PDA

View Full Version : Westboro Freaks in OKC/Moore on Monday

Rhino
2/26/2009, 12:57 PM
12:45pm - State Capital
2:45pm - Moore High School

Moore prepares for protest (http://www.newsok.com/moore-prepares-for-protest/article/3348713)
BY JESSE OLIVAREZ

MOORE — Moore High School students will be released early Monday because of a planned protest by members of a controversial church group.

The students will be dismissed at 2:25 p.m., about 20 minutes before the protest is expected to begin. Principal Mike Coyle explained the decision in a letter to parents.

"We will dismiss early so as not to subject anyone to inflammatory speech,” Coyle said.

Westboro Baptist Church, based in Topeka, Kan., plans a protest at Main Street and N Eastern Avenue, across from the school’s parking lot. Members of the church have protested at the state Capitol and at military funerals across the state.

Moore Superintendent Debbie Arato said security will be tight at the school the day of the protest, but school business will go on. Evening activities will continue as scheduled.

Arato said the district is working with Moore police and the Cleveland County sheriff’s department to ensure that students and teachers are safe.

District officials discouraged students from having contact with the protesters, but a group of students plans a counter-protest, Arato said.

No one from the church has contacted the school district, and it is not known why the group chose to stage the protest, Arato said.

District officials learned of the protest when the group applied for a protest permit at City Hall.

sooner_born_1960
2/26/2009, 01:03 PM
Hey vet, I'll meet you there if you want to heckle the freaks.

Rhino
2/26/2009, 01:14 PM
"Explanations" of the two pickets:

Oklahoma City Statehouse - Keep the fags outta there! 2300 N. Lincoln They had the fag preacher conduct the prayer, and the only thing these so called "religious" types are mad about is that they do NOT want it in the record. Not that he's a fag, but they don't want it in the record. Not that the fag calls himself a "preacher", they just don't want it in the record. Well TOO BAD! God has already put it in the record and you are ALL to blame. We will picket you hypocrites and we continue to THANK GOD for the tornadoes that keep kicking Oklahoma's back side. Furthermore, you get the fag preacher and you get the tornadoes because you worship false gods (flags) and false idols (dead soldiers). Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand) Mark 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,)then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains: That means you had better RUN from that cursed place. AMEN!
Moore High School - Toby Keith Ave? WTH?! 300 N. Eastern Ave We will picket your really large High School because you southern(ish) hypocrites keep lying to the children. So, here's what we need to tell them: "We have a message, from your Maker High school students - we're here to deliver God has cursed you, with your parents' lies Now God is rejecting your filthy raging lies Violent brats, God hates you These plain words, we're here to tell Fornication - makes God angry Simple sluts - will go to hell God has cursed you - hating teachers Sin-enabling-children-raping preachers No more jobs - the economy has crashed Nothing left but misery - all your hopes are dashed Raging punks, God hates you These plain words, we're here to tell Your 'friends' hate you - makes you angry 'O.M.G.!' - you'll scream in hell You're cursed of God, and your rants and rage won't stop us From telling you that God is your enemy And even as you search for jobs you soon will wish you'd long repented - Yesterday - We-ll just say - Raging punks, God hates you These plain words, we're here to tell Your 'friends' hate you - makes you angry 'O.M.G.!' - you'll scream in hell" AMEN!

Rhino
2/26/2009, 01:17 PM
Toby Keith Ave? WTH?! Touché, Westboro. Touché.

olevetonahill
2/26/2009, 01:18 PM
Hey vet, I'll meet you there if you want to heckle the freaks.

Come Pick me up .;)

sooner_born_1960
2/26/2009, 01:20 PM
I was thinking of skipping a couple hours of work, not all day.

yermom
2/26/2009, 01:43 PM
i wish they would have protested my school. that would have been awesome

and wow. i mean it's not like they weren't crazy before, but what kind of crazy are we dealing with? incoherent ranting on what? i don't get it.

anyway, someone should Rickroll them again or something. some sweet farks of Fred Phelps making out with dudes blown up on signs would be pretty awesome

olevetonahill
2/26/2009, 01:46 PM
I was thinking of skipping a couple hours of work, not all day.

Well Hell :D

sooner_born_1960
2/26/2009, 01:51 PM
Then you'd probably want me to take you back home, too.

olevetonahill
2/26/2009, 01:56 PM
Then you'd probably want me to take you back home, too.

Well DUH :D

StoopTroup
2/26/2009, 02:17 PM
Well DUH :D

Sounds like a nice road trip. :D

http://rpjl.net/OldSlides/DonkeyCart69.jpg

1890MilesToNorman
2/26/2009, 02:26 PM
nice pony!

olevetonahill
2/26/2009, 04:08 PM
nice pony!

That aint a Pony , Thats Fred phelps.
Pay tention

1890MilesToNorman
2/26/2009, 04:16 PM
Who the hell is Phred Pelts?

1890MilesToNorman
2/26/2009, 04:20 PM
Wait, wait. Is he the pasture leading the donkey around by the nose making a jackass out of himself and the rest of his conflagration?

olevetonahill
2/26/2009, 04:41 PM
Wait, wait. Is he the pasture leading the donkey around by the nose making a jackass out of himself and the rest of his conflagration?

Dat be him
:D

C&CDean
2/26/2009, 05:02 PM
You know what's really unfortunate about all this?

Dildonic simpletons like Johnny Mack and soonerscuba see these anal leakage swilling losers and say "see, this is religion.....all you christians are the same."

Their ranting looks like some 16 year old's blog. I used to be concerned about them, but now I just can't take them seriously.

Scott D
2/26/2009, 05:07 PM
you know, Preacher Dan would have just stuck with calling the Moore High School officials "Entertainment Idolators!"

Taxman71
2/27/2009, 02:27 PM
I don't think the bikers even try to drown them out anymore. The more they are ignored, they sooner they skip town.

Frozen Sooner
2/27/2009, 02:34 PM
You know what's really unfortunate about all this?

Dildonic simpletons like Johnny Mack and soonerscuba see these anal leakage swilling losers and say "see, this is religion.....all you christians are the same."

Their ranting looks like some 16 year old's blog. I used to be concerned about them, but now I just can't take them seriously.

Yeah, I don't know ANYONE else around here who makes generalizations about entire groups based on extreme examples.