PDA

View Full Version : This blind guy on American Idol sucks monkey balls

Pages : 1 [2]

badger
5/13/2009, 01:13 PM
rhino? you there? OVER!

... well, even if he isn't there, we can take a 33 percent chance of having the right answer regardless of who picks it, right? :D

Hot Rod
5/13/2009, 01:17 PM
rhino? you there? OVER!

... well, even if he isn't there, we can take a 33 percent chance of having the right answer regardless of who picks it, right? :D

True. Although, Kris could be in the finale. I said "could".

badger
5/13/2009, 02:14 PM
True. Although, Kris could be in the finale. I said "could".

33 percent chance of going home, so each contestant has a 67 percent change of getting into the finale!

Wait a sec.... three contestants... 2/3 chance of staying, 1/3 chance of leaving...

67+67+67=200 percent!?!?!

wtf... stupid brain calculator :mad:

:D Maybe I should resurrect the brain teaser thread... unless Frozo would like to explain this one.

Boarder
5/13/2009, 02:26 PM
There are two spots, each with a 100% shot of being filled. 2*100 = 200%

badger
5/13/2009, 02:35 PM
There are two spots, each with a 100% shot of being filled. 2*100 = 200%

we gotta smarts one among us! :D

but... how smart can we claim you to be if you do not pick the correctly ousted contestant for tonight's show?

Frozen Sooner
5/13/2009, 09:43 PM
See ya, Danny!

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW????

Okla-homey
5/14/2009, 06:02 AM
the eye-liner wearing homerseckshual has already won.

badger
5/14/2009, 07:36 AM
The Ballad of American Idol: If you ain't first, you're last.

The only one this season that will get any type of record deal worth noting will be the season winner. The others will be relegated to the indie scene, after countless record producers laugh in the face of contestants who thought people would remember their name mere weeks after they were on the highest rated television show in America.

Ha! I bet none of us could even name the Idols Live tour participants (aka the top 10), let alone their crazy "top 36" idea, or even the final "baker's dozen" 13. If you are trying to identify them now, but can only think of "that puerto rican" and "that indian guy" and "that girl who caw cawwed like a bird," you can see how much of a future career these aspiring artists have.

Mjcpr
5/14/2009, 08:29 AM
I thought you hated American Idol? :confused:

badger (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=39217) 52
Hot Rod (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=42636) 28
Frozen Sooner (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36412) 22
Rhino (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36416) 19
Chuck Bao (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=37177) 17
tbl (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=37163) 12
NormanPride (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=41264) 10
Scott D (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=39000) 9
Crucifax Autumn (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=49125) 9
OklaPony (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36864) 8

badger
5/14/2009, 08:34 AM
I thought you hated American Idol? :confused:

It's a funny thing, isn't it? I love discussing it, but when it comes time to watching the show or texting in votes or listening to busy signals, I'm not really into that.

I really hope you didn't just waste your morning coffee break counting up posts related to Idol.

NormanPride
5/14/2009, 08:42 AM
You can click the "Replies" link next to a thread and see how many times someone has posted in it. I think all of my eleven posts have discussed how that cross-dresser sounds like he's killing a cat.

EDIT: I just realized you guys have been talking about him as the favorite. What the hell is wrong with you people? Or are the other contestants truly so bad that a cat killer is going to win?

theresonly1OU
5/15/2009, 06:57 PM
The Ballad of American Idol: If you ain't first, you're last.

The only one this season that will get any type of record deal worth noting will be the season winner. The others will be relegated to the indie scene, after countless record producers laugh in the face of contestants who thought people would remember their name mere weeks after they were on the highest rated television show in America.

For the record, Danny Gokey will be begging Kris Allen for a shot as his backup singer, (or a fluffer for Adam Lambert's tour bus) by the end of the year.

Mark it down.

Jerk
5/15/2009, 07:51 PM
The emo fag on Americal Idol sucks monkey balls.

Screaming b*tch.

Scott D
5/16/2009, 08:53 AM
You can click the "Replies" link next to a thread and see how many times someone has posted in it. I think all of my eleven posts have discussed how that cross-dresser sounds like he's killing a cat.

