11/2009, 04:55 PM
I have to question single parents who appear on this show. They say that their kids are their entire life, yet here they are, chasing their own dream. If they hit it big, sure, there will be more money for the kid, but their parent won't be in their life as much. I just don't think this kind of thing jibes with the kind of sacrifices parents are supposed to make for their children.

I had that same exact thought while watching last night's episode. You'd think the show's producers would steer away from highlighting such an obvious 'gotcha'

badger
3/11/2009, 05:06 PM
NP and I used to consider the show required viewing back during the Sanjaya season where there were some cool Oklahoma ties (Phil Stacey's parents lived here, Melinda Dolittle attended a Tulsa high school). However, we've gotten to the point where we're making fun of it more than anything else and now, just read joke sites to get the recap.

As for the single parent thing, it all started in season one when the red haired chick had her toddler son give her flowers after she sang. Now, you can't make it into the finals unless you are (a) a kid or (b) having kids or (c) have kid(s).

soonerinabilene
3/11/2009, 05:42 PM
Ok, the CURRENT rumor to the judging controversy is that judges will now have the chance to "veto" a viewer outster.

As in, if the judges (i.e. producers) want a contestant to stay and not get booted (i.e. Fox wants the season to last even longer) and have the singer get a second chance (i.e. 19 Entertainment won't get stuck with an artist they can't sell) to impress viewers (i.e. LET'S KEEP THIS CASH COW SHOW A FEW MORE WEEKS!!!!111), judges can veto the viewer vote (way to p!ss on your audience's voice in the matter) and keep the singer around only one time when they would otherwise be sent home to Carrie Underwood's "Home Sweet Home" (i.e. this year's "you suck, go home" song).

This is a much better option than judges choosing among the bottom 3 who to send home, but it still borders on Idol desperation to draw more viewers... and I doubt this will work.

You gotta wonder why they didnt install this the night that Chris Daughtry got the boot.

I Am Right
3/11/2009, 06:38 PM
Boy, I did not see this coming.

Frozen Sooner
3/11/2009, 07:01 PM
Boy, I did not see this coming.

Neither did he!!!!

Wokka wokka wokka.

Chuck Bao
3/11/2009, 07:16 PM
What happened? Spoiler alert and all that.

badger
3/11/2009, 07:27 PM
Guess who's watching basketball and not Idol?

Seriously - the winner of the game that's going on right now plays OU tomorrow. Go ahead and laugh at the Pokes choking with me. Idol will be there on your DVR waiting later. If you're in Tulsa, Channel 2/9 is your Big 12 Network channel. There's a thread on the basketball board with other area's TV listings.

Chuck Bao
3/11/2009, 07:39 PM
I ain't getting either and I'm supposed to be on my way to work already. But, nevermind I'm feeling a tropical strain of flu coming on.

Frozen Sooner
3/11/2009, 07:40 PM
No idea what's happened on Idol. I thought IAR was just setting up an awesome blind joke.

badger
3/11/2009, 07:50 PM
I stand corrected. I see now that Fox switched up it's programmin' to have Idol start in about 10 minutes, as opposed to the usual 7 p.m. Oklahoma time slot.

I no longer endorse watching the Big 12 tournament right now. OSU is gonna win. Stupid poke luck :stunned: :les:[hairGel]:eddie:

Okla-homey
3/11/2009, 08:12 PM
For the record, that androgynous guy named "Adam" is gonna win this year. If he's not implicated in some ghey porn ring before the last show.;)

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7863/adam40118.jpg

Chuck Bao
3/11/2009, 08:33 PM
I agree on Adam chances of winning it all because his performance was literally light years beyond the other contestants. I'm not sure why you think he's androgynous or could be involved in a ghey porn ring. That is like speaking Italian or having a last name end in a vowel as proof of being mafia. Give him a chance to define himself.

Frozen Sooner
3/11/2009, 08:38 PM
No idea about the gay porn, but d00d's definitely androgynous.

He's got a decent shot, but the Christian Brigade will push Danny over him.

I think.

The Twilight Tweens might save him.

A Sooner in Texas
3/11/2009, 08:46 PM
Adam is incredibly talented and I think he'll definitely be in the final. I think he's wonderful, but my 16-year-old son can't stand him. Adam's got some of the androgyny thing going on...but he also reminds me of a guy I used to date, who most definitely was not androgynous. ;)
Woulda thought the Christian vote might have pushed Archuleta over Cook last year in the battle of the Davids, but apparently the cougars defeated the Christians. :D

Chuck Bao
3/11/2009, 08:47 PM
Okay, he didn't grab his crotch one time. Poof positive.

Rhino
3/12/2009, 01:02 AM
Adam doesn't have a shot. His dude-on-dude kissing pictures have already come out - it's only a matter of time before 'Merica turns on him.

Anyone not named Danny is just cannon fodder at this point. He sucks, but he's going to run away with it. Just wait and see.

Jorge and Jasmine are toast. Rhino - FTW!

olevetonahill
3/12/2009, 03:11 AM
You people really watch this **** ?

Hot Rod
3/12/2009, 07:26 AM
You people really watch this **** ?

As a musician, yes. I could care less about shows with Dancing, obviously.

Only two girls worth mentioning in the competition are Lil and Allison. The guys will start separating themselves as the different genres of music come into play. I've yet for Adam to impress me. He's good, but I'd like to see how he can tackle a ballad. Scott's comfortableness is behind the piano and he's a heck of a pianist. Kris certainly has attracted the female viewers, has a nice voice, and interesting tone. Matt could be in the same boat as Scott and we may not see him much away from the piano. Anoop, once again, lucky. Nice voice, just wrong song choice, and for a contestant who has access to new clothes, needs to step it up a bit and get some fashion advice.

badger
3/12/2009, 10:22 AM
Ok, so the twist has now been revealed - Idol has a "golden ticket" of sorts, whereas they can cast a big "NO!" to a viewer vote and not send anyone home one time through the final five. They can use this only once and then the following week after using it, two people go home.

Thus, unlike I originally speculated, there will not be any prolonged Idol watching agony.

The site I like to reference for Idol fodder, Vote For the Worst, pointed out that Ryan and Simon coddling each other saying that judges could have allegedly "saved" Chris Daughtry when viewers evicted him in season five... are wrong. The rule is that the "golden ticket" can only be used through the top five. Daughtry was eliminated in (drum roll) FOURTH place! Whoopsies...

The show is further playing on emotions of the signers by having them sing when there's still a chance they won't be eliminated... only to be eliminated, basically a big F-U to suggest "The viewers hate you, and now we're telling you that we hate you too!"

I hope the judges hurry up and use their golden ticket to end that crap.

Hot Rod
3/12/2009, 10:31 AM
The show is further playing on emotions of the signers by having them sing when there's still a chance they won't be eliminated... only to be eliminated, basically a big F-U to suggest "The viewers hate you, and now we're telling you that we hate you too!"

The downfall of this potentially happening to a favorite could also be the fact that they like the contestant, but didn't like the song they chose, so the contestant could possibly be singing the exact same song to save their chances??? :confused:

I'm not completely in favor of this new rule. Those who have existed and not winning the actual competition have shown that they don't need the title to be successful. It's just a little extra drama that probably won't make much of a different in the long run.

