PDA

View Full Version : Football allegiances are diff than Bball, or is it just me?

Collier11
3/4/2009, 12:57 PM
In football I can never root for UT or osu, just cant do it. I dont even care if they are playing out of conf or bowl games. I want them to lose every time

In bball, I root for the Big 12. Is this odd, is it just me, or do you all feel the same?

yermom
3/4/2009, 12:58 PM
in bball i hate Kansas more than Texass and the Pukes

i guess in the tourney, i have mixed feelings when they all play though

soonerfan28
3/4/2009, 01:01 PM
In Big XII play I root for only us, but in non-con play and the NCAA tourney I root for Big XII.

Jacie
3/4/2009, 07:13 PM
If the color of the jersey is any shade of orange, they suck no matter what the sport.

Frozen Sooner
3/4/2009, 07:32 PM
If I happen to turn on the Ocho and see the UT men's tiddlywinks team playing the al-Qaeda, Hamas, and Zapatista All-stars, I'll immediately put a towel on my head and a poncho on my back.

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 08:34 PM
There are only a few Big XII bball teams I can pull for:

Baylor - which has mostly been like cheering for the "slow" kid at school.
Iowa State - again, they've sucked since the Mayor left
Mizzou - Back from the Norm Stewart days.

Of course, I hate 'em all when we play them.

OUmillenium
3/5/2009, 09:22 AM
Feelings on OSUx and Texass are the same for me in both sports. I like KU in football...HATE them in hoops.

olevetonahill
3/5/2009, 09:43 AM
**** em all . If they Aint OU , I aint watchin .

Sooner04
3/5/2009, 10:24 AM
Iowa State - again, they've sucked since the Mayor left
Dude, Iowa State has had some killer teams since Hoiberg left. Dedric Willoughby, Jamaal Tinsley, Marcus Fizer. The 2000 team made the Elite 8 then had to play Michigan State, the eventual national champ, in Detroit!

I understand the sentiment of this topic. I don't root for the Big 12 per se because I hate hate HATE Kansas, and I hate hate Texas and O-State. I like to see lesser teams make a run at the upper seeds. I was pulling for Nebraska earlier this year before they suffered some really tough losses. I was proud of eATMe for climbing out of the doldrums.

MyT Oklahoma
3/10/2009, 07:21 PM
I usually cheer for all of the Big 12 teams in the non conference b-ball games. However, the best moment of the NCAA tournament is when K-Who and their "waving wheat" fans go home. Preferably early. :D

OSUAggie
3/10/2009, 07:31 PM
The only Big XII schools that I consistently root against in all sports, life, and anything else are the University of Oklahoma, Baylor University, and Texas A&M University.

And Tech, at times.

Everyone else is OK with me - in all sports.

Although I don't really want UT to win any more national titles until we can get our lead back up a bit.

royalfan5
3/10/2009, 08:45 PM
I can't say that I root specifically against other teams differently, but I will say that your typical Nebraska basketball fans views other teams much differently than the typical Nebraska football fan. (If you are saying, wait a second, should they be same people? There a lot of Nebraska football fans that suddenly find themselves wearing a shade of blue during the winter, maybe Creighton, maybe KU, maybe bandwagon laden Carolina school) For those of us that are school loyalist, Mizzou and ISU to inflame the passions a bit more during basketball season. (If you are saying, wait a second there are Nebraska basketball fans?, yes there are, and I probably related to most of them)

sooner2b09
3/10/2009, 10:19 PM
I hate kansas, hate em hate em hate em in basketball. Much more than Texas

GottaHavePride
3/10/2009, 10:36 PM
Man, I flippin' hate Missouri in basketball. Seems like every time we played them with Quin Snyder there it turned into a heart-attack special, with someone winning by 2 points in the last 15 seconds of the game. Holy CRAP I hated that.

And lopsided-fro guy that played for Mizzou for roughly 8 years. Whatever his name was.

JLEW1818
3/10/2009, 11:53 PM
anyone except texas and pokes... If we got knocked out by Kansas this year somehow, I'd like to see them win it.

oupride
3/11/2009, 01:36 PM
**** em all . If they Aint OU , I aint watchin .
ditto

Dan Thompson
3/11/2009, 05:51 PM
Where else, but baseball, can a guy, scratch his balls, spit, and blow his nose for $20 million or so a year?

BoggyCreek Monster
3/14/2009, 02:30 PM
What is this Bball you speak of?? Are you saying there is something other than football out there?

OUAlumni1990
3/14/2009, 11:41 PM
All I know is I was sure rootin for baylor last night. LOL.

OUAlumni1990
3/14/2009, 11:43 PM
I'll root for ANY Oklahoma team against ANY Texas team. But I especially under no circumstances will root for Texas in any sport for any reason.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/15/2009, 12:12 AM
**** em all . If they Aint OU , I aint watchin .After OU lost, the tourney was over. It was a non-event after that.

TopDawg
3/16/2009, 03:37 PM
I hate Texas more than any other school and in every sport.

During the Eddie Sutton years, OSU was pushing Texas for the top spot in basketball hatred. Lately the aggie basketball hatred has waned. They're still second, but significantly behind Texas.

Those are really the only schools that stand out in more than one sport. My hatred for Miami, Notre Dame and USC in football kinda carries over into basketball, but they're not good enough to waste any hate on them in hoops. My default with Kansas basketball is hatred, but it kinda varies from year to year depending on their players.

I'm no fan of Kim Mulkey, either.

stoopified
3/16/2009, 10:53 PM
I only rerely root for Big 12 teams (other than OU,of Course ) to do well in ANY game regardless of sport.I'm just a hater.