PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre sighting in Bixby, America

Okla-homey
3/4/2009, 08:24 PM
So, I'm hobbling along near the end of my 6 mile constitutional as a drag my nearly 50 year-old carcass past a shiny new Chik-Fil-A due to open near mi casa.

What do my wondering eyes spy? Literally hundreds of high school kiddoes camping all around the parking lot, with tents and stuff, for no apparent reason.

They were all just hanging out, listening to music, practicing dance moves and what not. Some of the kids were even reading actual books.

I enquired of one kid as to what was up. According to him, the chain put out notices at Bixby and Union High Schools that any kid who is present when they open the doors in the morning for the first time gets a card worth 52 free Chik-Fil-A combos. One each week for a year.

I like Chik-Fil-A. I like their corporate culture. I like the fact they give a good value for the money and that they only hire kids who make decent grades in school. And I like the fact they're closed on the Sabbath.

That is all.

Jerk
3/4/2009, 08:25 PM
Sounds like they grow more than just Bermuda grass in Bixby.

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 08:48 PM
That'd actually be a sweet deal (if I was 18 again, with nothing to do).

You're right about their corporate structure/philosophy. Name me one other national company that is closed on Sunday (by choice) so that their employees can spend that day with their families? There isn't one.

Best nuggets in the world too!

soonersis
3/4/2009, 08:57 PM
Hobby Lobby/Mardel's What do I win?

yermom
3/4/2009, 08:59 PM
closed on Sundays succs

sooner KB
3/5/2009, 01:23 PM
They did the exact same thing with the new one that opened in Norman a few months ago.

King Crimson
3/5/2009, 01:26 PM
would an Al Swearingen owned chick-fil-a close on the sabbath?

Penguin
3/5/2009, 01:42 PM
http://scifipedia.scifi.com/images/thumb/d/df/Bill_Bixby.JPG/270px-Bill_Bixby.JPG

Mjcpr
3/5/2009, 02:45 PM
Two of the dooshes on the news came down here from KC for it.

bri
3/5/2009, 03:03 PM
closed on Sundays succs

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I get hungry on Sunday, too, and don't appreciate having to settle for McNuggets because of some cloying stunt.

Partial Qualifier
3/5/2009, 03:12 PM
Ok, that would explain the overblown hoopla at the Chik-Fil-A opening in SW OKC a few weeks ago. It was Krispy Kreme-esque up there for a few days.

Meh, I'm not a big fan.

Hot Rod
3/5/2009, 03:14 PM
Mmmmm...Eat-Mor-Chiken!

SteelClip49
3/5/2009, 03:35 PM
free coupons and brownies were being handed out at the Big 12 title game in Kansas City....that was awesome.

Frozen Sooner
3/5/2009, 03:43 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I get hungry on Sunday, too, and don't appreciate having to settle for McNuggets because of some cloying stunt.

Not that I'm necessarily the guy you want to go to for nutrition advice, but you might want to examine the equation of "I'm Hungry"="Must have fast food deep fried chicken."

I like that they close on Sundays. I have a feeling that as a business decision it's probably not a bad one. Personally, I think the move in banking towards Sunday hours is a bad one-customers like it, but they don't USE it, and what they DO use it for is unprofitable.