PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Apprentice

StoopTroup
3/1/2009, 09:12 PM
I think tonight's first show might be good enough to watch. We get to see some really good showboaters....

Dice Clay...

What's going on with Joan Rivers and her Daughter? Did they cut the umbilical cord or what? She's 56 years old for God's sake!

StoopTroup
3/1/2009, 10:25 PM
OK...

It was nice to see Brande Roderick sell her cupcakes to the public for charity.

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/model/brande-roderick/pictures/brande-roderick-picture-2.jpg

SoonerTroll
3/1/2009, 11:12 PM
Ya that was actually entertaining. Dennis was a punk..

StoopTroup
3/1/2009, 11:19 PM
Dennis hasn't changed much.

He puts himself as a close second to Trump as far as Celebrity...

Trump would kill Dennis in Celeb Status if he'd just tat up and get some piercings.

badger
4/28/2009, 08:19 AM
Earth Day (a week later!) has encouraged me to thread-recycle. :D

Is anybody else still watching this show? I DVR it if I'm out Sunday night, but last week's show was kind of funny... how Annie Duke can take all credit in wins and be utterly blameless in losses is amazing and I think I should be taking notes on how to apply this in the workforce :D

"Why yes, I did everything and deserve credit for everything, but so much was expected of me that I shouldn't be held accountable if it didn't work out as planned!"

Wow, just wow...

Also, via DVR, I find myself fast forwarding the scenes with Clint Blint (boring!), Joan Rivers (what a beyonce) and Georgia Heisman winner Hershel Walker. It will be interesting to see if upon the firing of Melissa Rivers (it's inevitable, she is NOT going to win) if the Ma Rivers leaves the show... and yes, I am providing spoiler-free analysis, so if you say "baj, have you even been watching the board room to see who is still in the show?" the answer is yes :D

picasso
4/28/2009, 08:39 AM
I've been watching it when I'm around.
The best part about this show is to see some of these spoiled celebs being talked to like they haven't in years. Jesse James telling Clint Black he was f'ing stupid, twice! Priceless.
I've always liked Black's music but he's a major doosh.

And the poker player? Oy.:rolleyes:

picasso
4/28/2009, 08:41 AM
OK...

It was nice to see Brande Roderick sell her cupcakes to the public for charity.

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/model/brande-roderick/pictures/brande-roderick-picture-2.jpg

her face is jacked. Gulbis looked better than her. Give me the old days when Playboy models were actually naturally pretty and dint have to have plastic tomatoes to try to look good.

badger
4/28/2009, 09:09 AM
I've been watching it when I'm around.
The best part about this show is to see some of these spoiled celebs being talked to like they haven't in years. Jesse James telling Clint Black he was f'ing stupid, twice! Priceless.
I've always liked Black's music but he's a major doosh.

And the poker player? Oy.:rolleyes:

Clint Black really is a d00sh, especially compared to last year's token country singer (Trace Adkins).

Including Annie Duke ensures that they will now have token poker players each subsequent season of celebrity apprentice. I would personally hope for Phil Hellmuth... can you imagine the whining he would do?

Donald Trump: You were the project manager and you lost, Phil.
Phil: ****! ****! ****! There's no justice in the Apprentice. If luck wasn't involved, I would win every time.
Trump: But no luck was involved in this task, Phil.
Phil: **** you.
Trump: **** you too... and you're fired.
Phil: ****!

OU4LIFE
4/28/2009, 09:33 AM
I watched the first one.

Is Jesse James still on it? He's one of the most grounded ones on the show. I'm rooting for him if he's still in it. Just because it'd be cool for him to tell Trump "Eat Me" on the last show.

picasso
4/28/2009, 09:47 AM
James is quite grounded and very reasonable. He's come a long way since his show on Discovery or whatever channel that was.
Of course he was boozin then.
He's also the one who called out Rodman on his alcohol abuse.

badger
4/28/2009, 09:56 AM
He seems quite mellow now and I think he has a good cause - a charity he founded to get kids to stay in high school and learn welding and other useful mechanical skills so that they can have a skill after HS to use should they not attend college.

NormanPride
4/28/2009, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I've gained a TON of respect for that guy. He's easily my favorite, but I don't think he has a shot in hell of winning, unless there aren't anymore fund raising tasks.

