PDA

View Full Version : Church's Fried Chikkin has seen the last of me!

LoyalFan
2/28/2009, 01:00 AM
A lady pal and I stopped at a Church's in Boerne TX, read the drive-thru menu and ordered the 20-piece family order. The posted price was 28.99 and came with four large sides (We opted for fries, jalapeno poppers, slaw, and biscuits.)
The semi-Eengleesh esspikkin female on the horn then asked if we wanted "mixed" or all dark. Of course I said "mixed".
That little change resulted in the price for the order going up by OVER FOURTEEN freaking dollars!
Of the dark pieces, six were drumsticks and ONE was a thigh. Some deal for another fourteen bux, eh?
That, gentle readers, is why I remain loyal to Popeye's (Spicy, o'course.)
I plan to call the toll-free number tomorrow and politely question their concept of value for the price.
Will report.

LF

OU_PhD
2/28/2009, 01:02 AM
Popeyes is the only fried chicken I'll eat besides Eischen's and home-cooked.

LoyalFan
2/28/2009, 01:06 AM

That makes the "PhD" all the more understandable and well-warranted! Congrats!

LF

Jerk
2/28/2009, 01:07 AM
Scott's wants $60 for the large bag of crabgrass preventer. F*ck em.

someone who believes in deflation needs to stand outside the grocery store and tell that to the women walking out.

Oh I'm sorry, were we talking about chicken?

Jerk
2/28/2009, 01:09 AM
Okarche: A german-catholic nightmare.

Boomer.....
2/28/2009, 11:52 AM
I haven't ate at a Church's Chicken in about 8 years when I found that someone drew a "Jesus fish" on the bottom of my biscuit. I guess someone was bored with an ink pen and drew on a frozen biscuit. I took it back up there and they said "oh", and gave me another like it happens a lot.

Turd_Ferguson
2/28/2009, 11:58 AM
I haven't ate at a Church's Chicken in about 8 years when I found that someone drew a "Jesus fish" on the bottom of my biscuit. I guess someone was bored with an ink pen and drew on a frozen biscuit. I took it back up there and they said "oh", and gave me another like it happens a lot.I can't remember ever looking at the bottom of my biscuit before I et it so, I never would have noticed.

Penguin
2/28/2009, 12:37 PM
I haven't ate at a Church's Chicken in about 8 years when I found that someone drew a "Jesus fish" on the bottom of my biscuit. I guess someone was bored with an ink pen and drew on a frozen biscuit. I took it back up there and they said "oh", and gave me another like it happens a lot.

What? You refused to eat a holy biscuit? You could be healing the sick and turning water into wine right now!

King Crimson
2/28/2009, 12:54 PM

popeyes is pretty good. and the biscuits are money. red beans are rice are good, too.

Frozen Sooner
2/28/2009, 01:07 PM
Having worked at both KFC and Popeye's while I was in high school, I would much rather eat at a KFC. Which isn't to say I'll eat at either by choice very often.

I hate to tell you what those red beans look like while being prepared.

Boomer.....
2/28/2009, 01:31 PM
I can't remember ever looking at the bottom of my biscuit before I et it so, I never would have noticed.

It was so long ago, I don't remember what made me look at it. Maybe it flipped upside down.

KC//CRIMSON
2/28/2009, 04:08 PM
popeyes is pretty good. and the biscuits are money. red beans are rice are good, too.

Popeyes is pretty damn good. Their spicy chicken is the best.

swardboy
2/28/2009, 04:23 PM
I could o.d. on Popeye's biscuits...

King Crimson
2/28/2009, 05:40 PM
one of the best meals i've ever had (that wasn't on the island of Ithaka in Greece or in Spain on the Costa Brava or made by my main man #1 the late Carlo Lima, my first real chef i worked for) was on a lay-over at the Durham, NC airport Popeyes.

LoyalFan
2/28/2009, 07:05 PM
Often, on the night before an early AM venture to annoy the bass or execute game animals, I'll mosey to the semi-nearby Popeye's and order extry bizkits with my dinnah. Then, post-dining, I'll sizzle up some largish patties of b'fast sawsage and package some sawsage bizkits, two per ZipLoc(TM) bag.
In the AM I just pops 'em in the m'wave for a moment after loading tackle, firearms, etc, and grab those (enough for companion as well,) a large OJ, and some kawfee, and I'm all set.
When in a particularly festive mood I even add a dab o' scrambled aig 'n some 'basco sawse.
Popeye's Bizkits; Life-shortenin' goodness!

LF

C&CDean
3/1/2009, 10:04 AM
one of the best meals i've ever had (that wasn't on the island of Ithaka in Greece or in Spain on the Costa Brava or made by my main man #1 the late Carlo Lima, my first real chef i worked for) was on a lay-over at the Durham, NC airport Popeyes.

You must have been damned hungry.

I've had several of those "best meals in my life" and sometimes they were just a bologna sammich or 5, or a PB&J. When you're starving, that next meal is always the "best ever." Or whatever you eat after some bongs.

I kinda like Chicken Express. Don't know if they're everywhere, but they're alright. Popeyes is OK too, but when you usually eat 4-5 pieces + red beans & rice it costs damn near $20 for lunch.