Scott D
3/12/2009, 01:36 PM
Thus, unlike I originally speculated, there will not be any prolonged Idol watching agony.

apparently "America" will continue to prolong the suffering of the rest of us with Idol watching.

badger
3/12/2009, 03:35 PM
In the "Idol's sinking ratings" newswire, last night's hour-later show had 24.9 million viewers, up two mil from last week's results show. Looks like they're gonna keep doing the later thingy... and the new gimmicks. :rolleyes:

Grand Ole Opry theme next week.

Okla-homey
3/12/2009, 04:49 PM
In the "Idol's sinking ratings" newswire, last night's hour-later show had 24.9 million viewers, up two mil from last week's results show. Looks like they're gonna keep doing the later thingy... and the new gimmicks. :rolleyes:

Grand Ole Opry theme next week.

I admit. We watch it. We like it. Its good entertainment. period.

BTW, more people vote on the last night than vote in presidential elections by a factor of four. I don't know what that says about us as a people, but there you have it.

NormanPride
3/12/2009, 05:17 PM
It says that if you let tweens vote by texting, they will own the world.

Scott D
3/12/2009, 05:42 PM
I admit. We watch it. We like it. Its good entertainment. period.

BTW, more people vote on the last night than vote in presidential elections by a factor of four. I don't know what that says about us as a people, but there you have it.

like NP said, means you'll have the Jonas Brothers running the country because of the tweens. Also means that anything where one can vote more than once can't be taken all that seriously.

Okla-homey
3/12/2009, 07:24 PM
Also means that anything where one can vote more than once can't be taken all that seriously.

Which reminds me of my favorite presidential election. The 1960 Presidential election of course, because that was the year I transitioned from fetus to baby.

It was razor close and Illinois was the fulcrum on which the results teetered. At around 9pm, Richard J. Daley (the former,) is reputed to have asked how many were likely needed to put JFK over the top in Illinois, based on exit polling and counts already in from rural counties elsewhere in the state.

Waddyaknow, that many Kennedy votes were discovered in various Chicago-land precincts and held in reserve until they knew precisely how many were needed in the wee hours of the morning.

Kennedy ended up winning Illinois by less than 9,000 votes out of 4.75 million cast, or a margin of .02. Nixon carried 92 of the state's 101 counties.

Kennedy's victory in Illinois was signed, sealed and delivered by Richard Daley. He gifted JFK an extraordinary Cook County victory margin of 450,000 votes—more than 10% of Chicago's 1960 population of 3.55 million-thus barely overcoming the heavy Nixon vote in the rest of Illinois.

That gift propelled JFK to the White House.

National Popular vote: JFK - 34,220,984; RMN - 34,108,157
Percentage: JFK 49.7% / RMN 49.6%

badger
3/13/2009, 04:55 PM
The funny trend with Idol voting is they can get tweens to text their thumbs numb, but they can't get them to buy albums like they used to.

Most Idol singers end up dropped by their labels for not being able to sell enough records. Two season's ago's second placer, Blake Lewis, got dropped soon after his album came out, because it's sales stank. Three seasons ago, winner Taylor Hicks got dumped because the "Soul Patrol" fans didn't want to pay money to hear him.

VeeJay
3/13/2009, 11:03 PM
The only thing I saw this week was when the Indian cat Anoop sang "Beat It."

Alls I could think about was Wierd Al Yankovic doing "Eat It."

It doesn't matter what you had for lunch, just eat it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9_g210N2xY

Frozen Sooner
3/13/2009, 11:10 PM
Which reminds me of my favorite presidential election. The 1960 Presidential election of course, because that was the year I transitioned from fetus to baby.

It was razor close and Illinois was the fulcrum on which the results teetered. At around 9pm, Richard J. Daley (the former,) is reputed to have asked how many were likely needed to put JFK over the top in Illinois, based on exit polling and counts already in from rural counties elsewhere in the state.

Waddyaknow, that many Kennedy votes were discovered in various Chicago-land precincts and held in reserve until they knew precisely how many were needed in the wee hours of the morning.

Kennedy ended up winning Illinois by less than 9,000 votes out of 4.75 million cast, or a margin of .02. Nixon carried 92 of the state's 101 counties.

Kennedy's victory in Illinois was signed, sealed and delivered by Richard Daley. He gifted JFK an extraordinary Cook County victory margin of 450,000 votes—more than 10% of Chicago's 1960 population of 3.55 million-thus barely overcoming the heavy Nixon vote in the rest of Illinois.

That gift propelled JFK to the White House.

National Popular vote: JFK - 34,220,984; RMN - 34,108,157
Percentage: JFK 49.7% / RMN 49.6%

So THAT'S what you mean when you keep insisting that JFK would be a Republican today.

Frozen Sooner
3/17/2009, 11:01 PM
How in the hell did this blind dude not sing "Angel Eyes" on country week?

Someone really needs to talk to him about milking his disability.

Rhino
3/17/2009, 11:29 PM
Based on tonight's performances, it should be:
Kris
Anoop
Matt
Danny
Allison
Lil
Adam
Alexis
Megan
Scott
Michael

But I bet Michael's everydude votes save him and Scott's sympathy votes save him. Megan will probably pick up some sick sympathy votes too. Alexis, you're on notice.

3/18/2009, 12:01 AM
yep

Crucifax Autumn
3/18/2009, 12:20 AM
No matter who wins it can't be any worse than any other season!

Example...Rueben "hey I'm a gospel singer who does duets with jerkoffs who pee on teen girls" studdard.

Kelly "Life would be fat without photoshop" Clarkson

You get the idea...

soonerboomer93
3/18/2009, 12:52 AM
Seriously. That rendition of "Mandolin Rain" was terrible. Guy's got to be picking up a ton of sympathy votes or something.

know how i know you"re gay?

Frozen Sooner
3/18/2009, 01:01 AM
know how i know you"re gay?

Every time you kiss me it tastes like wang?

Crucifax Autumn
3/18/2009, 01:05 AM
Yer both gay or you wouldn't be flirting all the time! See my last post in Chuck's tread to see how I feel about your right to be together! :P

Chuck Bao
3/18/2009, 05:51 AM
I don't know at all. Before my satellite TV went out, there was Lil Rounds singing a song to lyrics and I swear to God she sang "let the guilty pay, it's Independence Day". Please tell me that that is not an actual song and there is not someone who would actually sing that ****.

Chuck Bao
3/18/2009, 05:56 AM
I'm pretty sure that it is a sign from heaven with a rain storm during the dry season that "let the guilty pay, its Independence Day" is an affront to the gods and all that is holy.

OklaPony
3/18/2009, 08:09 AM
I don't know at all. Before my satellite TV went out, there was Lil Rounds singing a song to lyrics and I swear to God she sang "let the guilty pay, it's Independence Day". Please tell me that that is not an actual song and there is not someone who would actually sing that ****.

I'm pretty sure that it is a sign from heaven with a rain storm during the dry season that "let the guilty pay, its Independence Day" is an affront to the gods and all that is holy.