StoopTroup
4/28/2009, 12:08 PM
Jesse telling Clint he should just hit the delete button was pretty funny IMO.

The Joan Rivers meltdown was awesome.

I really thought Trump might try to keep Joan and her Daughter to the end to battle it out for some Plastic Surgery dough.

Alas...Annie Duke got to Trumpy. She's a pretty cool character.

badger
4/29/2009, 07:47 AM
So... for the people actually watching the show... who wins this season? SPOILER ALERT - the remaining contestants are listed below!

1- Joan Rivers
2- Jesse James
3- Clint Black
4- Brande Roderick
5- Annie Duke

I am happy to see the women doing a helluva lot better than last year's celebrity apprentice (Omarosa is such a beyonce and brought the other chicks down, methinks). Thus, I think the final two are going to include either Annie or Brande. I think Joan's out. She has such a mother hen mentality that she'll go wherever Melissa is. Of the two guys left, I think Jesse has contacts that he's been saving for when he really needs to fundraise... a very good move on his part. Way too many celebrities used their contacts too early both this season and last. Clint seems to have a lot of contacts, but his decision making is highly questionable.

Final 4: Annie, Jesse, Clint, Brande
Final 3: Annie, Jesse, Brande
Final 2: Annie, Jesse
Apprentice: Annie

Czar Soonerov
4/29/2009, 09:59 AM
I gotta go with Annie to win the whole thing too. She really knows how to play against peoples weaknesses. Plus I think Trump likes her the most out of the remaining 5.

Scott D
4/29/2009, 03:10 PM
Is anybody else still watching this show? I DVR it if I'm out Sunday night, but last week's show was kind of funny... how Annie Duke can take all credit in wins and be utterly blameless in losses is amazing and I think I should be taking notes on how to apply this in the workforce :D

"Why yes, I did everything and deserve credit for everything, but so much was expected of me that I shouldn't be held accountable if it didn't work out as planned!"

Daniel Negreanu among others will tell you that has always been Annie's m.o. She got her name in poker by abusing the hell out of being Lederer's little sister.

picasso
4/29/2009, 05:19 PM
I don't get the poker talent in the business game. She simply stabs folks in the back and then kisses arse at the board meetings.
I woulda told her to remover her nose from their butts.

NormanPride
4/29/2009, 05:27 PM
You're a starving artist, so you don't get it. It's because she ruthlessly stabs people in the back and kisses lots of *** that she's perfect for this show. Trump's playing that me-first-and-damn-the-consequences 80's CEO that we all hated, and she fits that persona as well.

Jesse would annihilate her in the real world, but we're not talking about that, are we? ;)

badger
4/29/2009, 05:37 PM
Daniel Negreanu among others will tell you that has always been Annie's m.o. She got her name in poker by abusing the hell out of being Lederer's little sister.

I've heard that, but there's so few women at final tables in the WSOP (or at least it seems that way) that it's kind of interesting to see one actually compete in top tourneys occasionally.

Maybe what's her face's contact should have put her in touch with Danny instead of Phil Hellmuth for that charity auction?

NormanPride
4/29/2009, 06:02 PM
We even mentioned that when it first came up.

I like Danny - he acts like it's still a game.

badger
5/4/2009, 07:48 AM
Bastard network!

Making us all think that Joan was out of the competition when Melissa got fired, it threw my predictions off by one... I guess not all of us can be as good at predicting reality shows as Rhino on Idol :D

So - who wins now, people? Annie or Joan? Poker or Joker?

picasso
5/4/2009, 09:08 AM
You're a starving artist, so you don't get it. It's because she ruthlessly stabs people in the back and kisses lots of *** that she's perfect for this show. Trump's playing that me-first-and-damn-the-consequences 80's CEO that we all hated, and she fits that persona as well.

Jesse would annihilate her in the real world, but we're not talking about that, are we? ;)

no, I understand cut-throat business. just not folks who take credit for everything when they aren't deserving. she has some personal issues IMO. Anyone who constantly says "me, or I" and always needs affirmation has self esteem problems.
Troubling too if she's the best in the world at her profession.