EDIT: I just realized you guys have been talking about him as the favorite. What the hell is wrong with you people? Or are the other contestants truly so bad that a cat killer is going to win?

the show, the concept, the fabricated drama, and yes the 'talent' is that bad that people know who is going to win from the start. It should have been cancelled the year after Carrie Underwood won (only saying that to pacify you CU fans. It should have been cancelled before Kelly Clarkson won)

GrapevineSooner
5/16/2009, 09:29 AM
The show exists only so some marginally talented people can get their 15 minutes of fame.

And for Paula to make an *** of herself.

badger
5/20/2009, 07:28 AM
to quote simpsons - the suckiest bunch of sucks to have ever sucked.

I was not impressed with last night and I will not watch the 3-4 hour Idol show tomorrow... likely tuning in at the last possible second (or not) to see the results.

I DVR'd and watched at a tape delay (to see where Blake Griffin would get drafted first) and fast forwarded all of the judges comments and ads... 10 minutes of show. That's all that three songs for two contestants needed. I hope it makes everyone out there that watched the hour in it's entirety (and it's five minute overrun) feel ripped off :mad:

OklaPony
5/20/2009, 07:58 AM
to quote simpsons - the suckiest bunch of sucks to have ever sucked.

I was not impressed with last night and I will not watch the 3-4 hour Idol show tomorrow... likely tuning in at the last possible second (or not) to see the results.

I DVR'd and watched at a tape delay (to see where Blake Griffin would get drafted first) and fast forwarded all of the judges comments and ads... 10 minutes of show. That's all that three songs for two contestants needed. I hope it makes everyone out there that watched the hour in it's entirety (and it's five minute overrun) feel ripped off :mad:
So you're saying you weren't the least bit impressed with Adam's rendition of "Mad World"?

NormanPride
5/20/2009, 08:05 AM
Did it sound like a strangled cat? What am I saying, of COURSE it sounded like a strangled cat!

badger
5/20/2009, 08:11 AM
So you're saying you weren't the least bit impressed with Adam's rendition of "Mad World"?

I was impressed with Adam Lambert singing Mad World... when he first sang it like a month ago.

When you have limited performance time on a show (because dang it, Fox needs money to fund this unscripted reality show!) why give audiences a performance they've already seen?

Kara's Idol winner song = phail. Almost as bad as "This is my now" from a few years ago.

Hot Rod
5/20/2009, 09:11 AM
Kara's Idol winner song = phail. Almost as bad as "This is my now" from a few years ago.

Even Simon commented on the song. They must have learned it that day, because they were reading the teleprompter for the lyrics on the verses. And of course, having it in a key comfortable to Adam, isn't going to help Kris' chances. Enjoyed Adam's mad world and Kris' first two performances jamming on the instruments.

Been an interesting season...

Pricetag
5/20/2009, 10:56 AM
It was just gross the way the judges were giving Kris the "atta boy" for finishing second after his last performance.

OklaPony
5/20/2009, 11:19 AM
I was impressed with Adam Lambert singing Mad World... when he first sang it like a month ago.

When you have limited performance time on a show (because dang it, Fox needs money to fund this unscripted reality show!) why give audiences a performance they've already seen?
I really don't have a problem with performers picking a fave from shows past, at least they both picked good ones. The producer's pick is a little scary, though. You could really ruin someone if you wanted to.

Kara's Idol winner song = phail. Almost as bad as "This is my now" from a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I'm not impressed by either of those. At least Adam actually has the range and ability to sing this one... Kris was just absolutely lost.

colleyvillesooner
5/20/2009, 09:04 PM
Huh.

KC//CRIMSON
5/20/2009, 09:20 PM
Somebody call the police because somebody just got robbed.

GottaHavePride
5/20/2009, 09:36 PM
I'm pleased with the result. (I didn't watch.)

Adam Lambert struck me right from the beginning as a hyped-up Broadway chorus boy, and that's exactly how he sounds. Gah. He was the University of Texas of American Idol.

I'm glad someone with actual talent won.

theresonly1OU
5/20/2009, 10:28 PM
Somebody call the police because somebody just got robbed.

