PDA

View Full Version : I was in Stilwell OK today.

Okla-homey
3/2/2009, 08:09 PM
Pretty country. The folks? ehhh, not so much.

I did see something I had never seen before. Schoolkids hitting the Quikee Mart for after school snackies and paying for them with some kind of gubmint food stamp credit card dealio.

These kids were 12 or so. Whipped out their cards, the clerk swiped 'em, they put in their PIN, and she sacked-up their 22 oz. Mountain Dews and Funyuns. Somehow, that just seems wrong. I mean, they at least orta have to buy something kinda healthy.

And they were chubby little bastages too.

Mixer!
3/2/2009, 08:16 PM
Hooray for HFCS!!!

SicEmBaylor
3/2/2009, 08:30 PM
At this point, I'm just glad they're at least American citizens.

47straight
3/2/2009, 09:24 PM
I know a family from Stilwell that's produced three Air Force pilots out its three sons.

So yeah, I guess they've all got that on-the-government-dole thing in common. ;)

walkoffsooner
3/2/2009, 09:52 PM
Are they like the strawberry capital of the world?

LoyalFan
3/3/2009, 02:09 AM
At this point, I'm just glad they're at least American citizens.

Don't bet on it.

LF

Crucifax Autumn
3/3/2009, 03:34 AM
They really oughtta make sodas and snack **** ineligible. I think the program should exist, but it should exclude junky crap. I know that in texass and here in nevada you can go in a convenience store and buy microwavable junk food and if ya don't heat it before you pay it's eligible...So all these a-holes buy it then hit the microwave!

picasso
3/3/2009, 04:26 PM
that town is rough.

yermom
3/3/2009, 05:08 PM
They really oughtta make sodas and snack **** ineligible.

i'd add beer to that list ;)

olevetonahill
3/3/2009, 06:03 PM
i'd add beer to that list ;)

Now yer just talkin Crazy.:eek:

Soonrboy
3/3/2009, 10:36 PM
My parents grew up there, and it is rough. Sammy Claphan is from there..as are the two brothers that played for OU, one was a deep snapper, damn, I can't remember their names...

AllAboutThe'O'
3/3/2009, 10:45 PM
My parents grew up there, and it is rough. Sammy Claphan is from there..as are the two brothers that played for OU, one was a deep snapper, damn, I can't remember their names...
Panter. Ben Panter was the one who had the bad snap which led to the Florida State safety in the closing moments of the 2001 Orange Bowl, the 2 in 13-2. A few nights later, Panter was back in Stilwell attending Stilwell's basketball game against Sallisaw, and he was introduced to the crowd by the P.A. announcer and he was still feeling a bit sheepishly embarrassed about costing the Sooners the shutout.

soonerboomer93
3/3/2009, 11:58 PM
ben's posted on here

SicEmBaylor
3/4/2009, 01:42 AM
Heh, I went into a little convenience store down the block today to get a Coke and the woman in front of me was buying condoms with the Texas foodstamp card. I didn't know that you could do that.

I don't have a problem with that though because it's preventing her government dependent spawn from entering the world.

Crucifax Autumn
3/4/2009, 03:46 AM
I always thought that bad snap was intentional...and I still do.

Crucifax Autumn
3/4/2009, 03:47 AM
Heh, I went into a little convenience store down the block today to get a Coke and the woman in front of me was buying condoms with the Texas foodstamp card. I didn't know that you could do that.

I don't have a problem with that though because it's preventing her government dependent spawn from entering the world.

That's because in certain circles semen is food...

Ban me now! lol :eek:

RacerX
3/4/2009, 07:27 AM

and you'd be wrong.

olevetonahill
3/4/2009, 12:46 PM
and you'd be wrong.

Agreed , why in hell would it be Intentional ?

Frozen Sooner
3/4/2009, 12:51 PM

According to Ben himself, it was not.

47straight
3/4/2009, 02:48 PM
If I remember right, that was his only bad snap all year. That means he really came through for us in some other tight games like OSU and aTm and maybe made the difference.

Tulsa_Fireman
3/4/2009, 05:13 PM
Agreed , why in hell would it be Intentional ?

Field position.

Your defense has its ears pinned back and has a chunk of Weinke's ***. In other words, eat the 2 points and punt from the 20 instead of pinned at the goal line with a short snap, and let those life takers and heartbreakers on your defense saddle up and keep them out of field goal range. Not to mention a TD and a field goal doesn't get them a chance to beat you with a 2-point conversion.

Trading 2 to keep the 3 off the board. Makes a lot of sense, especially given the circumstances. If it wasn't on purpose, it sure was a smart accident.

yermom
3/4/2009, 05:26 PM
we were up 13-0 not 3-0 though

the heads up play was Fergie falling on it in the end zone instead of giving up a possible TD

OklaPony
3/4/2009, 10:25 PM
Are they like the strawberry capital of the world?
At one time I think that area was well known for growing something a little greener.