Yep, it's a song... a monster hit for Martina McBride but you should probably read the whole set of lyrics and the story it tells instead of taking one line out of context:

Independence Day
Well she seemed alright by dawns early light
Though she looked a little worried and weak
She tried to pretend he wasn't drinkin' again
But daddy left the proof on her cheek
And I was only eight years old that summer
And I always seemed to be in the way
So I took myself down to the fair in town
On Independence Day

Well word gets around in a small, small town
They said he was a dangerous man
Mama was proud and she stood her ground
But she knew she was on the losin' end
Some folks whispered and some folks talked
But everybody looked the other way
And when time ran out there was no one about
On Independence Day

(CHORUS)
Let freedom ring, Let the white dove sing
Let the whole world know that today is a day of reckoning
Let the weak be strong, let the right be wrong
Roll the stone away, let the guilty pay
It's Independence Day

Well she lit up the sky that fourth of July
By the time that the firemen come
They just put out the flames, and took down some names
And sent me to the county home
Now I ain't sayin' it's right or it's wrong
But maybe its the only way
Talk about your revolution
It's Independence Day

(REPEAT CHORUS)

Roll the stone away
It's Independence day

OklaPony
3/18/2009, 08:16 AM
Kris
Anoop
Matt
Danny
Allison
Lil
Adam
Alexis
Megan
Scott
Michael

But I bet Michael's everydude votes save him and Scott's sympathy votes save him. Megan will probably pick up some sick sympathy votes too. Alexis, you're on notice.
I see it pretty much the same way. I find myself really wanting to like Alexis but she's just kinda missed the mark the last couple of weeks. I still say that getting the axe before the top ten would be the best thing that ever happened to Megan.

badger
3/18/2009, 10:09 AM
I'm surprised you didn't hear the words "LET FREEDOM RING!!!!" blare during any political event, July 4 celebration, etc. already.

I only watched the first few performances and stopped before emo guy was on. Texas oil dude is probably out (because he went first and because his performance wasn't that ambitious). Scott still has the sympathy vote, Megan has the Vote for the Worst vote.

Hot Rod
3/18/2009, 12:13 PM
I still say that getting the axe before the top ten would be the best thing that ever happened to Megan.

I totally agree. She doesn't even compare to the other contestants. No stage presence and picks mediocre songs to show off her voice. Just pray if it is her, that the judges don't play their "keep her" card.

The only average performances for me were "big" Matt, Alexis, and Megan. Everyone else, I thought, did exceptionally well.

Frozen Sooner
3/18/2009, 12:27 PM
However, Megan has one thing going for her:

Nice cans.

Partial Qualifier
3/18/2009, 12:53 PM
However, Megan has one thing going for her:

Nice cans.

Lil's got some serious cans herself.

Megan and Alexis are both pretty weak. As I watched last night, trying to project a winner who's got what it takes to be a marketable pop star with enough 'uniqueness' to avoid being just another ho-hum Idol winner... someone who can actually be a pop-star, not a wannabe we've forgotten about in 2 years.....from that aspect, in my opinion anyway, one person is head & shoulders above the rest: Alison. The rest are good singers with not-quite-enough upside.

badger
3/18/2009, 03:35 PM
If Idol sucks so much, why haven't I canceled it on my DVR recordings and still watch parts of it?

It's weird... I know the show sucks, I know the show's headed for inevitable cancellation and lose its spot as Fox's cash cow, but I still tune in!

Chuck Bao
3/18/2009, 05:54 PM
I tune in to see what Adam is going to do.

That Ring of Fire rendition was weird and hot. It wasn't Jim Morrison but it kinda was if Jim Morrison wore black nail polish and a gothic look (and yes the black getup of Johnny Cash) to go with the leather pants. Okay, why do I bother with the comparables. Nobody is going to touch our generation's music, ever.

And, spec to OklaPony for the complete lyrics to Independence Day. At first, I thought it was a patriotic song about frying them bastards that stand in our way of freedom. After reading the lyrics, I guess it is about women who get out of an abusive relationship. Is that right? I get it.

Let freedom ring. Let the guilty pay. It's independence day.

It burns, (screech) burns (higher screech) buuuuuurns, that ring of fire.

Rhino
3/18/2009, 11:33 PM
Alexis, you're on notice. Rhino: 3 for 3.

That Ring of Fire rendition was weird and hot. That Ring of Fire rendition had everyone ever rolling over in their grave. I rolled over in my grave.

Crucifax Autumn
3/18/2009, 11:47 PM
Emo version of ring of fire:

I cut myself and cauterized with fire
I cut down, down, down
and the blood flowed brighter.
And I'm bi, bi, bi
my bi desire
depressive ire

Frozen Sooner
3/19/2009, 12:04 AM
Dang. I kinda liked Alexis. Not the greatest vocalist, but had the cute factor going.

Sucked that her voice broke during her attempt to stay on the show. I wouldn't have voted to bring her back either based on that.

badger
3/19/2009, 08:34 AM
I think the REAL reason they considered Alexis staying over Michael was... LOOK at the tour group! There are 10 people, but it's three girls and seven guys! 6 and 4 would have provided their tour group a little more balance. Instead, it's now 7 and 3.

Oh, and Alexis had a better sympathy vote story than Michael.

tbl
3/19/2009, 10:18 AM
That and Michael blows...

ADs_Agent
3/19/2009, 10:35 AM
At this point, it is Danny Gokey's to lose

Hot Rod
3/19/2009, 11:05 AM
I said it from the beginning...it's going to a guy who wins the actual title, even when they had a Top 36. There hasn't been that many female contestants that really stood out.

With Motown week coming up, look for Megan to pick a simple song, again, and the piantists will have a ball during their performances.

Oh, and Lil Round will probably out-do Allison maybe just this one week. I still can't believe she was in the bottom 3.

badger
3/19/2009, 11:09 AM
In past seasons, I've seen early favorites fall quickly. Two seasons ago, Melinda Doolittle (sp?) was the favorite along with LaKisha. Then, they both faltered and some teen named Jordin Sparks won against beat boxing Blake.

Last season, I think reefer smoking aggie was the favorite with his initial Top 24/Top 22 performances, then the teenie bopper vote took over for the David's.

Pricetag
3/19/2009, 12:21 PM
Oh, and Lil Round will probably out-do Allison maybe just this one week. I still can't believe she was in the bottom 3.
I was actually hoping that she would have been the one kicked off just to see the save get busted out. She could have got up there and farted into the microphone for her "save me" performance, and the judges would have kept her.

3/19/2009, 12:39 PM
I'm not about to read this entire thread, but if someone actually did suck monkey balls, i'd reach my limit in no time voting for them.

Well, unless it was Howzit. I mean, that's a given.

badger
3/19/2009, 12:52 PM
Speaking of the blind dude sucking monkey balls, did anyone else notice that the piano continued playing after Scott got up during the group number?

Hot Rod
3/19/2009, 03:11 PM
Speaking of the blind dude sucking monkey balls, did anyone else notice that the piano continued playing after Scott got up during the group number?

Noticed this too. Scott was only playing the melody accompianment on this song, whereas a member of the band on keyboards was actually do the more filler in stuff which you heard. Not to say that Scott wasn't playing, but he was, just not the part you heard.

C&CDean
3/19/2009, 04:13 PM
This thread makes me weep. Openly.

Chuck Bao
3/19/2009, 04:31 PM
This thread makes me weep. Openly.

Why do you hate people singing?

C&CDean
3/19/2009, 04:39 PM
I don't. I hate people fawning over contrived, POS, utterly worthless television shows. I weep for America man.

badger
3/19/2009, 05:04 PM
We're not fawning, we're trashing it from left to right (hence the thread title including the phrase "monkey balls.")

As stated earlier, I don't know why I keep watching this show when all I ever do is trash it :D

Chuck Bao
3/19/2009, 05:25 PM
I must be tone deaf. I can't hear any pitch problems and all of the other crap. I think they all sing well.

And, I turn the channel when they get into drama and crying and stuff.

This is only my second season of watching it, so there is still the novelty of it.

