PDA

View Full Version : Change, is it really good? An open, honest sincere question

BudSooner
3/3/2009, 11:03 AM
What i'm speaking of is, for example lets say for all the bad things that Clinton did(Somalia,failure to do anything about Bin Laden)he did create jobs/reduce the size of the federal government/and reduced the welfare rolls.....here comes W(who I elected two terms)makes swift changes which increases the size of government/unemployment goes up/people on welfare increase...then in comes Obama...who promises to undo the evils that W has done.

I believe in change, but everytime a new president enters the oval office and undoes what the previous administration has done.....are we actually getting somewhere? Or is this dictated by the current economy global and domestic?

I guess what i'm driving at is, wholesale changes to laws due to your parties stance on a particular issue seems rather petty, fluid changes would make for better government...not knee jerk reactions.

"I'm a dem, you republicans suck...i'm gonna raise taxes, spend spend spend"

"Now that that idiot is gone, i'm gonna change the way things are done around here...he had no idea what the hell he was doing"

i'm going back to bed, usually I stay our of political arguments but I just wanted a sincere answer why some administrations want to **** up the good things a previous president has done.

JohnnyMack
3/3/2009, 11:09 AM
Ego.

OklahomaTuba
3/3/2009, 11:11 AM
Regret..
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_orkXxp0bhEA/Sa0VbN04HLI/AAAAAAAAQY4/ND7FwuiR-JE/s400/090303-sorry2.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_orkXxp0bhEA/Sa00v3m97sI/AAAAAAAAQZA/Nt8dT9kznnE/s400/090303-sorry2.jpg

jkjsooner
3/3/2009, 11:14 AM
Tuba, you are one whinny brat.

Keeping screaming loud enough and maybe one day that will make you relevant.

BudSooner
3/3/2009, 11:15 AM
:rolleyes:

I figured you two would fag things up. Way to go.

Not you jk.

OklahomaTuba
3/3/2009, 11:15 AM
;)

JohnnyMack
3/3/2009, 11:24 AM
:rolleyes:

I figured you two would fag things up. Way to go.

Not you jk.

Mine was a serious response. Humper.

BudSooner
3/3/2009, 11:33 AM
Mine was a serious response. Humper.

I'm not the one with his arms wrapped around Baracks leg junior, and if it's "ego" then "The One" has more issues than I thought.
I believe it was "ego" that drove W to invade Iraq, so....what is good for the goose is indeed good for the gander?

Or in this case, turkey.

I.
Await.
Your.
Response.

C&CDean
3/3/2009, 11:39 AM
I believe JM and his lord and saviour are gay.

badger
3/3/2009, 11:52 AM
I was not old enough to vote in the 2000 election, but I was surprised that those who were chose to vote for Bush en masse.

I know that a majority of voters chose Gore, yes, but where it mattered according to the electoral college, they voted for Bush. The swing states, including Gore's own home state, voted for Bush. Those heavily populated states like Cali that always vote Demo voted for Gore, which led to the popular vote win.

The economy was on the up and up. The national debt was getting paid off. Unemployment was low, stocks were high, the dotcom bubble had yet to burst.

I know that Bill Clinton was unfaithful to Hillary, but... well... so were Democrats in last year's election. Was that sad and pathetic affair enough to convince America to vote for W?

yes, i'm taking this topic seriously :P

Change is good only when status quo is bad.

JohnnyMack
3/3/2009, 11:53 AM
I'm not the one with his arms wrapped around Baracks leg junior, and if it's "ego" then "The One" has more issues than I thought.
I believe it was "ego" that drove W to invade Iraq, so....what is good for the goose is indeed good for the gander?

Or in this case, turkey.

I.
Await.
Your.
Response.

You said:

I believe in change, but everytime a new president enters the oval office and undoes what the previous administration has done.....are we actually getting somewhere? Or is this dictated by the current economy global and domestic?

To which I reply, it takes a ridiculous amount of ego to run for POTUS. My response has nothing to do with a R/D dichotomy.

JohnnyMack
3/3/2009, 11:54 AM
I believe JM and his lord and saviour are gay.

Dumbledore.

I win.

yermom
3/3/2009, 12:03 PM
Change is good only when status quo is bad.

this.

if more people were happy with how things were going an R would likely be in the White House right now

C&CDean
3/3/2009, 12:13 PM
this.

if more people were happy with how things were going an R would likely be in the White House right now

More people were happy. They just didn't live in Chicago, LA, NYC, and Boston.

BudSooner
3/3/2009, 12:26 PM
You said:

To which I reply, it takes a ridiculous amount of ego to run for POTUS. My response has nothing to do with a R/D dichotomy.
Ego to be president is one thing, ego to step forward and tell your party "No, i'm going to work with both sides to make our country stronger just as I said I would"

or

"I'm a dem, of course i'm going to do things opposite of republicans"

I'm saying, thats the problem with a two party system...the moment the other party steps into the office...everything the previous president has done bad or good gets unraveled.

By ego.

fadada1
3/3/2009, 04:39 PM
...I just wanted a sincere answer why some administrations want to **** up the good things a previous president has done.
to which "previous president" are you referring??

i'd ask W the same thing about how/why he screwed up clinton's prosperity. hell, W probably even found away to **** up the BJ bill got in the oval office.

i have a number of conservative views, but i see nothing wrong with what is going on in government right now. W did little (if any) to continue what clinton did to get us out of a big hole. at least obama is trying something.