I'm sure the millions he will make off his new found success will ease the pain of coming in second.

OU-HSV
5/20/2009, 10:45 PM
Yep, glad to see Kris win this thing. Adam's squeeling screechy voice was really annoying. Im sure Adam will be successful anyways, but it was good to see the judges and Adam seem so sure that Adam had it in the bag...and then Kris wins. Good stuff.

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2009, 10:48 PM
I'm pleased with the result. (I didn't watch.)

Adam Lambert struck me right from the beginning as a hyped-up Broadway chorus boy, and that's exactly how he sounds. Gah. He was the University of *Texas* of American Idol.

I'm glad someone with actual talent won.

Adam lost it last night with his performance of "A Change Is Gonna Come." His singing was fine, but his stage mannerisms are all showtunes, and it was VERY jarring.

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2009, 10:50 PM
It was just gross the way the judges were giving Kris the "atta boy" for finishing second after his last performance.

Agreed. You could tell Kris was sitting there thinking "Proud to have made it this far my ***."

Seriously, last night I thought (with the exception of the song Kara wrote to try to give the competition to Adam) that Kris blew Adam off the stage and all the judges could do was basically try to console him for losing.

5/21/2009, 04:17 AM
"Reality TV"

Suckers!!!

Jerk
5/21/2009, 04:38 AM
haha, Emo lost.

Okla-homey
5/21/2009, 05:53 AM
haha, San Diego emo homo who looks like Elvis and Kurt Russell's love child lost to a nice married kid from Conway, AR.

fixed it.

badger
5/21/2009, 07:47 AM
This is actually the best-case scenario for both guys collectively. If Adam won, Kris would get kicked to the curb (or to Arkansas) and never be heard from again, while Adam would have to put out a cheesy Idol-engineered album designed to be as generic as possible.

Now, Kris will have the generic Idol machine tool album (which will fit his style perfectly) and Adam will still get signed by 19 Entertainment because of his craziness, but Adam will now likely get to put out a crazy outlandish album that fits his style more.

Obviously, would have been more job security for Adam if he won, but in this scenario, both will have record deals and both will have a little bit of time to prove they can be viable artists in this crowded industry.

So anyways, onto the dancing thing to see who can fall on their head while trying to a flip the fastest.

A Sooner in Texas
5/21/2009, 08:26 AM
I feel like Kris did when he won...completely shocked and thinking that Adam deserved to win!
And Badger's right - the best scenario for both happened. Kris wouldn't be signed otherwise, and Adam isn't trapped into a 5-year contract of singing sucky songs.
For those of you who think Adam is simply an emo, I guess having Led Zeppelin and U2 give permission for you to sing their songs - which isn't given out all that much - and having Kiss and Queen want to perform with you isn't much of anything. Adam's brilliantly talented.
And for those of you who think of him simply as a "homo" emo - nothing positive to say, so I'll leave it at that.

Scott D
5/21/2009, 10:09 AM
Maybe now this show can be cancelled.

Is America stupid enough to believe that a legitimate 38 million votes can come from a state with a 2.8 million population. Suckers.

KC//CRIMSON
5/21/2009, 10:45 AM
fixed it.

Let me guess, you think Adam lost because he was gay or because he was from California?

Chuck Bao
5/21/2009, 10:55 AM
Maybe now this show can be cancelled.

Is America stupid enough to believe that a legitimate 38 million votes can come from a state with a 2.8 million population. Suckers.

The wrong guy won, but it doesn't matter as others have already said.

The fact is that I loved this finale show and the songs and I watched it twice. I loved Santana, Rod Stewart, Lionel Richie, Queen, Queen Latifa, Cyndi Laufer, even Steve Martin on the banjo. I particularly liked the Kiss part, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoEBdbY5Cas

badger
5/21/2009, 11:18 AM
Let me guess, you think Adam lost because he was gay or because he was from California?

I would have to say that San Diego has a lot of famous people already and weren't exactly all gung-ho over having another celebrity.

Arkansas, on the other hand, only has Bill Clinton, so Kris Allen was a welcomed change :D

Seriously - would San Diego mass-text vote, or Arkansas? If you need further proof, just see what a big deal Oklahoma made outta Carrie Underwood.