3/19/2009, 05:44 PM
I just watch it to see Howzit suck a monkey's balls.

Scott D
3/20/2009, 05:22 AM
Noticed this too. Scott was only playing the melody accompianment on this song, whereas a member of the band on keyboards was actually do the more filler in stuff which you heard. Not to say that Scott wasn't playing, but he was, just not the part you heard.

personally I wish you sheep would vote that guy off just because of his name.

texas bandman
3/20/2009, 09:54 AM
Last season, I think reefer smoking aggie was the favorite with his initial Top 24/Top 22 performances, then the teenie bopper vote took over for the David's.

Now wait are you insinuating that I'm a teenie bopper since I voted for David Cook? haven't seen my teens since the '70s.

badger
3/20/2009, 11:21 AM
Now wait are you insinuating that I'm a teenie bopper since I voted for David Cook? haven't seen my teens since the '70s.

The teenie boppers determine the outcome, because they have limitless text message votes. I don't care how many times you try to call in for someone, they can text a lot more votes in the same time because there's no busy signal when texting.

So anyways, don't bother voting anymore, because we all know Idol is rigged :D

Hot Rod
3/20/2009, 11:26 AM
The teenie boppers determine the outcome, because they have limitless text message votes. I don't care how many times you try to call in for someone, they can text a lot more votes in the same time because there's no busy signal when texting.

So anyways, don't bother voting anymore, because we all know Idol is rigged :D

I may have to agree with this, seeing as David Archie had that voting crowd last year and didn't win.

Rhino
3/26/2009, 12:45 AM
This pimping of Allison tonight was sickening. Kara might be the least subtle person in the entire ultraverse. Don't get me wrong - Allison was better than most tonight, but you can't say her mumbly warbled vocal was THAT good.

Matt
Adam
Danny
Allison
Lil
Kris
Anoop
Megan
Scott
Michael

Megan's got a solid enough VFTW vote.
Scott will get another sympathy pass.
It's back to the oil fields for Michael.

Hot Rod
3/26/2009, 07:54 AM
I was glad to see Matt come away from the piano. Adam, I think, shocked most with his look and voice. That was the first time I really enjoyed listening to him (no screaming). Danny will always come through each week.

That's what my bottom 3 is as well, Rhino. I wouldn't miss Megan or Michael. Scott may get the sympathy vote, but would still like to see him away from the piano, which we may never see.

ADs_Agent
3/26/2009, 08:54 AM
Michael is gone baby gone, his vocal last night was pretty bad, but so was Scott's. If Scott isn't blind A.) He still makes the Top 24 and B.) He doesn't make the top 12.

badger
3/26/2009, 09:10 AM
I boycotted last night because I figured it would be a lot of Stevie Wonder, like we've seen too much over the other seasons.

There are absolutely no Oklahoma ties left to the show, the closest thing is Texas, and Texas sucks, man :(

Partial Qualifier
3/26/2009, 11:04 AM
This pimping of Allison tonight was sickening. Kara might be the least subtle person in the entire ultraverse. Don't get me wrong - Allison was better than most tonight, but you can't say her mumbly warbled vocal was THAT good.

Matt
Adam
Danny
Allison
Lil
Kris
Anoop
Megan
Scott
Michael

Agree with all this except the top 4:

Adam
Matt
Alison
Danny

Kara's a complete waste of time. She either A) totally agrees with the judge who speaks before her, to the point of re-hashing and repeating word-for-word what was already said, or B) goes full-bore into cheerleader mode

Partial Qualifier
3/26/2009, 11:05 AM
I boycotted last night because I figured it would be a lot of Stevie Wonder, like we've seen too much over the other seasons.

There are absolutely no Oklahoma ties left to the show, the closest thing is Texas, and Texas sucks, man :(

actually - if Stevie Wonder's not your cup of tea, tonight's the night you need to boycott.

Chuck Bao
3/26/2009, 11:43 AM
I loved Adam's rendition of "Tears of a clown". That is one of my favourite songs.

But, Adam ditched the black fingernail paint and played it straight and then was upstaged by Matt's "Let's get it on". Did anyone else notice that he made it intentionally sexual with his tight pants? Maybe he had a rolled up sock in there, but yeah.

OklaPony
3/26/2009, 12:27 PM

Matt
Adam
Danny
Allison
Lil
Kris
Anoop
Megan
Scott
Michael

Not much for me to disagree with here save for a couple of issues with your order of things.

First off, Adam's vocal was just awesome, start to finish, and incredibly difficult. Allison can sing her little 16 yr. old butt off and I thought she was particularly stellar last night. Danny apparently can't miss no matter what genre he tries... even when he's subpar he's really damn good. Matt's a good singer and good performer with lots of appeal but lacks the technical expertise of Adam. Lil was surprisingly un-awesome last night. Kris was really good but perhaps overshadowed by others. Anoop Dogg can really sing well but I think he doesn't have the appeal (the "it" factor?) of some of the others. Megan? uh, no. Michael is ultra-likeable but just doesn't have the chops. As for Scott... boy that's a tough one for me. I really, really want to like the guy but I just don't think covering all these different styles is his thing, it just all seems too forced to me. He needs to be singing and playing his own stuff from behind the piano. Tonight I think it's either Megan or Michael that's outta here.

My prediction for the top 3 are:

Adam
Danny
Kris

Winner - Adam

A Sooner in Texas
3/26/2009, 08:23 PM

I don't believe there's any such thing as too much Stevie Wonder. He's amazing.

A Sooner in Texas
3/26/2009, 08:26 PM
Not much for me to disagree with here save for a couple of issues with your order of things.

First off, Adam's vocal was just awesome, start to finish, and incredibly difficult. Allison can sing her little 16 yr. old butt off and I thought she was particularly stellar last night. Danny apparently can't miss no matter what genre he tries... even when he's subpar he's really damn good. Matt's a good singer and good performer with lots of appeal but lacks the technical expertise of Adam. Lil was surprisingly un-awesome last night. Kris was really good but perhaps overshadowed by others. Anoop Dogg can really sing well but I think he doesn't have the appeal (the "it" factor?) of some of the others. Megan? uh, no. Michael is ultra-likeable but just doesn't have the chops. As for Scott... boy that's a tough one for me. I really, really want to like the guy but I just don't think covering all these different styles is his thing, it just all seems too forced to me. He needs to be singing and playing his own stuff from behind the piano. Tonight I think it's either Megan or Michael that's outta here.

Adam
Danny
Kris

Winner - Adam

I agree 100 percent with your analysis, but only 66.66 percent with your top three. Here's how I see it:

Adam
Alison
Danny

then Lil, Matt and after that not sure and don't care.

Crucifax Autumn
3/26/2009, 09:41 PM
They oughtta have a Tom petty night where the blind guy sings "Monkeyballin'"

Chuck Bao
3/26/2009, 11:08 PM
It was a trick to put Matt in the bottom 2 when he's clearly got it "let's get it on". The producers of the show want to boost his votes for next week and yeah it's pretty pitiful that they have to do that.

Rhino
3/26/2009, 11:45 PM
It's back to the oil fields for Michael. Rhino: 4 for 4.

Chuck Bao
3/26/2009, 11:52 PM
Rhino: 4 for 4.

Rhino has got it going on.

But when you pick Matt, please try to break it to me gently.

badger
3/27/2009, 09:00 AM
So a co-worker is in a $5,000 Idol pool where you have to pick a singer each week to NOT go home. However, the catch is that once you pick a signer, you cannot pick them again. Thus, you need to pick crappy singers each week.

