PDA

View Full Version : Nolan Richardson speaks

Leroy Lizard
3/1/2009, 09:53 PM
"We don't do no talking," Richardson said before Sunday's game. "We shake hands, and our pleasantries is good enough."

Good God!

bri
3/1/2009, 10:45 PM
I cannot stand Nolan Richardson. That prick is total clown shoes.

StoopTroup
3/1/2009, 11:13 PM
I cannot stand Nolan Richardson. That prick is total clown shoes.

I guess I can maybe understand a little disappointment in Nolan as he left TU for Arkansas (TU has always wanted revenge on the Hogs for past losses and not playing a football game in Tulsa).

But in his day....he had some great days here...plus...Ed Beshara knew how to make that man shine. :D

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/tuls/sports/m-baskbl/auto_action/676382.jpeg

badger
3/2/2009, 08:27 AM
As long as all of you brought this dear saint up, is he still with the Mexico national team, or is he with another college team now?

I've really stopped paying attention to him for reasons like the quotation above.

OKLA21FAN
3/2/2009, 09:01 AM
Nolan can get er done!

bri
3/2/2009, 01:52 PM
I guess I can maybe understand a little disappointment in Nolan as he left TU for Arkansas (TU has always wanted revenge on the Hogs for past losses and not playing a football game in Tulsa).

But in his day....he had some great days here...plus...Ed Beshara knew how to make that man shine. :D

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/tuls/sports/m-baskbl/auto_action/676382.jpeg

My hatred of Nolan has nothing to do with the TU days or his leaving. I wasn't really aware of him until he got to Arkiesaw and started being a huge d*uchebag. I can't even rembember how many schools he refused to play anymore because they'd beaten the Hogs, then when pressed as to why he dropped the series he'd mutter something about "they don't respect us". F*ck you, you lost. Man up and get better, or just drop actual competition to schedule Prarie View or some bullsh*t like that.

8timechamps
3/2/2009, 03:37 PM
I can't stand him either, but Nolan coached some of the most exciting college teams of my lifetime. Actually, it's a toss up between him and the Shark.

bri
3/3/2009, 01:47 AM
I call B.S. Those Arkansas teams were wannabes.

Tubbs, Tarkanian, and Westhead coached the most exciting teams of my childhood.

8timechamps
3/3/2009, 08:09 AM

Damn you man! Show some respect for the teams that introduced the curtain length shorts!

Sooner04
3/3/2009, 09:42 AM

I'd hardly call those Arkansas teams wannabes. They made three Final Fours in six seasons, and they went to the Elite 8 in '91.

Massive kudos on mentioning the other three though. My affinity for Tarkanian is well documented, but Westhead was a mad scientist. There was a game on ESPN Classic a few months ago between Loyola Marymount, led by Gathers and Kimble, and LaSalle, led by Lionel "L-Train" Simmons. They played in some old barn in Philadelphia and the score was knotted at 100 with about five minutes to go.

Man, it was bliss.

8timechamps
3/3/2009, 09:51 AM
No doubt that there were some serious runnin' teams back in the day. Many of those guys even played at the next level. Although, there was probably more that tried and failed.

Wasn't it Stacy Augman and Grandma-ma that appeared on the cover of S.I. in like $1500 worth of clothing?

badger
3/3/2009, 09:57 AM
Not to keep this thread alive because I know this guy isn't anyone's favorite coach by any means, but what exactly is he doing these days? Is he still with the Mexican National Team, or is he just taking up the airwaves and print space with quotes like these?

soonerfan28
3/3/2009, 10:05 AM
Wiki says that he is still the basketball coach.

Sooner04
3/3/2009, 10:10 AM
No doubt that there were some serious runnin' teams back in the day. Many of those guys even played at the next level. Although, there was probably more that tried and failed.

Wasn't it Stacy Augman and Grandma-ma that appeared on the cover of S.I. in like $1500 worth of clothing?
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1990/1119_large.jpg

I'll go to my grave convinced UNLV threw that '91 national semifinal against Duke.

8timechamps
3/3/2009, 10:15 AM
YES!

I have no doubt in my mind that those UNLV teams were dirty, but I loved watching those guys play. What was better, was that we pretty much owned them from 84-90 (6 games 5-1 record).

8timechamps
3/3/2009, 10:17 AM
Also, wasn't it that SI cover that signified the beginning of the end for the Shark?

bri
3/3/2009, 11:16 AM
Damn you man! Show some respect for the teams that introduced the curtain length shorts!

You misspelled "Michael Jordan". ;)

I'd hardly call those Arkansas teams wannabes. They made three Final Fours in six seasons, and they went to the Elite 8 in '91.

I meant wannabes in terms of being among the great run 'n' gun teams of the 80's. I just don't think of those Hog teams the way I do Billy's OU squads, or UNLV and LMU.

Massive kudos on mentioning the other three though. My affinity for Tarkanian is well documented, but Westhead was a mad scientist. There was a game on ESPN Classic a few months ago between Loyola Marymount, led by Gathers and Kimble, and LaSalle, led by Lionel "L-Train" Simmons. They played in some old barn in Philadelphia and the score was knotted at 100 with about five minutes to go.

Man, it was bliss.

You've gotta love anyone who made his players heave up a shot within the first 7 seconds of the shot clock. :D

picasso
3/3/2009, 01:27 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1990/1119_large.jpg

I'll go to my grave convinced UNLV threw that '91 national semifinal against Duke.

nope. they got stroked and they didn't realize Bobby Hurley learned how to shoot a jumper.

Nolan had some great teams at Tulsa but his squad at Arkansas was though.

Phil Spradling anyone?

XingTheRubicon
3/3/2009, 02:35 PM
yeah, UNLV threw that game

Sooner04
3/3/2009, 02:51 PM
Also, wasn't it that SI cover that signified the beginning of the end for the Shark?
Nah. It was that picture of Anderson Hunt in the hot tub with Richie "The Fixer".

Tark had a pretty good class set to come in before all hell broke loose. You may have heard of the point guard.........Jason Kidd.

8timechamps
3/3/2009, 02:57 PM
Nah. It was that picture of Anderson Hunt in the hot tub with Richie "The Fixer".

Tark had a pretty good class set to come in before all hell broke loose. You may have heard of the point guard.........Jason Kidd.

That's right. I kept thinking "hot tub", but when you found that SI cover I thought I was thinking of someone else. Turns out I was.

Richie...remember all the crap that swirled around that?