Anywho, I'm outta people to root for on this show.

StoopTroup
5/4/2009, 12:56 PM
I've heard that, but there's so few women at final tables in the WSOP (or at least it seems that way) that it's kind of interesting to see one actually compete in top tourneys occasionally.

Maybe what's her face's contact should have put her in touch with Danny instead of Phil Hellmuth for that charity auction?

You would have though her Brother would have been helping her more from behind the scenes. He's the one who supposedly taught her to refine her poker game.

Trump fired Jesse because he wants to see a good cat fight. His using Sandra Bullock as an excuse was lame.

badger
5/4/2009, 01:02 PM
Trump fired Jesse because he wants to see a good cat fight. His using Sandra Bullock as an excuse was lame.

Jesse held out his resources too long and if he vowed to put up a fight and pull out all punches he would have stayed. He had said previously in the show that he was holding his contact until it was his charity the money would go toward, which Annie called him on at the boardroom.

But I agree... Trumpster wants a catfight and dag nabbit, he will have a catfight.

StoopTroup
5/4/2009, 01:03 PM
Annie is definitely getting some help breaking down these fools IMO. Either that or she's as ruthless as any Woman in History...lol

JohnnyMack
5/4/2009, 01:20 PM
Annie (like her or not) is playing this game well.

I too would have rather seen Jesse vs. Annie, but it doesn't make as interesting TV.

badger
5/4/2009, 01:26 PM

The same could be said for Piers last year. Sure, he had the mob boss go and spy on the other team. Sure, he called Omarosa names. Sure, he used every last Brit who's ever had an ounce of fame to get him to the end, but that's how you play the "Celebrity Apprentice" game.

Now, say Trace Adkins won and interviewed these four. I think then he would have chosen Jesse to represent in the final two... and the other participant would be a toss-up.

OU4LIFE
5/4/2009, 01:29 PM
I'd like to use Sandra Bullock as an excuse.

jus sayin

JohnnyMack
5/4/2009, 01:37 PM
I'd like to use Sandra Bullock as an excuse.

jus sayin

She wouldn't let you mow her yard.

OU4LIFE
5/4/2009, 02:42 PM
she might.

picasso
5/4/2009, 05:23 PM

I too would have rather seen Jesse vs. Annie, but it doesn't make as interesting TV.

yes but there's also a term in business called ethics. I'm pretty sure there's a class about it in college.

And I have to give Jesse some props for not using his wife just to score points. I honestly thought he's been holding out for the end, simply because he's sold so many bikes to big time celebs.

picasso
5/4/2009, 05:24 PM
she might.

if you were naked and playing the bongos.

badger
5/4/2009, 05:32 PM
if you were naked and playing the bongos.

Jesse might have been laid back most of the show, but something tells me he'd kick your arse if you tried to excuse Sandra by playing bongos nekkid :D

picasso
5/4/2009, 05:35 PM
Jesse might have been laid back most of the show, but something tells me he'd kick your arse if you tried to excuse Sandra by playing bongos nekkid :D

it wasn't me. it was Tuggnuts.

JohnnyMack
5/4/2009, 07:58 PM
yes but there's also a term in business called ethics. I'm pretty sure there's a class about it in college.

And I have to give Jesse some props for not using his wife just to score points. I honestly thought he's been holding out for the end, simply because he's sold so many bikes to big time celebs.

I agree, but this is Donald Trump we're talking about. Look at the personality type that has done well in his shows.

And I too have been rooting for Jesse. I think he had a good shot at beating Annie. Joan? Not so much.

picasso
5/4/2009, 09:39 PM
honestly this is the first season I've really watched. good show.

badger
5/5/2009, 07:11 AM
honestly this is the first season I've really watched. good show.

The show used to be "How to succeed in business without really trying" but the show was dying when they tried some gimmicky things (ex: losing team sleeps in tents outside, show moves from ny to cali, omarosa, etc.)

The gimmick that I really didn't think would work would be celebrities, especially when it was rumored to have a lot bigger names on the show than it really did (Ex: Tony Hawk rumored, actually Omarosa).