Like I said, didn't even watch Wednesday's motown showdown. He seemed to want my advice on this because he knew that I watched past seasons. I admitted to him that I hadn't been watching as much as before, but that I though the Texas oil dude was in trouble.

Lo and behold, Texas dude goes home to Carrie's new crooning. Further proof that this show is rigged.

Pricetag
3/27/2009, 09:45 AM
Sarver was hardly a tough pick to go home this week. He was in the bottom three even after the country week, wasn't he?

Megan needs to go home to her kid next.

Chuck Bao
3/27/2009, 10:12 AM
cNsUQIgYsBw&amp

Hot Rod
3/27/2009, 10:13 AM
With this new "judges save" rule in place, did anyone contemplate the fact that there could be a 3 singer showdown in the finale? That would make for some interesting TV.

Still shocked that Megan wasn't in the bottom 3. Anyone hear the genre for next week's show?

badger
3/27/2009, 10:18 AM
Nah, the save can't be used in the top 5 and beyond.

So, to reiterate, Ryan Seacreast patting Simon on the back coddling him on about "We could have saved Daughtry" further proves his idiocy. Any idol fans care to recall when Chrissy Chris went out? Hmm? Any takers?

Congrats! You are smarter than the host of the show and the judges who did nothing to crush his argument.

All this "save" feature does is (1) ensure that the contestants farewell singing doesn't have too many tears and suck the life outta the show's ending and (2) water cooler talk to boost ratings.

EDIT: The next genre is rumored to be iTunes top 100 downloads.

tbl
3/28/2009, 05:09 PM
To me, it was Adam, then everyone else. That arrangement and performance was absolutely awesome, plus it's the best Smokey song ever. Alison was right behind him and I had Matt & Danny tied for fourth. Lil picked a bad song, but she's still solid. Regardless, the rest basically succs.

Hot Rod
3/28/2009, 08:06 PM
Nah, the save can't be used in the top 5 and beyond.

Oh yeah, I remember him saying that now. So they only have a few weeks to use it or lose it basically, which I don't think will affect the outcome.

Rhino
4/1/2009, 07:51 PM
Idol is pimping Lil's kids. That should buy her a couple weeks. Glad Kara got called out for saying the same thing week after week.

Kris - Solid, not spectacular
Allison - Started off great, then waned
Adam - Bought some good grace last week, then blew that by screaming "Play That Funky Music".
Lil - Grossly underwhelming.
Danny - Same ol crap, different show.
Scott - Best performance so far. That isn't saying much. Bought him a few more weeks.
Matt - Geez. Trainwreck city.
Anoop - Excuse me sir, your snottiness is showing. Boring as hell.
Megan - Oh, Megan. I wish you could carry a tune.

Matt or Allison will be in the bottom three. Either one will get the save if they go come in last and will be assured of the pimp spot next week.

Anoop should probably go home for being an idiot.

Not even VFTW can save Megan this week. Back to the magical kingdom that is her arm.

Rhino
4/2/2009, 01:01 AM
Not even VFTW can save Megan this week. Back to the magical kingdom that is her arm. Rhino: 5 for 5.

Okla-homey
4/2/2009, 06:12 AM
I still think Adam will win. I also think he looks like what would result if Elvis and Kurt Russell had a child together.

Hot Rod
4/2/2009, 07:39 AM
I still think Adam will win. I also think he looks like what would result if Elvis and Kurt Russell had a child together.

It's all in the reflexes.

Hot Rod
4/2/2009, 07:42 AM
Rhino: 5 for 5.

And obvious one to go perfect so far, but I can't blame you on the pick.

I think what made me scratch my head was that Simon was dogging Allison after her performance that she was screaming at times. And we all know that there's only been one performance of Adam NOT doing this, but hey, don't criticize the golden child.

Loved the impersonations of everyone and thought Megan can actually move. It takes her to get eliminated to actually come out from behind a microphone stand! Although, at least she gets to be with her kid, so that's good.

badger
4/2/2009, 10:58 AM
I half-watched it last night and DVR fast forwarded through the commercials during the singing night.

Megan did everything she could to infuriate the Idol producers. VFTW is not a favorite site of Idol. For her to go over to the stools CAW CAW CAW-ing, that was her death wish. I was half expecting her to thank Vote for the Worst on national television - that would have probably kicked her off the tour and ensured that 19 would not sign her... not that they would anyway, heh.

When I saw her perform, I knew it was going to likely be her leaving. Her voice... it was like she was trying to impersonate another singer instead of using her own voice... not that her crowing is very listen-able.

tbl
4/3/2009, 11:44 AM
She's easily the worst they've ever had in the top 12, and that's including Sanjaya... and he was BAD.

Adam is def giving Gokey a run for his money, and Paula is probably right that it will be those two in the final. I'm picking Allison, Lil, Adam, and Gokey to be the top 4... at least they SHOULD be.

I've always thought Adam looked like a puffy Leo DiCaprio with black hair and a bad complexion.

Sooner98
4/3/2009, 12:18 PM
I'm predicting Kris will outlast Gokey, and make the final 2 with Adam. The only thing that might prevent this is the "sympathy" vote for Gokey.

Megan, although very cute, just got weirder and weirder as the weeks went on. By the end, the whole thing seemed like a big joke to her, like she knew she was next to go, and just tried to go out in a blaze of "Vote For The Worst" glory.

badger
4/3/2009, 05:10 PM
I wish she would have yelled "VOTE FOR THE WORST!" into the mic when she was thanking everyone. Can you imagine how fast the network would change channels? :D

I predict that it will break down as follows:

1- The final two will be "MY WIFE DIED FEEL SORRY FOR ME" Danny Gokey and teenie bopper fav Kris.

2- Idol will make strained efforts to not have just guys left in the final few weeks, so one of the girls will have to last till either the top three or four... likely Lil Rounds, because Allison partook in the Caw Cawing. This will involve choice performance spots (at the end of the show is always best), choice songs (ballads are boring and not vote getters) and choice promo videos and television time (like your kid running up to hug Randy Jackson).

3- Boys are now expendable. Expect them to drop like flies, starting with Anoop and Matt, then emo Adam.

4- To preserve the minority vote *cough!* ratings *cough!* look for Idol to over promote the minority contestants remaining.

Rhino
4/7/2009, 11:15 PM
Bruce Gowers might be the worst television director ever. Idol didn't even get back from commercial break before the DVR shut off. That means Idol overshot its allowed time by at least five minutes - ridiculous. Thankfully, Al Gore invented the Internet and I was able to watch Adam's performance. It wasn't as good as the innerwebs was saying, but it was a lot better than most of these goobs.

Allison - perfect tone, very good performance
Adam - takes weird breaths and hits high notes like a drag queen, otherwise very good
Matt - energetic, on key, perfect song for him
Danny - meh. same ol crap from Danny
Anoop - bore city
Kris - trainwreck, that standing in the middle of fans thing is dumb
Lil - bland to the MAXX, i wonder if she'll stretch herself and take on Whitney next week?
Scott - cringeworthy performance, completely off-key on big notes

Anoop, Lil & Scott in the birdcage. CAW! CAW!

It's really between Lil & Scott, so let's break it down:
Scott - blind, people care about him, no kids to pimp
Lil - not blind, people could care less, kids were not pimped tonight

Lil is sent home to contemplate how her name can be so awesome, while her personality is so blah.

