PDA

View Full Version : RIP Paul Harvey

Whet
2/28/2009, 09:08 PM
Paul Harvey, a Tulsa Central High School graduate, passed today.

http://www.abcrn.com/harvey/main2.jpg

ABC Radio Networks Statement on the Passing of Paul Harvey
Saturday February 28, 8:34 pm ET
DALLAS, Feb. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is a statement from Jim Robinson, President of ABC Radio Networks, on the passing of Paul Harvey:Paul Harvey was one of the most gifted and beloved broadcasters in our nation's history. As he delivered the news each day with his own unique style and commentary, his voice became a trusted friend in American households. His career in radio spanned more than seven decades, during which time countless millions of listeners were both informed and entertained by his "News & Comment" and "Rest of the Story" features. Even after the passing of his loving wife Angel in May 2008, Paul would not slip quietly into retirement as he continued to take the microphone and reach out to his audience. We will miss our dear friend tremendously and are grateful for the many years we were so fortunate to have known him. Our thoughts and prayers are now with his son Paul Jr. and the rest of the Harvey family.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/090228/da77046.html?.v=1

olevetonahill
2/28/2009, 09:32 PM
Dayum
RIP Paul

colleyvillesooner
2/28/2009, 09:35 PM
He's moved on to the great hot tub out back in the sky.

Thanks for the great stpries Paul.

Chuck Bao
2/28/2009, 09:47 PM
The rest of the story is yet to be written. He was on of my all time favs while driving a tractor as a kid.

soonerloyal
2/28/2009, 10:35 PM
RIP and godspeed to one of Oklahoma's favorite sons.

A brave outspoken critic of the Vietnam War.

The Rest of The Story, I'm sure you'll be covering, Sir. We'll miss you, but we'll pick up your broadcast when we get to the Pearly Gates of Heaven...KPGH Broadcast Network.

Good Day.

85Sooner
2/28/2009, 10:44 PM
RIP and godspeed to one of Oklahoma's favorite sons.

A brave outspoken critic of the Vietnam War.

The Rest of The Story, I'm sure you'll be covering, Sir. We'll miss you, but we'll pick up your broadcast when we get to the Pearly Gates of Heaven...KPGH Broadcast Network.

Good Day.

great note.

emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good day! Indeed.

Soonerus
2/28/2009, 10:53 PM
RIP Paul, well done...

King Crimson
2/28/2009, 11:00 PM
wow. some of earliest memories were my Dad driving to me elementary school hearing PH, my dad drinking coffee out of his old school metal Thermos.

RIP Paul Harvey.

stoopified
2/28/2009, 11:16 PM
I never Paul Harvey but WILL miss him,his style made feel as if we were family.

royalfan5
2/28/2009, 11:56 PM
Man I just heard him at noon today on the radio. We always listened to him at breakfast when I was little on KWBE.

Crucifax Autumn
3/1/2009, 02:02 AM
He was truly a great.

GrapevineSooner
3/1/2009, 08:25 AM
I hope God's got a broadcast chair and a mic ready for him in Heaven.

KingBarry
3/1/2009, 10:56 AM
When i was in 8th grade, one of my best friends lived across the street from the school, and everyday we would go over to his house for lunch and listen to Paul Harvey's News and Comment on the radio.

I am 43 now, and just last week I was thinking, "Can you believe that Paul Harvey is still on the radio?"

Guess he won't be any more.

He lived a good and long life. I will miss him.

sooner n houston
3/2/2009, 03:47 PM
:( RIP Paul! Another great Okie rides off into the sunset.:(

swardboy
3/2/2009, 05:14 PM
Heard him everywhere I've lived, but most vivid are memories of the radio noon broadcast on the grandfolks farm, listening outside sitting in the shade in June as the sound came through a screen window...competing with the cicadas buzzing. PH was everywhere.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/2/2009, 07:03 PM
He was a very special personality. Pioneer in talk radio, a great Tulsan, Sooner and American. A GOOD DAY, Paul.

Okla-homey
3/2/2009, 08:19 PM
Here's to Paul Harvey with his melodious voice resonating from my grandparent's Zenith radio that sat on the kitchen table while we listened during summertime lunches of tender minute steaks, crispy fried okra, big slabs of fresh tomato and sliced onion washed down with cold buttermilk. KVSO, AM1240. Ardmore, America.

RIP Paul, you were a class act. All the way.