PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights

Czar Soonerov
2/28/2009, 09:06 AM
In last nights episode, the tailback is being recruited by OU and they played "She Don't Use Jelly" by The Flaming Lips.

Great show.

King Crimson
2/28/2009, 09:11 AM
i remember that. it's a pretty good show, all in all. a little too much soap opera at times and the actual football scenes are pretty absurd. the hitting is video game stuff and every game comes down to the last play. Does Coach Taylor ever not wear shorts and a Dillon ballcap?

Frozen Sooner
2/28/2009, 11:06 AM
In last nights episode, they played "She Don't Use Jelly" by The Flaming Lips.

Great show.

I mentioned this in another thread. Thought it was cool. I actially preferred the girl's solo version to Landry's.

King Crimson
2/28/2009, 11:12 AM
Riggins ends up at "San Antonio State"....or not. I'm not sure if we back off, or what. Tyra should be bare-breasted a few times. She does get into UT, so that's got to have the "we went to Harvard times Oxford" types and made a 27 on the ACT aristocrats at hornfans knashing their teeth.

back in the day, when both Crimson and Cream Dean and I used to post at hornfans.com in the late 90's and early 00's....it was amazing how hushy they would get I'd tell them i applied to UT as a back up school. i didn't, my sister did though. they offered her money. i knew my Dad would never pay for it. I actually scanned my acceptance and money offer from Vanderbilt for some asshat at hornfans. my username was deleted shortly thereafter.

Frozen Sooner
2/28/2009, 11:28 AM
Heh. I scanned my LSAT report and a recruiting letter from Boalt on TOT for a second (with my last name and such redacted), then deleted them both after thinking "That's kind of a dickhead move."

Didn't JD McCoy's dad go to OU in the series?

And of course she got into UT.

King Crimson
2/28/2009, 11:39 AM
it was a total dickhead move but i got called out for being a dumb okie and sometimes you take the means to solve the problem and make a point.

wrestling with a pig in mud will get you muddy....but it's better to win than lose. i wouldn't be afraid to still do it for m2. stick him where he lives. it would be a win for Okies, OU fans, and Bama fans....and camera pics of ****ty Jeep windows of moving trucks and such.

we're set at QB if JD is an Okie. Two Heisman's in the last 5 years.

Frozen Sooner
2/28/2009, 11:44 AM
Too late. I threw away the recruiting letter. I've still got one from Columbia-I guess I could post that and a link to the USNWR ranking showing Columbia comfortably ahead of Cal.

M Club made a good point that if I left it up, all that would happen would be that m2 would save 'em, photoshop 'em, and claim they were his in a couple of years. m2's still stuck with the knowledge that for all his bull****, when I was called out I was able to post up and prove my claims-while he's never submitted a shred of proof that he's ever even set foot on a college campus.

Frozen Sooner
2/28/2009, 11:46 AM
it was a total dickhead move but i got called out for being a dumb okie and sometimes you take the means to solve the problem and make a point.

wrestling with a pig in mud will get you muddy....but it's better to win than lose. i wouldn't be afraid to still do it for m2. stick him where he lives. it would be a win for Okies, OU fans, and Bama fans....and camera pics of ****ty Jeep windows of moving trucks and such.

we're set at QB if JD is an Okie. Two Heisman's in the last 5 years.

Heh. I just remember some dinner that Garrity had with some rich dude who went to OU that Riggins crashed. Can't remember if that was JD's dad or not.

You know, I can't remember ANYTHING last night about Matt Saracen. I hope they don't just say "screw it, he's the backup" and just forget his storyline now that he got a little coaches' daughter tang.

King Crimson
2/28/2009, 12:01 PM
Saracen comes back. you can watch the whole end of the series at brokencontrollers.com, if you want.

i did.

8timechamps
2/28/2009, 12:20 PM
I can't tell if Czar started this as a joke or not...

bluedogok
2/28/2009, 01:01 PM
It was on Directv last fall, my wife watched them all, they picked up the production costs and got the rights to broadcast them early.

I have seen a few of them around town at times and have frequented a few of their regular shooting locations.

jkjsooner
2/28/2009, 01:32 PM
i remember that. it's a pretty good show, all in all. a little too much soap opera at times and the actual football scenes are pretty absurd. the hitting is video game stuff and every game comes down to the last play. Does Coach Taylor ever not wear shorts and a Dillon ballcap?

I disagree on both the soap opera account and the football scenes account.

For starters, this isn't really a show about football. If people realized that fact the show would get much better ratings as the quality of writing is very very good. I suppose you can call is soap opera if you want but it is much more about real life than any other prime time soap opera. It deals with teenage issues, family issues, community issues and in my opinion is does so very convincingly.

As for the football scenes, maybe they're not perfect but they kick the tail out of most sports shows we've seen in the past. The QB's clearly are not QB's but you have to forgive a little of that. At least they cut away and show a tight spiral which is obviously thrown by someone else.

The whole party scene with the high schoolers going to strip clubs and stuff is way out there and not at all realistic.

Frankly, I think it's the best show on TV.

badger
2/28/2009, 02:00 PM
I used to watch - until they moved it to Fridays.

Czar Soonerov
3/16/2009, 09:18 PM
Saracen comes back. you can watch the whole end of the series at brokencontrollers.com, if you want.

i did.

The question is: Do they take state?

ultimatesooner1
3/17/2009, 04:11 PM
I disagree on both the soap opera account and the football scenes account.

For starters, this isn't really a show about football. If people realized that fact the show would get much better ratings as the quality of writing is very very good. I suppose you can call is soap opera if you want but it is much more about real life than any other prime time soap opera. It deals with teenage issues, family issues, community issues and in my opinion is does so very convincingly.

As for the football scenes, maybe they're not perfect but they kick the tail out of most sports shows we've seen in the past. The QB's clearly are not QB's but you have to forgive a little of that. At least they cut away and show a tight spiral which is obviously thrown by someone else.

The whole party scene with the high schoolers going to strip clubs and stuff is way out there and not at all realistic.

Frankly, I think it's the best show on TV.

its a small town high school, its not that far off at all

we used to do the same type of partying in HS

jkjsooner
3/18/2009, 10:05 PM
its a small town high school, its not that far off at all

we used to do the same type of partying in HS

Really? Strip clubs? I would think they would cherish their license a little more than that.

My question is how did Riggins went to NYC during football season without drawing criticism from the coach. If the scenes are shown in the correct time sequence Riggins sure missed a couple of practices.

Anyway, it's still a great show.

AMSooner
3/19/2009, 10:03 PM
Heh. I just remember some dinner that Garrity had with some rich dude who went to OU that Riggins crashed. Can't remember if that was JD's dad or not.

You are correct. JD's dad played at OU with the Boz. Riggins was going to ask him about what it was like to play with Boz but ended up not talking and ordering rare pigeon for dinner.

Fraggle145
1/11/2011, 04:48 PM
Just started watching this show... through season 1. Its pretty good :pop:

OUthunder
1/11/2011, 05:54 PM
Last season, great show. One of the best I've watched in many years. Makes me feel 16 again minus the strippers.