KC//CRIMSON
5/21/2009, 11:27 AM
I would have to say that San Diego has a lot of famous people already and weren't exactly all gung-ho over having another celebrity.

Arkansas, on the other hand, only has Bill Clinton, so Kris Allen was a welcomed change :D

Seriously - would San Diego mass-text vote, or Arkansas? If you need further proof, just see what a big deal Oklahoma made outta Carrie Underwood.

It doesn't matter to me who won, it was the mentality behind Homey's post.

Okla-homey
5/21/2009, 03:17 PM
It doesn't matter to me who won, it was the mentality behind Homey's post.

All I know is, as I was preparing my "Good Morning" post this morning, I was listening to NPR as I always do. I heard some columnist from Out magazine, who was an NPR guest columnist this morning, lament Adam's loss because he is clearly more talented, and ascribe it to homophobia and the fact America apparently isn't ready for a homosexual American Idol. srsly. You can look it up.

JohnnyMack
5/21/2009, 03:47 PM
While I don't think either finalist has enough star power to have a serious career, I think Adam was clearly the more talented of the two.

OklaPony
5/21/2009, 05:07 PM
While I don't think either finalist has enough star power to have a serious career, I think Adam was clearly the more talented of the two.
How about this... Queen re-forms and Adam is the frontman.

Okla-homey
5/21/2009, 05:09 PM

WIN!

A Sooner in Texas
5/21/2009, 07:05 PM

I did read this morning that Adam alluded the band has approached him about that. Paul Rodgers, who was fronting, left a couple of weeks ago.
And the columnist from Out magazine probably had a bit of a valid point. But there's a mix of factors here, including the gazillion votes from Arkansas. Oh, and just to give equal time, Arkansas has also produced Mike Huckabee.

OU-HSV
5/21/2009, 08:40 PM
................ Oh, and just to give equal time, Arkansas has also produced Mike Huckabee.

...and John Daly, Johnny Cash, Glen Campbell, Jerry Jones, Scottie Pippen...and as much as it may pain some people...Barry Switzer was even born in Arkansas (and as most of you know, he played at the U of A), but I'll never let my family from Arkansas claim Switzer cause that just aint right.

KC//CRIMSON
5/21/2009, 09:47 PM

Too late, Paul Rodgers took that spot along time ago. However, they don't officially go by the name Queen.

GottaHavePride
5/21/2009, 11:24 PM

Really? I didn't have much of an opinion of Kris, but I thought Adam was a - what's the phrase? No-talent assclown.

He's not a rock/pop singer to me, he's a Broadway chorus type.

Chuck Bao
5/22/2009, 08:10 AM
Really? I didn't have much of an opinion of Kris, but I thought Adam was a - what's the phrase? No-talent assclown.

I just lost respect for your judgment, although I still recognize that you have some amazing musical talent and have far greater knowledge than I have.

Why the hate? Adam is a showman and can very well be a rock star in the vein of Queen or Kiss. Maybe that mold is very dated. I would still prefer to listen to it than something passing as edgey these days. I've listened to "Mad World" several times and it really gets to me as how it is relevant and haunting. If that is a no-talent assclown and Broadway chorus type, then I'm all for more of that.

Pricetag
5/22/2009, 10:00 AM
I've listened to "Mad World" several times and it really gets to me as how it is relevant and haunting. If that is a no-talent assclown and Broadway chorus type, then I'm all for more of that.
It was relevant and haunting when Tears for Fears sang it. It's a beautiful song--I think Adam got way too much of the credit for it.

badger
5/22/2009, 10:07 AM

He's apparently not a rock singer to Gene Simmons (http://www.genesimmons.com/fanstories/index.html) either, heh:

Respectfully, I don't think Adam is a rock singer. He sounds much more convincing singing ballads, and Broadway shows. His voice doesn't seem to have a "rock quality." But, I'm sure he's going to do just fine.

So there you have it, straight from the legend himself.

