PDA

View Full Version : .023

oupride
2/28/2009, 10:01 AM
not only represents the separation between OU and horns in final BCS ranking, but the buzz word inside the locker room according to Colt McCoy. He gave a good interview on ESPNU's Inside College Football, seemed positive and focused on Spring drills.

King Crimson
2/28/2009, 10:21 AM
Colt's OK. the thing is UT beat a team that was 1-2 against ranked teams (tOSU) in the waning moments and somehow that makes them think they are #1 and their loss at Tech somehow did not happen? i think USC has a better angle about being hosed than UT.

tOSU probably doesn't even belong in a BCS bowl.

OU-HSV
2/28/2009, 10:23 AM
F*ck Colt and f*ck the whorns.
Hey mack, hey colt...round up your locker room boyfriends....gather around....and listen to this.
It's nearly March of 2009 and you still didn't beat Tech last season. And you still ignore the rules that were set into place...and you still blame the BCS system for what was actually a Big 12 rule (fifth tiebreaker for a 3 way tie).
So just STFU, get your spring practices in, and worry about Dallas this season.
I hope we're able to demolish them and shut them up. Of course if that happens, they'll be whining about something else. Mack will say Bob ran the score up, and then he'll invite Dan Beebe and his Big 12 Conference staff down to his campus to talk about how he thinks Bob ran the score up and that texass deserved the win.

fadada1
2/28/2009, 09:41 PM
not only represents the separation between OU and horns in final BCS ranking, but the buzz word inside the locker room according to Colt McCoy. He gave a good interview on ESPNU's Inside College Football, seemed positive and focused on Spring drills.

sh*t. they probably figured out weight lifting, sprints, film study, position practice, footwork drills, speed work (obviously from UF), playbooks...

i don't blame ponyboy for saying carp like this... i'd be worried if he didn't. i blame the media for thinking that this is actually real news. that being said, however, i'm fine with the texas player focusing on some random number. our players will continue to do the same thing they always do - focus on success. when was the last time OU used a "catch phrase" to get motivated???

OUinFLA
2/28/2009, 09:51 PM
well.....
"finish" comes to mind.

Socrefbek
2/28/2009, 10:56 PM
WTLG:gary:

OU-HSV
3/1/2009, 12:05 AM
well.....
"finish" comes to mind.

shhhhhhhh ;)

Oh and "finish" isn't a cry baby lobbying strategy...finish is something that is critical of OUr own team.

BoulderSooner79
3/1/2009, 12:00 PM
Dozens of teams will have some sort of slogan going this and every other season (WTLG and "finish" have been pointed out). Only 1 team will hoist the crystal ball; does that mean they will have had a better slogan? I'd put my money on better players and better luck - like not having DM out with injury in the title game (dammit).

CrimsonJim
3/1/2009, 12:23 PM
- like not having DM out with injury in the title game (dammit).

Double damn damnit! Thanks for reminding me that wound was still open.... :eek:

badger
3/1/2009, 12:44 PM
Colt's OK. the thing is UT beat a team that was 1-2 against ranked teams (tOSU) in the waning moments and somehow that makes them think they are #1

Well, there goes my favorite arguing point with Lid whenever he brings up our recent BCS woes. I could always fire back "We're undefeated in all of the bowls you make it to in the postseason - the Cotton, the Holiday and the Rose."

:mad: Unfortunately, with this Fiesta Bowl win, I will have to come up with some new material. Normally, I could hold out hope that they would falter before the annual October meeting... but... you know... their non-conference schedule sucks.

:D Ok, so I've just found my Lid bait. :D

Collier11
3/1/2009, 12:50 PM
I guess they finally figured out how the BCS works

JLEW1818
3/1/2009, 02:03 PM
I guess they finally figured out how the BCS works

hahahha

Mack "derr derrr ,I'm voting us number 1"

Jacie
3/1/2009, 09:49 PM
Of course, saxet's nonconference schedule is, was and probably will continue to stink up Darrel Royal Stadium (bet the home crowd just loves paying for those games). The reason is simple, just look at the teams Mack was losing to in the early years of his tenure in austin. He found that every year his team would lose to a middle-of-the-road D-1 opponent (Stanford and NC State come to mind). The only way out was to either play against the big boys (good loss or a great win) or what they are doing now, playing the bottom tier teams. That strategy has come back to haunt them and so Pony Boy et al are left to talk about B.S. like what shoulda been instead of how they took care of business.

That said, what are the chances we'll see another whorn-sponsored banner flying over one of OUr games in 2009?