PDA

View Full Version : citi down 36% in pre trading

85Sooner
2/27/2009, 08:50 AM
going to give gov 1/3 control. Looks like it could be an interesting day.

bluedogok
2/27/2009, 02:37 PM
I thought it rather humorous that the news stories a week or so ago said that Citi was having trouble selling off their "bad assets" and that the only interest they were getting was on the profitable ones....wow, color me shocked. I guess they pedaled bad crap for so long they believed that it was good and they could still continue to find suckers out there to buy it. Talk about living in their own little world of delusion.

Scott D
2/27/2009, 03:14 PM
Citi is the perfect example that businesses and institutions becoming too big to fail show why it's a bad thing for there to be any sort of monopoly or mini monopoly.

jkjsooner
2/27/2009, 04:30 PM
Citi is the perfect example that businesses and institutions becoming too big to fail show why it's a bad thing for there to be any sort of monopoly or mini monopoly.

Very true. And, by the way, both Paulson and Volcker (the guy who ended the '70s stagflation) have come out recently stating that these "too big to fail" entities must be more heavily regulated.

Blame CRA all you want but our govt seriously dropped the ball on regulating our financial institutions and even the Wall Street guys are now admitting it - which is amazing.