OklaPony
5/22/2009, 10:27 AM
He's apparently not a rock singer to Gene Simmons (http://www.genesimmons.com/fanstories/index.html) either, heh:

So there you have it, straight from the legend himself.

Interesting site... it also had this:

Gene,

I know celebrities are like politicians. They can't answer truthfully as the don't want to alienate fans(voters), but I'm going to ask anyway. Adam Lambert sang with kiss. Both Adam and Chris sang with Queen. In my opinion Chris couldn't shine Adam's boots. He shouldn't have even been in the top 5. If you were going to invest your own money, who's career would you support?

Don from Chicago

Response from Gene:
Adam.

Scott D
5/22/2009, 11:10 AM
Gene can answer that way because he'd own the rights to Adam's life before Adam would perform in an actual KISS concert.

KC//CRIMSON
5/22/2009, 01:47 PM
It was relevant and haunting when Tears for Fears sang it. It's a beautiful song--I think Adam got way too much of the credit for it.

IMHO it was more relevant and haunting when Gary Jules sang it. I also think that's the version that Adam was going for and meant to sing.

Check out versions here: http://hypem.com/search/mad%20world/1/

Either way it's a great song.

GottaHavePride
5/22/2009, 06:11 PM
I just lost respect for your judgment, although I still recognize that you have some amazing musical talent and have far greater knowledge than I have.

Why the hate? Adam is a showman and can very well be a rock star in the vein of Queen or Kiss. Maybe that mold is very dated. I would still prefer to listen to it than something passing as edgey these days. I've listened to "Mad World" several times and it really gets to me as how it is relevant and haunting. If that is a no-talent assclown and Broadway chorus type, then I'm all for more of that.

OK, I use the term no-talent assclown somewhat in jest. I don't think he's completely untalented, but his style just doesn't do anything for me. Plus, he looks (and sounds) a LOT older than the rest of the competition. Being around a lot of professional singers, I know that voices don't mature until a singer hits their mid-30s. So he's relying on power and range (something a younger singer can't possibly have developed fully yet) to out-do his competition rather than artistry.

To be fair, I'm not that enthused with ANYone on American Idol anyway - the whole pop-star factory phenomenon kind of turns me off.

bluedogok
5/22/2009, 10:03 PM
Too late, Paul Rodgers took that spot along time ago. However, they don't officially go by the name Queen.
Ummm...not anymore...

Rolling Stone - Paul Rodgers, Queen Split: “It Was Never a Permanent Arrangement” (http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/05/13/paul-rodgers-queen-split-it-was-never-a-permanent-arrangement/)
5/13/09, 12:23 pm EST

Paul Rodgers has revealed that he and Queen are parting ways. The singer told Billboard.com that after almost five years as the group’s frontman — and a summer tour scheduled with the reunited Bad Company — he is leaving Queen amicably. “My arrangement with [Queen’s Brian May and Roger Taylor] was similar to my arrangement with Jimmy [Page] in the Firm in that it was never meant to be a permanent arrangement,” Rodgers said.

Queen + Paul Rodgers was born in late 2004 to perform at the U.K. Music Hall of Fame Awards. The collaboration went on to produce two world tours, two live albums and a studio album, 2008’s Rock the Cosmos. The studio album was the band’s first since 1995’s Made In Heaven, which featured the last recordings of Freddie Mercury. Rodgers said his time with Queen was “an achievement” and didn’t rule out the possibility of perhaps rejoining May and Taylor in the future: “It’s kind of an open book, really. If they approach me to do something for charity, for instance, or something like that… I’d be very much into doing that, for sure.”

“There were some fantastic e-mails we received that almost had me in tears,” Rodgers told Billboard.com of his time with the Rock & Roll Hall of Famers. “There were a lot of younger people who had given up the idea they’d ever see anything like Queen live again, and there it was, full on.” As Rock Daily previously reported, Rodgers will reunite with Bad Company for a 10-concert run starting June 17th. The band will also release a live DVD, Bad Company – Hard Rock Live, on August 8th.

I always liked The Firm...

