PDA

View Full Version : A 3 or 4 seed has made it...

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 11:06 PM
A 3 or 4 seed has made it to the Final Four nine of the last ten years.

bri
3/4/2009, 11:12 PM
Well, that's certainly good news for the other seven 3 and 4 seeds. We, on the other hand, are limping to our usual early-round exit.

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 11:12 PM
The guys doing the KU/Tech game just said that even with the loss, we should be in position for a #1 seed assuming we "take care of business".

WTF?

Isn't a loss considered not taking care of business?!

I know technically we are still alive for a 1 seed, but given how we've played of late, I don't think we deserve it.

kevpks
3/4/2009, 11:13 PM
I'll bet most of those were peaking at the end of the season, not free falling to a 3 seed.

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 11:14 PM
I'll bet most of those were peaking at the end of the season, not free falling to a 3 seed.

Wait, you mean losing three of your last four isn't considered "peaking"?

This is all so confusing!

King Crimson
3/4/2009, 11:16 PM
regardless of seed, minus winning the conference tournament, we are looking a trendy team to pick against.

colleyvillesooner
3/4/2009, 11:18 PM
Yep. We have the "some team is gonna double Blake and our shooters are gonna be cold" look to us.

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 11:18 PM
Yep.

Even with a 1 seed, I can see us facing a team like Dayton that ends our season. It's eerie how well I can see it...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/5/2009, 12:44 AM
Sigh.... I know losing tonight sucks but MU was undefeated at home this year winning by an average of about 28 points a game. It isn't like last year when we couldn't manage a basket for an eternity against Neb. Look KU just got BLOWN OUT by TT tonight in Lubbock. Road games can be tough. It was the loss at home that KU that hurt us, tonight not so much. This is from a guy living in Missouri who HATES when we lose to MU.

Unless we lose at home to OSU I don't think we are a 3 seed. If we win out we still could be a 1-seed. In fact I think winning the Big 12 tourney probably still would do it. I think anything short of that and we are a 2-seed.

I'm not saying that I've thrilled with how we have played the last 3-4 games but unless we get stuck in a Syracuse in Albany situation in the NCAA tourney we have played our last true road game of the year. We now get a home game, then a conference tourney in our backyard and if we do well there than probably 2 games in KC.

In short I still like our chances from here on out.

soonerfan28
3/5/2009, 11:15 AM
I see know chance of us falling to a #3 seed.

8timechamps
3/5/2009, 11:47 AM
Granted there is a lot of bball left to be played before we get seeded, but a loss Saturday and a poor showing in the conference tourny would easily move us down to a three seed.

If we come back Saturday and play up to our ability, then carry that over to the conference tourny, then we should still be in line for a 1 seed.

The question right now is "Are we playing like a 1 seed"? Because it doesn't matter what anyone on this site (or any other) think come selection Sunday, it only matters what the committee thinks. And, we have a chance to help them forget the last three losses with a strong finish.

Eielson
3/7/2009, 01:13 AM
Wow, you guys are way overreacting.