They renewed the celebrity aspect of apprentice for a third run next year, so stay tuned! They had some bigger name this year than last and they might continue heading in that direction

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2012, 10:03 AM
so Miss Universe went home last night - as much as i loathe Lisa Lampanelli - there was no way around sending Dayana home

and Aubrey O'Day is still a worthless whore.......i laughed a lot when Trump said "oh thats right, you sing too, you're not just a Playboy Playmate"

the look on O'Day's face was greatness!

SanJoaquinSooner
4/30/2012, 10:52 AM
It's as if the editors were thinking, "let's see, how can we edit the footage to make Dayana look as stupid and incompetent as we possibly can, so everyone will agree that she must be sent home over that sorry-***-worthless-piece-of-**** Lisa." If one of my employees talked to another employee the way Lisa talked to Dayana, I would fire her fat-*** in a New York Times Square minute.

I'm rooting for anybody-but-Lisa.

Viking Kitten
4/30/2012, 11:08 AM
Team Gaiken all the way.

Theresa is way past her expiration date, Arsenio is just not that good, I pretty much want to take a baseball bat to the clown whore's smug little face, and Lisa is an emotionally unstable bully.

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2012, 11:13 AM
the more i think about it - the more i believe Aiken will be the apprentice - they go out of their way to paint him as a leader, the one thats calm and rational, etc etc

Lampanelli is too foul mouthed for Trump to pick her....but he'll pit Clay against either one of the cow whores left on the show not named Teresa Guidice (whom i have a tiny jersey shore crush on)

Viking Kitten
4/30/2012, 11:16 AM
Agreed. I'm betting Aubrey will be the other finalist. There's just too much good stuff to hate to let her go before the last show.

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2012, 11:29 AM
and some of the charities these people support

look, i'm all against bullying the gays - but GLSEN? really? there was another charity that escapes me at the moment - that was a tad ridiculous

Viking Kitten
4/30/2012, 11:50 AM
Oh yeah... about that. How awesome was it that Aubrey is supporting a charity against bullying gay people, then goes around saying vicious things about her teammates, even suggesting in an insulting way that Arsenio dresses up in cheerleader costumes at home. Her charity must be so thrilled to have her support.

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2012, 12:05 PM
they'll be even more thrilled if they do a GIS with the safe search off

Viking Kitten
4/30/2012, 12:08 PM
Ewwww yuck. She's so gross. :P

achiro
4/30/2012, 12:34 PM
I watched a few minutes of this last night while waiting on the weathermans updates. Who the heck is the redhead "pop singer" that's on there? I don't think I've ever seen or heard of her before.

OULenexaman
4/30/2012, 12:44 PM
I don't think anyone has...

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2012, 12:55 PM
I don't think anyone has...

exactly - if not for this show - i doubt few would know that she's Aubrey O'Day - playboy model and pop singer (cough cough)

OULenexaman
4/30/2012, 01:21 PM
I'll bet Dean has..;)

picasso
4/30/2012, 02:08 PM
Great show. Speaking of charities, what exactly is Gay Men's Health Crisis?

Dean? Any input?

Viking Kitten
4/30/2012, 02:22 PM
Stop bullying Dean or Aubrey will give you a piece of her mind.

OULenexaman
4/30/2012, 03:31 PM
I heard Dean has all her CD's...:congratulatory:

Viking Kitten
4/30/2012, 03:35 PM
You mean her two platinum albums? PLATINUM! And she had lots of Twitter followers! And she always impresses herself!

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2012, 06:53 PM
You mean her two platinum albums? PLATINUM! And she had lots of Twitter followers! And she always impresses herself!

yeah i chuckled when she threw that street cred out there last night ....."i have two platinum albums"

picasso
5/1/2012, 05:50 PM
Don't forget she can write a song literally with no effort. So can I! lalalalalalalalalalalala....

