PDA

View Full Version : Hey King Crimson

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 04:57 PM
Are we seriously not getting the Mizzou game here tonight? My Comcast listing shows KU/Texas Tech. I see it available on the ESPN PPV, but that is still part of the Court Pass (or whatever they call it) for $129.

WTH?!

King Crimson
3/4/2009, 05:18 PM
for me, it's not a problem....since it's on ESPN360 which i get for free since CU is my ISP. but, with the Avs and Buffs playing it doesn't look good on Altitude or FSN whichever might pick up the Big XII network. and, according to another board, it's only on the Big XII. now, if this were a Big East game we'd have been hearing about it since Sunday and MU would have climbed into the top 10 even after getting blown out at KU.

it's been a frustrating year since i can't even find a reliable audio stream for the post-game show (or BBsr, lacking a video/TV option)...whereas in years' past, there were 2 or 3.

not listed at channelsurfing.net, though there's a good chance it's a game that will be picked up on justintv. but, that's a hit or miss deal. hup, altitude says it will be on at 2 AM....this morning (last night). what a great station, altitude.

starclassic tama
3/4/2009, 06:32 PM
ESPN360 sucks, you have to have one of a few ISP's to be able to get it, and COX's cable modem package isn't one of them

Frozen Sooner
3/4/2009, 06:44 PM
That's one of the nice things about going back to school-Alabama has wireless through the law school and 360 is part of the deal.

King Crimson
3/4/2009, 06:51 PM
i don't like ESPN, never watch it for anything other than games (this includes Gameday, commentary, whatever--just don't care) and i rarely if ever use the ESPN website....but, ESPN360 is pretty sweet for hoops. i don't know if i'd pay for it, but it's dandy for free.

they have on-demand replays the next day, too.

edit: and the OU women are on 360 tonight as well.

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 07:46 PM
Like starclassic, Comcast isn't set up for the 360 deal.

I know FSN or Altitude would pick the game up, except Altitude is carrying the Nuggets I think, and FSN is showing Rockies: Run For The Pennant...what a joke!

I guess it's gonna be another game I have to follow on line....SUCK!

King Crimson
3/4/2009, 07:50 PM
FSN is showing Rockies: Run For The Pennant...what a joke!

i saw that and laughed. really topical, timely programming. i realize spring training started but they ought to at least film another one called "Rockies: 10 games under .500 Again. The Youth Movement!".

King Crimson
3/4/2009, 08:02 PM
there doesn't appear to be any logic to whether they carry the game or not but you can (sometimes) get BBsr at

http://www.bartlesvilleradio.com/sportsschedule.html

King Crimson
3/4/2009, 08:11 PM
If the Bartlesville link doesn't have it, I'm told you can get the MU call at (better than nothing, i've done it many times):

http://www.kfru.com/

instigator
3/4/2009, 08:15 PM
I was pretty surprised that the game isn't being broadcast in Dallas. I have 360, but I can't Tivo that and I wont be home until 10 or so tonight. That kinda is the suck.

King Crimson
3/4/2009, 08:26 PM
supposedly it will be on here:

http://www.justin.tv/nomadxxxx

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I think I'll watch it on Justin TV.

Not the best quality, but better than nothing.