PDA

View Full Version : Is the Perfect Storm brewing in austin?

Jacie
2/28/2009, 09:15 AM
Pony Boy's backup, Chiles, has been moved to wide receiver (at his request). That leaves the hornies a little thin at qb (again). Let's see, if the starter has to come out for any reason, they can play Sherrod who has played in all of three games or a recruit, Gilbert. They better put Colt in a dress during spring practice to make sure he stays healthy. Their season would go south in a hurry if he had to sit before putting a game away.

Leroy Lizard
2/28/2009, 12:20 PM
Chiles can be moved back.

Hornlaw
2/28/2009, 05:53 PM
So, who is the proven and experienced All-American backing up Bradford?

snp
2/28/2009, 06:12 PM
Chiles wasn't making waves at the position anyways. This gives them another weapon on offense and since Gilbert is the likely starter in 2010, he can now slide into the backup position and pick up some garbage minutes.

goingoneight
3/1/2009, 12:36 AM

I don't know whorn, who was the proven and experienced All-American backing up Paul Thompson? :rolleyes:

trwxxa
3/1/2009, 12:36 PM
Pony Boy's backup, Chiles, has been moved to wide receiver (at his request). That leaves the hornies a little thin at qb (again). Let's see, if the starter has to come out for any reason, they can play Sherrod who has played in all of three games or a recruit, Gilbert. They better put Colt in a dress during spring practice to make sure he stays healthy. Their season would go south in a hurry if he had to sit before putting a game away.

I think most folks forgot Chiles was even on the roster. Mack has finally figured out that there was only one #10 and has given up his search for a successor.

Gilbert will be able to play from day 1. McCoy seems to be more durable anyway since he has "bulked up".

rr2
3/2/2009, 12:41 AM
Gilbert is one of the best qbs in the country coming out of high school. They aren't thin.

badger
3/2/2009, 09:42 AM
The circle of college football recruiting life continues.

Mack: Of course you can stay at QB here at Texas and not be moved to WR like some OTHER teams are trying to do!
QB recruit: But what about (insert starting QB's name here)
Mack: (Insert starting QB's name here) won't play at Texas forever, son! He'll probably be gone in two, three years tops!

Two, three years tops later...

QB recruit: NO PLAYING TIME!
Mack: We've got a depth chart, son.
QB recruit: WANT PLAYING TIME NOW!
Mack: Well, we could sure use a WR with your skills!
QB recruit: WR it is!

It could be worse - this guy COULD stay at QB then be trying to sell us a dumbed down plan on how to make money. :rolleyes:

soonerfan28
3/2/2009, 01:40 PM
It could be worse - this guy COULD stay at QB then be trying to sell us a dumbed down plan on how to make money. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it will happen again.

badger
3/2/2009, 01:43 PM
It shall be known as The Mock Chiles Plan.

Texas fans will learn that safer investments are those with lower risks.

Oklahoma fans will simply mock Chiles.

unbiasedtruth
3/4/2009, 05:25 AM
actually if I remember correctly a year ago Greg Davis and Mack were trying to come up with a way to get both Chiles and McCoy on the field at the same time. Didnt work last year....

KantoSooner
3/7/2009, 12:22 PM

Landry. Landry. Repeat that word. Proven? Experienced? Not at this level; but, still, I have a deeply rooted conviction that dusty Texan cheeks will be carved by rivers of tears over the next few years as they hear the sad (for them) litany...."Landry.....Landry"

Seriously, the guy will have, by August, two springs, two summers and a season under his belt, albeit with no playing time. So far, we've heard nothing but good things about him. I'm not too worried about 'what ifs' at QB.

Jacie
3/7/2009, 03:05 PM

I hate flattering you with another reply to your post but the difference between OU relying on Bradford and UT relying on McCoy is OUr qb does not do double time as OUr #1 rusher . . .