Condescending Sooner
3/3/2009, 04:57 PM
to which "previous president" are you referring??

i'd ask W the same thing about how/why he screwed up clinton's prosperity. hell, W probably even found away to **** up the BJ bill got in the oval office.

i have a number of conservative views, but i see nothing wrong with what is going on in government right now. W did little (if any) to continue what clinton did to get us out of a big hole. at least obama is trying something.

Well, I wish he would stop it before the stock market goes to 3,000.00. Every move he makes results in the Dow dropping like a rock.

Maybe he should just take a breath and allow things to settle down before implementing all the "hope and change".

BudSooner
3/3/2009, 04:59 PM
W did little (if any) to continue what clinton did to get us out of a big hole. at least obama is trying something.

I agree about W, but Clinton didn't have 9/11 to deal with and those effects are still being felt today, Bill may be at fault for some things but i'll give him props for handling the economy.

As for Obama, it's gonna take awhile to see how this plays out..i'm hoping it makes for a better economy but I know it's going to get worse before it gets better.

OklahomaTuba
3/3/2009, 05:43 PM
W did little (if any) to continue what clinton did to get us out of a big hole. at least obama is trying something.

Nice historical revisionism, but in real world, the tech bubble had burst well before Bush was in office, just like now with Obama and the housing bubble.

Difference is, we didn't get double digit unemployment like we have now, nor did anyone bother with using the word Depression.

Now, they do.

And when you add that recession, 9/11, and two wars, we still didn't have the cluster **** we have now.

Gee, I wonder why, hmm???

Obama is trying to do something, but its causing a MUCH bigger problem. And Wall-Street has lost all confidence in the man not two months into his term.

OklahomaTuba
3/3/2009, 05:47 PM
BTW, Remember when raising taxes in the midst of a deep recession was considered wise policy?

Neither do I.

KC//CRIMSON
3/3/2009, 05:59 PM
BTW, Remember when raising taxes in the midst of a deep recession was considered wise policy?

Neither do I.

Remember the last time you were quiet?

Neither do we.

OklahomaTuba
3/3/2009, 06:02 PM
aww, sumbody is cwanky!!

KC//CRIMSON
3/3/2009, 06:09 PM
aww, sumbody is cwanky!!

No, your shtick is played....

JohnnyMack
3/3/2009, 06:12 PM
No, your shtick is played....

http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/p/paul-simon/album-one-trick-pony.jpg

fadada1
3/3/2009, 07:22 PM
And when you add that recession, 9/11, and two wars, we still didn't have the cluster **** we have now.

Gee, I wonder why, hmm???

where did the recession come from?

and you know, i'm a military veteran, and we have NO BUSINESS being in iraq. afghanistan is a different story, imo. you know how much money, lives, manpower, effort is being wasted in iraq. any idea how much it costs to run an aircraft carrier for one day... in a combat zone?

explain why iraq is in surplus, yet 6 months ago we were paying $4+ for a gallon of gas to drive to buy our $3 1/2 gallon of milk.

yeah, george had ALL the answers. and he was so great at explaining them to us.

JLEW1818
3/3/2009, 07:30 PM
At least he (bush) does not have to be told to put his hand over his heart during the national anthem.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/3/2009, 08:03 PM
and you know, i'm a military veteran...
Once "the Anointed" starts hiring for the Domestic Military Force, you can join up again, to help him with his agenda.

jkjsooner
3/3/2009, 10:30 PM
Tuba, you are one whinny brat.

Keeping screaming loud enough and maybe one day that will make you relevant.

I re-read this and I want to apologize to Tuba. This was too much of a personal attack and for that I'm sorry.

jkjsooner
3/3/2009, 10:35 PM
I know that Bill Clinton was unfaithful to Hillary,

That pretty much is it. The Lewinsky scandal was enough to push Bush over the edge.

Americans were tired of scandals and, right or wrong, held that against Gore.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/4/2009, 12:04 AM

Neither do I.I don't remember it but my momma told me about Hoover.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/4/2009, 12:37 AM
Hello, Gang of Ignore!

Crucifax Autumn
3/4/2009, 03:50 AM
Goodbye gang of attention!

sitzpinkler
3/4/2009, 11:07 AM
At least he (bush) does not have to be told to put his hand over his heart during the national anthem.

damn, you're all about posting the most relevant **** about the topic at hand, aren't you?

sitzpinkler
3/4/2009, 11:10 AM
Nice historical revisionism, but in real world, the tech bubble had burst well before Bush was in office, just like now with Obama and the housing bubble.

that is a load of bull-****ing-**** right there, buddy

I'm in IT and I can tell you the tech bubble didn't begin to burst until late 2001, well into Bush's 1st term

yermom
3/4/2009, 11:30 AM
i remember looking back at my job i started in June 2001 and thinking the tech bust hadn't gotten to me yet. we were still hiring with good salaries but i knew a lot of people around that were losing the dot-com jobs they had gotten in the previous couple of years

it got really ugly in late 2001 though