SanJoaquinSooner
5/7/2012, 01:33 AM
You're fired, Bitch.

olevetonahill
5/7/2012, 01:39 AM
jaun, What you doing still up? That dayum lettuce aint gonna pick itself ya know .:chuncky:

jk the sooner fan
5/7/2012, 08:03 AM
damn, Cowanelli got fired - did not see that coming

i think the finals will be Gay Clay and Whore O'Day against each other........unless, Trump want to make it personal and then it will be Arsenio against O'Day - only because they hate each other and the extra drama is needed

SanJoaquinSooner
5/7/2012, 08:18 AM
O'day is clearly the most creative and productive, so I think she's in , ... I believe Clay by a hair over Arsenio. But it may depend on what Trump has in mind for the final battle.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/7/2012, 08:20 AM
jaun, What you doing still up? That dayum lettuce aint gonna pick itself ya know .:chuncky:

I messed around and didn't get tomatoes planted until this weekend. Now it will be close to August before I harvest.

olevetonahill
5/7/2012, 08:32 AM
I messed around and didn't get tomatoes planted until this weekend. Now it will be close to August before I harvest.

No ****?
I got mine planted way early, Folks kept tellin me a frost would get em I said No way. I was right so far:chuncky:

Already have a bunch of green ones

Curly Bill
5/7/2012, 08:33 AM
No ****?
I got mine planted way early, Folks kept tellin me a frost would get em I said No way. I was right so far:chuncky:

Already have a bunch of green ones

I think you're now safe.

olevetonahill
5/7/2012, 08:37 AM
I think you're now safe.

Ya me also to, But ya know what they say about Oklahoma weather:chuncky:

Hell Ive seen 6 inches of snow in May before

Curly Bill
5/7/2012, 08:42 AM
We were supposed to have a cold front move in. I woke up early this morning burning up, I'm like: where the hell is that cold front?

olevetonahill
5/7/2012, 08:44 AM
We were supposed to have a cold front move in. I woke up early this morning burning up, I'm like: where the hell is that cold front?

No **** . Its already 70 and rising here

SoonerStormchaser
5/7/2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks for hijacking this thread....

SanJoaquinSooner
5/7/2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks for hijacking this thread....

I predict Aubrey vs. Clay. How about you?

Curly Bill
5/7/2012, 01:55 PM
I predict Vet is gonna have a bumper crop of mators!

olevetonahill
5/7/2012, 02:51 PM
I predict Vet is gonna have a bumper crop of mators!

Im already figurin how to save some fer winter

Viking Kitten
5/7/2012, 06:45 PM
So nobody is gonna say a word about Aubrey and all her charitable work with Fidel Castro? What the eff is wrong with you guys today? :D

SanJoaquinSooner
5/7/2012, 08:02 PM
So nobody is gonna say a word about Aubrey and all her charitable work with Fidel Castro? What the eff is wrong with you guys today? :D

I bet Fidel bullied gay kids in his younger days.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/7/2012, 08:03 PM
Im already figurin how to save some fer winter

But are your apricots ever worth a damn?

olevetonahill
5/7/2012, 08:15 PM
But are your apricots ever worth a damn?
Hell I got a small handful that 1st year then the dayum tree died the next

But my cucumbers are growing fine

picasso
5/7/2012, 08:16 PM
Clint Black really is a d00sh, especially compared to last year's token country singer (Trace Adkins).

Including Annie Duke ensures that they will now have token poker players each subsequent season of celebrity apprentice. I would personally hope for Phil Hellmuth... can you imagine the whining he would do?

Donald Trump: You were the project manager and you lost, Phil.
Phil: ****! ****! ****! There's no justice in the Apprentice. If luck wasn't involved, I would win every time.
Trump: But no luck was involved in this task, Phil.
Phil: **** you.
Trump: **** you too... and you're fired.
Phil: ****!
I take some of that back. Black may have been a little spoiled by his success but in hindsight James was and is a dick.

SoonerStormchaser
5/8/2012, 08:50 AM
I think Clay gets fired right at the start of next week's episode...leaving the Little Mermaid and Arsenio. Why? Based upon the camera angle they showed the Donald during the previews when he "fired" the next dude in line.

That being said...if it is those two, expect a knock-down, drag-out!

Viking Kitten
5/8/2012, 10:04 AM
I saw that too, but I bet it's a trick. The producers of this show know what they are doing, they wouldn't have given it away that obviously. Clay v. Aubrey, Clay wins.

Further prediction: Aubrey enjoys a moment of residual fame, then slides into obscurity where her narcissistic personality disorder results in her ending up a lonely, bitter, spiteful old woman.

jk the sooner fan
5/8/2012, 10:46 AM
I saw that too, but I bet it's a trick. The producers of this show know what they are doing, they wouldn't have given it away that obviously. Clay v. Aubrey, Clay wins.