A Sooner in Texas
4/7/2009, 11:29 PM
It's a shame about Lil; she really has a good voice but hasn't a clue how best to present it and there's not an original bone in her body. Scott is a pleasant singer, but unfortunately cream of wheat can be pleasant too when you're starved and there's nothing else to eat. Otherwise, booo-ooo-rrring. You can be blind and not boring...just ask Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles (but use a medium for him).
Adam gave me goosebumps. Mad World is such a gorgeous song and his version was even better than Gary Jules' IMO. Allison was again spot on. This competition will come down between these two.
Anoop sounded good; I see him or Danny going third. Matt...take away the Justin Timberlake persona and you're left with what? A Justin Timberlake wanna-be with a funky mole in the middle of his forehead.

Sooner98
4/7/2009, 11:29 PM
I have learned, over and over and over again, that if you are going to DVR American Idol, you have to add an additional 10 minutes of recording time, just to be safe.

Hot Rod
4/8/2009, 07:35 AM
It's a shame about Lil; she really has a good voice but hasn't a clue how best to present it and there's not an original bone in her body.

The easiest way to do this is to try to tackle and perform a song by artist of an opposite gender. Tina Turner? Yeah, I think she can sing, but it was all too copycat for me, although she didn't sing it exactly the same.

However, some might not like Anoop's version of True Colors, but I thought it was original and I couldn't even think of what's her face's name who originally sang it. It was pleasant.

Yeah, I'd think it's going to be between Scott and Lil tonight.

It was glad to see Matt back finally.
Not a fan, but Adam's performance was quite nice with no screaming. Judges HAD to give him a standing 'O' because of time.

OklaPony
4/8/2009, 08:09 AM
Regardless of whether or not you like him, Adam is easily the best singer (and performer) on this show and with the quality of singers in this batch that's really saying something. In most other years pretty much any of these top 5 (Adam, Allison, Lil, Kris, Danny) could be the front runner.

Scott's performance was painful, Lil seems like she's been doing cover tunes for so long she doesn't know how to be herself, Anoop lacks directional focus, and Matt is too inconsistent. Scott should get the boot but probably survives another week.

badger
4/8/2009, 08:53 AM
Won't it look funny to see the remaining minority contestants all up there in the bottom 3? I seriously think Allison (who based on her parents, it probably at least half Hispanic) might join Anoop and Lil in the bottom 3 tonight, because Scott is getting the VFTW bump :D

tbl
4/8/2009, 04:17 PM
It's a shame, b/c Allison is awesome. I completely missed Adam last night, but interestingly enough I didn't even notice it. I thought they skipped somebody, but I was kinda out of it.

Scott should go, or maybe even Kris. Yeah, Kris has been pretty good up until now, but last night was horrible, and frankly I've never been that impressed with him.

At this point it's going to be hard for Lil to stay in. She's been flubbing every week.

Anoop is a balladier, and that's it. He's good at it too... but we'll probably see more horrible dancing next week and then he'll be outsky.

Frozen Sooner
4/8/2009, 04:26 PM
Won't it look funny to see the remaining minority contestants all up there in the bottom 3? I seriously think Allison (who based on her parents, it probably at least half Hispanic) might join Anoop and Lil in the bottom 3 tonight, because Scott is getting the VFTW bump :D

I'd think with the last name Irahita she's probably of Japanese derivation at some point.

Unless, of course, her name is actually Iraheta. Which is a Spanish name.

NormanPride
4/8/2009, 04:41 PM
I lost interest in this show when I realized that not a single person in this year's crop would make the top 30 last year. Does the emo kid still sound like he's half girl half strangled cat?

Rhino
4/8/2009, 08:55 PM
Lil is sent home to contemplate how her name can be so awesome, while her personality is so blah. Rhino: 6 for 6*.

http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1113/ncf_a_brown_300.jpg

A Sooner in Texas
4/8/2009, 10:16 PM
Rhino: 6 for 6*.

http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1113/ncf_a_brown_300.jpg

How quickly will you take that down? :D

KC//CRIMSON
4/8/2009, 10:24 PM
It's a three way competition between Adam, Lil, and Charo.

Lott's Bandana
4/8/2009, 10:31 PM
I have learned, over and over and over again, that if you are going to DVR American Idol, you have to add an additional 10 minutes of recording time, just to be safe.

No ****, I missed Adam's standing ovation performance because of that. He drives me batquano but I admit he is a natural performer...just not my cup o' chai.

Prolly been said already in this thread, but the 4th judge simply takes up too much time and causes runovers. Shouldn't be happening at this point in the dwindling competition.

Sooner98
4/8/2009, 11:01 PM
It's a three way competition between Adam, Lil, and Charo.

I think she looks more like Jan Crouch:

http://riosoriano07.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/allison-iraheta-01-2009-03-10.jpg http://sarcasticlutheran.typepad.com/sarcastic_lutheran/images/2007/08/19/jan_crouch_picture_small.jpg

Okla-homey
4/9/2009, 06:08 AM
I lost interest in this show when I realized that not a single person in this year's crop would make the top 30 last year. Does the emo kid still sound like he's half girl half strangled cat?

yes, And the judges continue to gush. I think it's his to lose now, especially because any gay porn images have had time to surface if they exist

tbl
4/9/2009, 09:24 AM
Prolly been said already in this thread, but the 4th judge simply takes up too much time and causes runovers. Shouldn't be happening at this point in the dwindling competition.

This.

If by fourth judge you mean Paula... She's the stammering idiot that takes forever for her critiques.

NormanPride
4/9/2009, 09:42 AM
Go easy on her, meth is a hell of a drug.

badger
4/9/2009, 10:00 AM
This.

If by fourth judge you mean Paula... She's the stammering idiot that takes forever for her critiques.

I think they added a fourth judge to eventually get rid of Paula. She's an absolute trainwreck that gave away Idol's biggest secret of all - the show it rigged. She accomplished this feat last season when she started critiquing one contestant on his "second song" when in fact all contestants had only sung once thus far. This is what happens when Idol honchos do not follow careful scripting! Did I mention the former head honcho got the boot between last season and this season?

Paula is next to go after Nigel. This incredibly huge blunder last year pretty much sealed her fate that they're trying to get someone new in, but can't just dump her immediately because they need at least one chick judge. So, they're testing out Kara. She's meh at best, but she's also not the little puppet judge dancing aimlessly during contestant's songs that sounds like she's drunk and stones at the same time.

NormanPride
4/9/2009, 10:19 AM
... Does that avatar say "I pig nose NP"? I mean, that's cool and all, but does everyone need to know that you pig nose me?

Or maybe I'm missing something. :D

Scott D
4/9/2009, 01:03 PM
you seem to be smiling awfully large while staring at badger pignosing you.

NormanPride
4/9/2009, 01:05 PM
Is pignosing not smileworthy?

Frozen Sooner
4/9/2009, 01:06 PM
... Does that avatar say "I pig nose NP"? I mean, that's cool and all, but does everyone need to know that you pig nose me?

Or maybe I'm missing something. :D

I've been trying to figure that one out myself. Figured it was an inside joke with you two or something.

I snout NP?

Scott D
4/9/2009, 05:08 PM
Is pignosing not smileworthy?