Hot Rod
3/1/2009, 09:03 PM
The semi-Eengleesh esspikkin female on the horn

Found the problem! :D

AggieTool
3/1/2009, 09:08 PM
A lady pal and I stopped at a Church's in Boerne TX, read the drive-thru menu and ordered the 20-piece family order. The posted price was 28.99 and came with four large sides (We opted for fries, jalapeno poppers, slaw, and biscuits.)
The semi-Eengleesh esspikkin female on the horn then asked if we wanted "mixed" or all dark. Of course I said "mixed".
That little change resulted in the price for the order going up by OVER FOURTEEN freaking dollars!
Of the dark pieces, six were drumsticks and ONE was a thigh. Some deal for another fourteen bux, eh?
That, gentle readers, is why I remain loyal to Popeye's (Spicy, o'course.)
I plan to call the toll-free number tomorrow and politely question their concept of value for the price.
Will report.

LF

Obviously an Obama plan to exterminate the white man by feeding him the less healthy parts of the bird.:rolleyes:

:D

AggieTool
3/1/2009, 09:11 PM
Found the problem! :D

He's talking about the complex tiered pricing structure.

One would have to be proficient in business and math to come up with it.

...so think again.;)

walkoffsooner
3/1/2009, 11:25 PM
Chicken express in Mustang pretty good

def_lazer_fc
3/2/2009, 01:54 AM
It was so long ago, I don't remember what made me look at it. Maybe it flipped upside down.

it was probably the jesus fish and its holy powers that made you look at it. it was a calling

tommieharris91
3/2/2009, 02:06 AM
Gotta have some seasoned salt with your chicken express. That stuff makes the entire meal worth it.

sitzpinkler
3/2/2009, 01:50 PM
The fact that you would actually return to a Church's after having eaten there once is a knock against you.

texas bandman
3/2/2009, 03:19 PM
And now Church's is advertising their fish. Just what I'd do, go to a bad chicken place for fish. :confused:

Penguin
3/2/2009, 06:56 PM
I haven't ate at a Church's Chicken in about 8 years when I found that someone drew a "Jesus fish" on the bottom of my biscuit.

On second thought, you should have put that puppy on ebay. Nothing says Easter like a $100,000 Jesus-fish biscuit.

LoyalFan
3/3/2009, 01:57 AM
UPDATE!

I spoke with the regional manager for Church's this morning. He agreed that 14 smackeroos was wayyyyy over the top and told me he'd contact the franchisee. Note that franchise stores, as opposed to company stores, can set their own prices.
Not long thereafter I received a call from the franchisee, a nice lady (I'd mention that she has nice ta-tas but I've never seen them. Her voice and manner of speaking, however, made me imagine that she, indeed, has nice ta-tas.)
She informed me that I WAS overcharged and insisted on obtaining my home addy so that she can come here and show me her ta....Oops!...send me a refund amounting to a whopping five bux. Well, I told her that was unnecessary so long as I would be allowed to fondle her personal white meat but she said the charge for that particular upgrade was pretty high and so I settled for the five bux and her detailed description, in a husky bedroom whisper, of her ta-tas.
Disclaimer: The call and the bux are factual. The rest, well...musta been the sixth Maker's Mark at the Fox and/or Hound.

Happy ending! Case closed!

Crucifax Autumn
3/3/2009, 03:25 AM
http://www.darwinfish.com//catalog/images/Darwin%20Small.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
3/3/2009, 03:26 AM
mmmmm...ta-tas!

Boomer.....
3/3/2009, 08:29 AM
So, you did all that for 5 bucks?

LoyalFan
3/4/2009, 06:44 AM
So, you did all that for 5 bucks?

No. I did it to recover the overcharge for my date, who insisted it was her turn to buy. She gets the bux.
Further, I did it so that such errors don't occur at that store again and THAT benefits the owner, employees, and customers.
The regional mgr AND the franchisee were both grateful for the info.

L6

AggieTool
3/4/2009, 08:46 AM
UPDATE!

I spoke with the regional manager for Church's this morning. He agreed that 14 smackeroos was wayyyyy over the top and told me he'd contact the franchisee. Note that franchise stores, as opposed to company stores, can set their own prices.
Not long thereafter I received a call from the franchisee, a nice lady (I'd mention that she has nice ta-tas but I've never seen them. Her voice and manner of speaking, however, made me imagine that she, indeed, has nice ta-tas.)
She informed me that I WAS overcharged and insisted on obtaining my home addy so that she can come here and show me her ta....Oops!...send me a refund amounting to a whopping five bux. Well, I told her that was unnecessary so long as I would be allowed to fondle her personal white meat but she said the charge for that particular upgrade was pretty high and so I settled for the five bux and her detailed description, in a husky bedroom whisper, of her ta-tas.
Disclaimer: The call and the bux are factual. The rest, well...musta been the sixth Maker's Mark at the Fox and/or Hound.

Happy ending! Case closed!

Are "ta-tas" a side that comes WITH the family meal, or do you have to order separate?:confused:

Hot Rod
3/4/2009, 09:01 AM
Are "ta-tas" a side that comes WITH the family meal, or do you have to order separate?:confused:

They're in the bucket....chicken "breasts". ;)

texas bandman
3/4/2009, 01:13 PM
They're in the bucket....chicken "breasts". ;)

Heh, you said breasts...Heh, heh..