Gene can answer that way because he'd own the rights to Adam's life before Adam would perform in an actual KISS concert.That's for sure, he is a pretty shrewd businessman.

badger
2/25/2010, 05:39 PM
I am resurrecting this thread... not because there's a blind guy that sucks monkey balls this season on Idol, but because there are a LOT of guys that suck monkey balls this season on Idol.

Don't even watch the show. Just go to the Idol official site and look at some of the performances!

Tim Urban's really sucks (http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_9/performances/tim_urban_apologize/)

John Park fails too. (http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_9/performances/john_park_god_bless_the_child/)

This guy Jermaine Sellers, however, was the absolute worst. (http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_9/performances/jermaine_sellers_get_here/)

The other "top" finalists weren't much better.

Chuck Bao
2/25/2010, 05:48 PM
Hey, if they hand it to one of the girls this year, it is just that - handing it to them. The guys are pathetic but the girls are much, much worse. There is little point to watch the show now unless they get some experts in to improve the performances by a lot.

A Sooner in Texas
2/25/2010, 09:07 PM
I'm not even watching this year, partly because I'm an Olympics geek, but mostly because the talent is just meh this year. It's going to be hard to find anyone who has the goods like Adam Lambert. And yes, I said it ... I AM an Adam Lambert fan! He's amazingly talented.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/25/2010, 09:26 PM
Hello.

American Idol...

en toto...

Sucks.

Monkey.

Balls.

How do intelligent people fall for this BS?

Carrie Underwood? Is that the excuse?

Because everyone else has been either one hit... or a serious pile of suckage.

salth2o
2/25/2010, 09:30 PM
Hello.

American Idol...

en toto...

Sucks.

Monkey.

Balls.

Why are you shouting?

Scott D
2/25/2010, 09:36 PM
he can't hear anymore because of the wailing that has passed for that abortion of a tv show for years.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/25/2010, 09:47 PM
he can't hear anymore because of the wailing that has passed for that abortion of a tv show for years.

:D

ADs_Agent
2/26/2010, 11:46 AM
The Garcia kid is the only talented one on the show. Everyone else is subpar, the show could be done at the end of this year.

ndpruitt03
2/26/2010, 12:12 PM
How the hell did that Oklahoma City kid not make the top 24 he was better than anyone I've seen so far.

tbl
2/26/2010, 01:48 PM
The Garcia kid is the only talented one on the show. Everyone else is subpar, the show could be done at the end of this year.

No no no no.... They will milk Idol until it's down to 5 million viewers. We'll have at least 3-5 more seasons.

NormanPride
2/26/2010, 01:52 PM
This is Simon's last year, though. Not sure how they'll get on without him...

ndpruitt03
2/26/2010, 01:53 PM
Simon will move to his show the X-Factor which will basically be the same thing at American Idol. In a couple years Idol will be gone replaced by X-Factor.

badger
2/26/2010, 02:29 PM
Simon will move to his show the X-Factor which will basically be the same thing at American Idol. In a couple years Idol will be gone replaced by X-Factor.

That's what happened in England. The American Idol's British cousin, "Pop Idol," was gone years ago, because X-Factor was so incredibly popular.

But... I wouldn't say for sure that the same will happen in the U.S. It is possible that America is tired of these singing karaoke-like shows.

Simon has tried two other shows in the U.S. so far besides Idol - American Inventor and America's Got Talent. They both were on rival networks and he couldn't personally appear on them due to his contract with Fox and American Idol. However, they were his shows and he was heavily involved in both.

He's leaving Idol because despite his gigantic contract and ensures him a lot of money for looking bored and half-arsed evaluations of talent (remember, this is the guy that produced Power Rangers and other gimmicky CD's before Idol), he would get even more money if the show was his own... and right now, the majority of Idol's cash cow intake goes to another Simon - Simon Fuller (sp?).

ndpruitt03
2/26/2010, 02:51 PM
Those were different type of shows and America's Got Talent is still around isn't it? But a lot of people watch AI for Simon. Without him they will lose a lot of ratings.

soonerbrat
3/2/2010, 09:32 AM
Hello.

American Idol...

en toto...

Sucks.

Monkey.

Balls.

calm down.
really?
I was listening to the top 40 one day and 5 of the top 10 were by American Idol contestants.