I just wonder if perhaps you should be scared, since none of us are quite sure what pignosing is.

badger
4/9/2009, 05:10 PM
No, r-tards, that is a reference to New Pork... I have no idea what New Pork is, but at some weird vidya gaemr site that sells sh!t made a bunch of unlicensed crap and that was one of the shirts they had for sale... anyways, long story short, they had a shirt that said "NP" on it (which again, stands for some vidya gaem place called New Pork on a gaem I've never heard of) so I decided that I needed to take down the old avvie asap (it had the wimmen's final four logo... ugggggh, must... forget... quickly!) and put that up.

So wooo wooo, it doesn't refer to yooouu yooou. It also has absolutely nothing to do with American Eye-dull, so moving right along...

Some Idol chick interviewing Blind Scott asked if he liked playing Nintendo in college... HEY! BIMBO! He's BLIND, remember?

badger
4/9/2009, 05:17 PM
On second thought, let's go with this totally not safe for work explanation ---

The "pig snout" is actually Kirby.

And what does Kirby do when he opens his mouth?

:D

Frozen Sooner
4/9/2009, 05:28 PM
On second thought, let's go with this totally not safe for work explanation ---

The "pig snout" is actually Kirby.

And what does Kirby do when he opens his mouth?

:D

Post an insane amount of pictures just in case we're not sure what he's talking about? ;)

badger
4/9/2009, 06:21 PM
Frozo you sicko - once again, we are referring to New Pork, not NormanPride, and I'm not sure what you're thinking what Kirby does, but to me, Kirby flies, a very useful skill in games like Smash Bros!

So therefore, it can be translated "I fly New Pork." I'm not sure why that's so difficult to understand.

tbl
4/9/2009, 09:04 PM
I don't think that was too big of a blunder. We all knew they did dress rehearsals. Anybody who watches the recaps at the end of the show can always tell it's different footage. Usually it's the most obvious with the last person since they usually show their final note. Most of the time the way they ended in the rehearsal and the way they did on the live show is different...

Scott D
4/10/2009, 09:38 AM
I have to say, after hearing your explanation Badger, that I think we prefer the pignosing idea put forth by NP. :D

Rhino
4/14/2009, 09:28 PM
Hey, let's add a fourth judge!

Why are we running over our time so much?

Hey, let's spend the first 15 minutes joking about how we ran over time last week!

Okay, just to make sure - only two judges get to talk per contestant.

Lil, what do you have to say about your performance?

Okay, so ya'll told me you wanted me to be an art /end

Way to go, Idol. Are you sure you've done this television thing before?

Rhino
4/14/2009, 09:48 PM
Geez, could these kids pick a worst set of songs to perform? What a total crapfest of song choices. Two Bryan Adams songs? Bette Midler?

Adam - Pretty great. Needs to be in a metal band. Glad Simon called him out on Rocky Horroring it up. Adam responds, "I love that musical!" This is a shocking revelation.

Kris - Love the song choice and the way he sang it. Would have loved to hear what Simon thought, but Bruce Gowers doesn't know how to run a television show, so no.

Anoop - This guy is consistently inconsistent. He was pitch-perfect tonight.

Allison - Marble-mouth did well, but that song was a little herky-jerky. A little over the top too. And, the song is a total crapfest.

Danny - Is this guy on repeat? Doesn't he sing this song every week? All over the place vocally. The worst part of his performance? Knowing that there's zero chance he's getting voted off until the final two.

Matt - Yikes. A little pitchy, dogg.

Lil - Lil gets the pimp spot. Aims for mediocrity again. I would have enjoyed her firing back at the judges just to see how stupid she was, but Bruce Gowers is more stupid than Lil is.

I predict Kris, Matt & Lil will be in the bottom three. I bet Matt gets chosen to be sent home and gets saved by the judges since their time is running out to use it.

Sooner98
4/14/2009, 11:07 PM
Predictions:

1. Lil goes home tomorrow.

2. The "save" won't be used until final four.

3. Paula will be stoned for tomorrow night's show.

proud gonzo
4/15/2009, 01:10 AM
i don't think they CAN use the save in the final 4. And Lil's got the VFTW vote, i dunno about that.

olevetonahill
4/15/2009, 01:29 AM
I wish this thread would die .
Everytime I see the the Title I think of the Joke
This Blind Guy walks into a Bar :O

Hot Rod
4/15/2009, 07:05 AM
I predict Kris, Matt & Lil will be in the bottom three. I bet Matt gets chosen to be sent home and gets saved by the judges since their time is running out to use it.

Yeah not a lot of good song choices to pick from this week. What are you 6 for 6? We just look to you for the results. I agree though in that if Matt gets the lowest, he gets saved, if it's Lil, it's bye-bye.

badger
4/15/2009, 07:24 AM
Lil was just ready to turn to dark side of the force or whatever. The judges are frustratingly cruel to her, where they give completely meaningless and useless advice while criticizing everything she does. Kind of funny that she was telling Simon off when my DVR stopped. I was like Noooooooo...wait, I don't care. Click!

OklaPony
4/15/2009, 08:15 AM
Adam - Pretty great. Needs to be in a metal band...
...or a revival of Queen.

heh

TheHumanAlphabet
4/15/2009, 08:24 AM
After watching AI last night to make sure I got Fringe DVRed, I got to listen to Lil whatever. Her singing is terrible. Warbling and incredibly off pitch. I was surprised she wasn't devastated by the judges. Then Paula must've been on drugs...

Rhino
4/15/2009, 01:05 PM
If they do 70s rock and roll week, Adam better be singing Deep Purple's "Highway Star".

Yeah not a lot of good song choices to pick from this week. What are you 6 for 6? We just look to you for the results. I agree though in that if Matt gets the lowest, he gets saved, if it's Lil, it's bye-bye. 6 for 6, with a tex-asterisk.

Sooner98
4/15/2009, 10:33 PM
Well done, Rhino.

Rhino
4/16/2009, 12:58 AM
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51/intry/boom-headshot.jpg

Scott D
4/16/2009, 04:59 AM
It's strange, the news here ran a story on the Governor while on a trip to Grand Rapids promoting the idea of voting for that Matt guy claiming it's good for the state.

I was reminded why I didn't vote for the Canadian whore in either of her election runs.

Hot Rod
4/16/2009, 07:17 AM
Well, alright Rhino, just tell us who wins the competition! :D

Rhino
4/22/2009, 06:20 PM
Be relevant! Be current! Sing...disco.

Kris - Best performance of the night and one of the best of the season.

Lil - Her best performance of the season, even if it was straight-up karaoke.

Adam - Good performance, but not enough to get the response he got from the judges.

Allison - Garblemouth - good vocals, bad song choice, awful outfit.

Danny - Rinse, wash, repeat. This guy... *shakes head*

Anoop - Sealed his fate with that last note. Yikes.

Matt - Liked the arrangement enough, but kind of all over the place.

Matt, Anoop and Lil in the bottom 3.

Noop-dog and Lil are sent packing. Matt won't be far behind.

Lott's Bandana
4/22/2009, 06:50 PM
Be relevant! Be current! Sing...disco.

Kris - Best performance of the night and one of the best of the season.

Lil - Her best performance of the season, even if it was straight-up karaoke.

Adam - Good performance, but not enough to get the response he got from the judges.

Allison - Garblemouth - good vocals, bad song choice, awful outfit.

Danny - Rinse, wash, repeat. This guy... *shakes head*

Anoop - Sealed his fate with that last note. Yikes.

Matt - Liked the arrangement enough, but kind of all over the place.

Matt, Anoop and Lil in the bottom 3.