Further prediction: Aubrey enjoys a moment of residual fame, then slides into obscurity where her narcissistic personality disorder results in her ending up like Lisa Lampanelli.

FIFY

eh, she'll always have her GIS images :D

picasso
5/8/2012, 02:59 PM

Further prediction: Aubrey enjoys a moment of residual fame, then slides into obscurity where her narcissistic personality disorder results in her ending up a lonely, bitter, spiteful old woman.
heh

SoonerStormchaser
5/10/2012, 09:57 PM
To Recap:
2648 Vs 2649 Vs 2650

SanJoaquinSooner
5/13/2012, 11:28 AM
Well, I'd kinda like to see the Apprentice finale, but Next Food Network star is premiering for this season at the same time slot.

The finale of Desperate Housewives is on too. The show sucked big time for the last several seasons, but I'd like to see how they end the thing.

Need to check the rerun schedule I guess.

jk the sooner fan
5/13/2012, 04:27 PM

ole Faruk would hit that - and hit it hard

SanJoaquinSooner
5/13/2012, 11:10 PM
Like her or not, Aubrey was the best player. Way better than Arsenio. Trump sucked on that decision.

picasso
5/13/2012, 11:31 PM
The best player? She was good on some things but her best gift was taking credit for everything that went right.
The weird magician guy is probably this season's best player. Not effin Audrey 'O day.

jk the sooner fan
5/14/2012, 06:41 AM
Aubrey doesn't know what "transparent" means

Trump called her out on it -then she goes into defense mode - and then proceeds to be transparent the entire show

aside from Omarosa - i can't think of a more annoying BITCH on this show than Aubrey........self absorbed and clueless

Dio
5/14/2012, 12:32 PM
LOL that Aubrey was the last one picked when they chose sides. Didn't phase her massive ego, though.

jk the sooner fan
5/14/2012, 12:33 PM
LOL that Aubrey was the last one picked when they chose sides. Didn't phase her massive ego, though.

oh i think she was majorly butt hurt over it - but deflected it back on Clay and Arsenio

she's a piece of work - i feel sorry for whoever is the man in her life

Viking Kitten
5/14/2012, 01:11 PM
I think it was hilarious that Arsenio kept messing with her: "I'll take the lovely and talented... Paul Teutel Sr." While looking right at Aubrey while he said it. The little grimace on her face while he did it was priceless.

jk the sooner fan
5/14/2012, 01:22 PM
I think it was hilarious that Arsenio kept messing with her: "I'll take the lovely and talented... Paul Teutel Sr." While looking right at Aubrey while he said it. The little grimace on her face while he did it was priceless.

yeah there was one occasion where she got a huge grin on her face - thinking "he's going to pick me" - and then realized........NOPE - lmao

picasso
5/14/2012, 01:47 PM
I'm no Debbie Gibson fan but I think it's funny when current pop stars rag on older singers and their one or two hits. These modern rags better hope one of their piece of **** songs has any staying power.
I can't honestly tell you what Audrey has sung.

SoonerStormchaser
5/14/2012, 09:33 PM
At least Debbie WROTE AND PRODUCED HER OWN ALBUMS!!!

SanJoaquinSooner
5/21/2012, 01:15 AM
WTF?

Blue
5/21/2012, 01:20 AM
Yeah that was weak. Trump is a chump though. What are we expecting? It seems the Donald is using these people to extend his brand. Imagine that. The fact is his brand is and will always be sleazy and cheesy. I enjoyed the season though.

jk the sooner fan
5/21/2012, 06:53 AM
i was kind of surprised he picked Arsenio

but the love fest between Arsenio and Clay was even more homo erotic than I imagined it would be

Clay loved it i'm sure

OULenexaman
5/21/2012, 09:24 AM
I thought it was funny Arsenio said his late night show was #2 behind Carson....dude.....you were 3 at best.

Viking Kitten
5/21/2012, 09:40 AM
Yeah, something smells fishy about that whole deal, and I don't mean Lisa Lampanelli's mouth after her date with Aubrey.