PDA

View Full Version : Ill flip Sooner04's thread, who do you love to see lose?

Collier11
3/4/2009, 12:54 PM
North Carolina-I cant stand them, I cant stand them at all
Notre Dame- Whats there to say
Illinois and Indiana-Not sure why I cant stand Illinois, Indiana cus I think Bob Knight is one of the most overrated coaches ever
Indiana St- cus they beat us and I was always a Magic fan, hated Bird
Utah-They just annoy me
Stanford- How many times did this team get a top seed or a 2 and end up losing early, I loved it every time
Tennessee-blah
Oakland-I think this is the team that knocked ORU out of the ncaa tourney 3 or 4 years ago with a 3 at the buzzer, I always root for ORU so I was pizzed

Frozen Sooner
3/4/2009, 12:57 PM
Notre Dame
Duke
Tennessee
Villanova (until Scottie Reynolds graduates)
Texas
Cal
Florida
UConn

I'm a pretty hateful guy, I guess.

soonerfan28
3/4/2009, 01:12 PM
North Carolina. Because Duke is my 2nd team.
UCLA. Because they've won enough.
UCONN. No real reason
Memphis. Because they are overrated.
Any team that Bob Knight coaches. Because he's a temper tantrum fit throwing baby.

Lott's Bandana
3/4/2009, 01:16 PM
I don't care if it's football, basketball, baseball or ultimate frisbee:

texas always

Football as well:

suc
Domers
aggy
drunk azz cajuns

Basketball:

Duke
aggy

Baseball:

Miami
FSU
aggy

Collier11
3/4/2009, 01:58 PM
I forgot UCONN, I cant stand Uconn bball

Boomer.....
3/4/2009, 02:10 PM
Duke
Indiana
Texas
OSU
UCONN
Memphis

badger
3/4/2009, 02:22 PM
I've found myself making fun of Greg Paulus all season - I usually pick on the entire Duke team though and love it when they lose.

Texas of course, but on the women's side the entire team of thugs at A&M can lose 20 games per season for all I loathe them :mad:

Speaking of women, and it carries over to men, STANFORD. Gawd, I can't STAND the way they always beat our women in the tourney! They are a bunch of punks on the court too and so is their ghey band and gheyer mascot.

If OSU was still good, I might care about them more. As is the case now, meh.

soonerfan28
3/4/2009, 02:29 PM
Why dose everybody hate Duke? I know that Dickie V turns a lot of people off from that team, but are there any other reasons?

badger
3/4/2009, 02:31 PM
Why dose everybody hate Duke? I know that Dickie V turns a lot of people off from that team, but are there any other reasons?

This NSFW (language) video sums it up well:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fYOgC2Qbqh4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fYOgC2Qbqh4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Collier11
3/4/2009, 02:39 PM

Its the same reasons as OU football, they are always good
Same as ND football, they are way overhyped and get too much exposure in a typical year
Its typically a bunch of smart white boys who have money

sitzpinkler
3/4/2009, 02:47 PM
USC, OSU, Texas, Florida, any SEC team besides Arkansas, Notre Dame, Dallas Cowboys, Oakland Raiders, Denver Broncos, New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Devilrays, St Louis Cardinals, Indiana Pacers, San Antonio Spurs, any team that is in championship games far too consistently (except OU, of course) :)

soonerfan28
3/4/2009, 02:49 PM
That video is definitely entertaining.

Frozen Sooner
3/4/2009, 03:29 PM
Because **** Duke, that's why.

Frozen Sooner
3/4/2009, 03:30 PM
But mainly because the media outlets up here are all over Duke's knob because of Carlos Boozer and Trajan Langdon. Though why they don't celebrate Ramon Harris at Kentucky I don't know. The Dook love has kind of subsided though with Mario Chalmers doing well in the league.

SoonerBBall
3/4/2009, 03:38 PM
Kansas.

**** those guys right in the ear.

SoonerJack
3/4/2009, 03:48 PM
KU for me too. Having to live among so many Jayhawk fans just sucks.

The best thing is when they lose in the first or second round of the tournament. It's awesome, but it hasn't happened lately.

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 05:11 PM
Hey Froz and Collier,

Why do you hate to see Tennessee lose? Until Bruce Pearl arrived, they've pretty much sucked for a lifetime.

Unless you're talking about women's bball, then I get it.

Frozen Sooner
3/4/2009, 05:56 PM
'Cause I'm an Alabama guy.

soonervegas
3/4/2009, 06:19 PM
Kansas - I didn't really have a problem with them till the 2002 Final Four when they were giddy like little school girls at Indiana beating OU.

Ucla - I don't like their unis, tradition, etc.

Collier11
3/4/2009, 06:53 PM
cus I cant stand Tenn in BBall or Fball, it all goes back to when Spurrier made fun of Tenn when he was at Fla. Ive never like them

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 07:41 PM
'Cause I'm an Alabama guy.

Oh yeah...that makes sense.

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 07:43 PM
cus I cant stand Tenn in BBall or Fball, it all goes back to when Spurrier made fun of Tenn when he was at Fla. Ive never like them

I think a lot of people don't like them because of football.

The funny part about Spurrier is that he was born and raised in Tennessee. He was even an all-state player there. I think ever since he chose UF over UT, there's been an equal hatred.

Collier11
3/4/2009, 11:12 PM
it all started with the infamous quote, "you cant spell citrus without ut"

AllAboutThe'O'
3/5/2009, 05:07 AM
For me:
Texas, for obvious reasons.
North Carolina, especially since Ol' Roy took over.
Kansas; I like their football team but can't stand their hoopsters.
Kentucky, don't like their basketball fans but I did get to see Rupp Arena during a trip a few years ago and got a chuckle when it was set up for Lexington's arena football team.
Florida; couldn't stand the Joakim Noah-led squads from a few years ago.
UCLA, I'll never forgive them for beating my Hogs in the '95 finals. Plus, the worst boss I ever had was a die-hard Bruins fan (even though he was an OSU graduate, who knew?)
Syracuse; never will forgive them for knocking my Sooners out in '03.
Ohio State; never really like them in any sport.
UConn; Calhoun's a great coach and I admire him battling cancer but not the most lovable guy in the world.

Used to loathe Duke but don't anymore; I think OU getting a former Blue Devil as a head coach sort of softened that stance.
Also hated Georgetown when Big John Thompson was there; but sort of like his son the Third.

In women's basketball, I hate the following five teams:
1. UConn
2. UConn
3. UConn
4. UConn
5. UConn
And anyone, if it's not OU, who knocks out UConn and the arrogant Geno Auriemma in the tournament this year automatically becomes one of my favorite teams for next year. Even if it's Texas.