Noop-dog and Lil are sent packing. Matt won't be far behind.

This.

'Cept, I think it will be Matt and Lil, hasta....

Rhino
4/22/2009, 10:25 PM
Noop-dog and Lil are sent packing. http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1775/boomheadshot.jpg

Hot Rod
4/23/2009, 07:44 AM
Well, alright Rhino, just tell us who wins the competition! :D

You know, Rhino, you'd make a killing in Vegas, if this was something they took bets on.

badger
4/23/2009, 09:42 AM
Do you think Idol will take any heat for sending both it's minorities home in the same night?

Hot Rod
4/23/2009, 10:05 AM
Do you think Idol will take any heat for sending both it's minorities home in the same night?

Or the fact that the bottom 3 were as well? ;)

badger
4/23/2009, 10:30 AM
Or the fact that the bottom 3 were as well? ;)

Yeah, that too, but red haired chick doesn't have brown skin to add fuel to the racism fire :rolleyes:

Scott D
4/23/2009, 11:59 AM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1775/boomheadshot.jpg

gee thanks for giving SicEm spank material. :)

NormanPride
4/23/2009, 02:20 PM
Just dropping by to say the cross dresser still sounds like a strangled cat.

Okla-homey
4/23/2009, 08:35 PM

Naw, when they give it to the queer kid, and he comes out of the closet the following morning, all will be forgotten and they will be hailed as being all tolerant and inclusive-y and what not.

Crucifax Autumn
4/24/2009, 03:17 AM
Wasn't I clear? They all sucked monkey balls!

OklaPony
4/30/2009, 09:38 AM

Adam
Danny
Kris

Winner - Adam
Just checking in to see how everyone's predictions are working out.

Oh, and Chuck B... I don't how to break this to you but, but... well there's just no easy way to say this... Matt's off the show, man.

badger
4/30/2009, 09:46 AM
My gawd, Dooshy Gokey seems more Dooshy with each show! Send him home! He won't sell any records anyway!

I was surprised to see Adam in the bottom 2, but not surprised to see the Timberlake clone sent home.

It will be interesting to see how long the show will go until it is all dudes left. What was the situation last year - top 3 when the last chick went home?

The entire show sucks monkey balls. The blind guy at least was likable. Here is something that makes him seem even more cool:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0VIPhBX34fI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0VIPhBX34fI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Lott's Bandana
4/30/2009, 10:09 AM
Adam continues to make me think he somehow was discovered in Mike Brady's closet.

Or maybe Marsha's.

Rhino
4/30/2009, 12:47 PM
Matt won't be far behind. http://www.calpoly.edu/%7Emmehl/Images/Gotcha.jpg

Danny won this show weeks ago. And its ridiculous. This.

Chuck Bao
4/30/2009, 12:57 PM
Just checking in to see how everyone's predictions are working out.

Oh, and Chuck B... I don't how to break this to you but, but... well there's just no easy way to say this... Matt's off the show, man.

Thanks, OklaPony. Yeah, I know. Matt was the obvious boot tonight after mediocre performances the last two weeks. I still like his rendition of "Let's get it on".

Adam should still win by a landslide and they are setting it up with him being in the bottom two this week. I would like to see Allison in the finals and next week is rock week and she should rock out. It will probably be her swansong.

Wait, what do I know? The current music they play on that show just baffles me. I have no idea what people listen to these days.

Hot Rod
4/30/2009, 02:50 PM
I'll give credit to Adam. The dude has some pipes. However, the past two years the winner has never been in the bottom 3. I know it's getting close and there won't be many of those anymore.

BTW, Rhino, just tell us who wins it all. :D

Lott's Bandana
4/30/2009, 05:57 PM
What was that dreck that Ray Charles did last night?

Pricetag
5/6/2009, 10:39 AM
Lawman has put an end to my running and I'm so far from my home.

They got it wrong both times they sang that line.

tbl
5/6/2009, 11:54 AM
That entire song was wrong.

Gokey was exposed last night. That was HORRIBLE. I was originally pulling for him, but I just can't do it anymore.

badger
5/6/2009, 12:20 PM
That entire song was wrong.

Gokey was exposed last night. That was HORRIBLE. I was originally pulling for him, but I just can't do it anymore.

did you like how when they reminded viewers of the numbers, they chose the part of gokey's song where he screamed at a strobe light? what a way to get sent home :D

JohnnyMack
5/6/2009, 01:03 PM
Last night was the first time I tuned in all season. My god they all suck.

badger
5/6/2009, 01:41 PM
You all gotta see this and laugh:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R6wiYAJjaGo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R6wiYAJjaGo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That video is so ****ing awesome... I should create an LOL cat for that :D

EDIT: ok, here goes:
http://i39.tinypic.com/35aiwcp.jpg

Chuck Bao
5/6/2009, 03:34 PM
I enjoyed the classic rock, except for the scream.

I don't care who is sent home tomorrow as long as it isn't Allison or Adam.

ADs_Agent
5/6/2009, 04:35 PM
I enjoyed the classic rock, except for the scream.

I don't care who is sent home tomorrow as long as it isn't Allison or Adam.

so you care then?

JohnnyMack
5/6/2009, 04:45 PM
so you care then?

About half the time.

OklaPony
5/7/2009, 12:07 PM
Paging Rhino... where are ya, man?

SoonerInKCMO
5/8/2009, 07:46 PM
Da Winner:

http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/378/38/adam_lambert_drag_queen_3.0.0.0x0.450x598.jpeg

SoonerInKCMO
5/8/2009, 07:47 PM
Don't lie, y'all know ya wanna hit it.

Chuck Bao
5/8/2009, 09:35 PM
Doncha know when ya hit it, you'll hear the high notes.

badger
5/11/2009, 07:47 AM
Another funny linked video via VFTW:
(I'm gonna defer to tbl's post below, because I screwed up the embed)

Basically what happens is Danny Gokey reveals that he didn't bother to learn the words to Billie Jean before performing in that little Homecoming thingy that the Top 3 contestants always do. At the very beginning when the song starts, he tells the audience that the paper with the words got blown away. Suddenly, he is dancing more awkward than he does on the show and adding in a "Come on!" every so often to cover the blank spots that the backup singer can't cover.

He does know the chorus, but after that finishes, he tries asking the backup singer to take over the melody for him, to which she responds "I'll leave that to the professionals." By then, the audience's enthusiasm for Danny has pretty much died and only a few people are still really into the performance (the ones trying to get on TV, perhaps?).

So, he starts performing with his back to the audience (perhaps so he can read someone else's lyric sheet?)/ This guy is such a train wreck and it would be hilarious if he won, because there's no way he'd break 100k in album sales.

tbl
5/11/2009, 07:58 AM
Another funny linked video via VFTW:
eE8BkRYheXo

fixed...

tbl
5/11/2009, 08:01 AM
Train... wreck...

badger
5/11/2009, 08:56 AM
my bad... my firewalls or filters or SOMEthing on this compy is disallowing youtubin' that isn't already on a different site. In any event, thanks for the re-post and I hope you all got an early morning laugh.

badger
5/13/2009, 07:28 AM
i watched, but didn't pay attention. i think danny's run on idol is over regardless.

soonerbrat
5/13/2009, 11:07 AM
Kris is my favorite.

Hot Rod
5/13/2009, 12:55 PM
Kris is my favorite.

And he was the most creative last night, singing each song while playing an instrument. Either way, all 3 have a nice career in music.