PDA

View Full Version : For Lent, I am giving up posting on SF.com

TUSooner
2/25/2009, 12:07 PM
Seriously. No, it's NOT some Helander noisy exit; I plan to renew my "cheap cardboard" sponsorship. And it's got nothing to with anyone else's posts. It's about MY posts. It's like a vow of silence, a long overdue effort to think more and speak (and type) less.
While endlessly and vainly trying to be clever, I have needlessly insulted people I don't really know, and I have offended some folks that I do know and respect. I have lost my temper over jests and trifles. Plus, I've just generally let loose a flood of useless and unhelpful words. (Amusing blather has its place in human fellowship, but not for me for the next few weeks.) I'll still reply to PEEM's and such, if I see them, but until Easter I say only, "pax et bonum."

yermom
2/25/2009, 12:12 PM
well, bye

King Crimson
2/25/2009, 12:20 PM
While endlessly and vainly trying to be clever, I have needlessly insulted people I don't really know, and I have offended some folks that I do know and respect. I have lost my temper over jests and trifles. Plus, I've just generally let loose a flood of useless and unhelpful words. (Amusing blather has its place in human fellowship, but not for me for the next few weeks.)

i thought that's what we were SUPPOSED to do?

anyway, you seem like a good guy TU and I respect a guy with principles and commitment to what he believes. good on ya and see around.

colleyvillesooner
2/25/2009, 12:25 PM
So, you'll just be in the hot tub?

King Crimson
2/25/2009, 12:27 PM
So, you'll just be in the hot tub?

that, and i guess he'll miss the "TUSooner Free Money and Horny Super-Models Week" we had planned the 2nd week in March.

yermom
2/25/2009, 12:44 PM
i wasn't gonna mention that :D

texas bandman
2/25/2009, 01:07 PM
Wasn't this supposed to be posted yesterday? Or have you not been smeared w/ ashes? ;)

My thought exactly. It is Ash Wednesday, even though most of us don't get smeared with ash until tonight Lent has begun. Maybe God won't notice. :D

C&CDean
2/25/2009, 02:03 PM
You catholics are a strange lot.

OU4LIFE
2/25/2009, 02:06 PM
well, bye

you're no daisy.

bri
2/25/2009, 03:19 PM
This works out nicely, 'cause I'm giving up reading TUSooner's posts for Lent. :D

badger
2/25/2009, 03:27 PM
I guess I gave up soda a week early, eh? For me, my Ash Wednesday was last Wednesday. The headaches have been atrocious from my lack of caffeine, but I hope it will be better health-wise in the long run.

Good luck!

texas bandman
2/25/2009, 03:30 PM
You catholics are a strange lot.

I'm Methodist, but we're strange also.

C&CDean
2/25/2009, 03:33 PM
Methodists don't do the Kingsford to the forehead dealio do they?

TMcGee86
2/25/2009, 03:40 PM
I guess I gave up soda a week early, eh? For me, my Ash Wednesday was last Wednesday. The headaches have been atrocious from my lack of caffeine, but I hope it will be better health-wise in the long run.

Good luck!

That was mine too. And my head is freaking killing me right now. And I can hardly keep my eyes open.

And just to make things harder, our side of the buliding is without power this week and it's cloudy outside so it's like a cave in my office.

I'm about to pull a george and just take a nap under my desk.

Looks like i picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

badger
2/25/2009, 03:42 PM
I'm Lutheran, and nothing we do seems strange to me :)

NormanPride
2/25/2009, 03:48 PM
I'm a Methodist, and the first time I set foot in your church it was like taking part in a tribal ritual to me. NTTAWWT, of course. I love it there now, and had a blast then. It was just so bizarre I had no idea what was going on. :D

I will say, it did give me a chance to practice my music sight reading skills.

Scott D
2/25/2009, 05:11 PM
now if only we could get rushy clone to give up politics for 40 days, this would be a place worth visiting regularly.

Okla-homey
2/25/2009, 06:17 PM
pffft. I know what's really going on...

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2955/lent13.jpg