PDA

View Full Version : Jamell Fleming off the team

boomersooner28
3/4/2009, 09:01 AM
Academics. Kody Cooke, OLB, plans on transferring. Lamont Robinson graduated and decided not to return to football.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=9942765

soonerfan28
3/4/2009, 10:51 AM
Cooke is an O-lineman and Fleming could come back this summer is what Bob said in the press conference yesterday.

setem
3/4/2009, 12:53 PM
I wonder why Cooke is transfering?

Is Flemming not a big loss?

Is Cooke not a big loss?

I don't think Robinson would have played much as is it.

soonerfan28
3/4/2009, 01:00 PM
Cooke is not a big loss. I remember when he came out of Enid that I didn't think he would ever see the field with the linemen that OU brings in. Fleming is not gone he just needs to get academics in order and he can come back this summer.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/4/2009, 01:17 PM
Wasn't Robinson the guy who got screwed out of the interception in the end zone in the last whorns RRS game?

soonerfan28
3/4/2009, 01:23 PM
Yes.

Jay C. Upchurch
3/4/2009, 04:50 PM
Actually, Robinson had a chance to possibly see a decent amount of playing time in 2009. He had shown improvement, especially this past season...

...and yes, could have been the hero of the Texas game (TWICE).... besides not hanging onto the interception when he came to his feet (which is the NCAA rule)... he also whiffed on a tackle against Cody Johnson on a fourth-and-1 play at the OU goal-line with 3:40 left in the first half. Instead, the Horns cut the lead to 21-17 and we all know what happened after that.

Not blaming Lamont, but he definitely had a chance to come up huge in that game.

Rhino
3/4/2009, 09:42 PM
Cooke got recruited over.

Robinson is apparently unbelievably smart in the class room.

Fleming will be back once he passes classes at OCCC.

okienole3
3/4/2009, 10:04 PM
Lamont Robinson went through senior day activities at the Tech game. So did Brett Bowers and I am pretty sure he has eligibility left.

Rhino
3/4/2009, 10:17 PM
Nah, Bowers eligibility was up.

Bowers, Bennett, Braxton, Chaney, Davis and Holmes were our fifth year seniors.

starclassic tama
3/4/2009, 11:12 PM
Robinson is apparently unbelievably smart in the class room.

then why is he going to law school? ZING

that is cool though. i don't hear much about this happening at other schools, maybe it's just because i don't follow them like i do OU. we had pendleton and now robinson do this, has to say at least A LITTLE BIT about the values instilled at the university of oklahoma doesn't it?

8timechamps
3/4/2009, 11:22 PM
Actually, Robinson had a chance to possibly see a decent amount of playing time in 2009. He had shown improvement, especially this past season...

Not blaming Lamont, but he definitely had a chance to come up huge in that game.

I really thought he was going to be one of the studs in the defensive backfield last season.

As much as I hate to remember that game, you're 100% correct about what 'could have' been.

Desert Sapper
5/12/2009, 05:18 PM
I thought Lamont was going to really break out after the UNT game, what was it? Two years ago? Then I thought he was going to step up to fill in RR's spot at Red River. Then I thought, well at least he can compete for a spot in '09. That's three times.

And I thought Fleming was going to be competing for a spot this year.

MojoRisen
5/12/2009, 07:28 PM
Cooke is an O-lineman and Fleming could come back this summer is what Bob said in the press conference yesterday.

I am sure Flemming is pretty good - Trice and Lynn should be able to fill in after a year in the program... both are real good corners so I think we would be fine.

We also got Jonathon Nelson - I guess Lynn or Trice may have too not redshirt though.

Jello Biafra
5/13/2009, 08:55 AM
Academics. [/url]

= knucklehead!!! get yer asss to class.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/13/2009, 09:03 AM
So is there anything new or was this thread brought back up out of boredom?