PDA

View Full Version : Blake to play vs TTU?

Knippz
2/25/2009, 11:30 AM
Has anyone heard any news as to his status for Saturday's game? I've had this date set since December, and will be attending. I may cry if I don't get to see Blake dunk over 7 guys.

IronHorseSooner
2/25/2009, 12:21 PM
If he does, it might be a limited minutes scenario. Even withour Blake, the other guys could name the score on TECH. Mizzou is where we need Blake, even though they play small-ball, they have no match-up for him.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/25/2009, 01:42 PM
Has anyone heard any news as to his status for Saturday's game? I've had this date set since December, and will be attending. I may cry if I don't get to see Blake dunk over 7 guys.

Yesterday his dad said he wasn't that close to being ready. Of course that was Tuesday. At the same time what I have read said he was steasily improving. I would think 3 days from now odds are pretty good, though we should be able to take it to TT even without him.

engineer24
2/25/2009, 01:44 PM
Uhh we need Blake guys. The TTU game is on the road, isnt it? I dont care how bad they are, road wins are tough to get, especially with the raucous (scumbag) crowd that Tech always has for home games.

engineer24
2/25/2009, 02:04 PM
Let me also state something else guys that you are not gonna like. I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and I've seen a lot of concussion injuries.

If blake is still woozy 3-4 days later, then I think that bodes very bad news for us. Its only a matter of time before he takes aother shot on the head because he's our banger down low and he's going to get double/triple teamed and go up hard against big guys who will foul him aggressively if they need to.

I hate to say this, but I predict that blake will play again vs Tech or Mizzou and will get ANOTHER concussion which will sideline him for another several games or so. The fact that he's still having headaches and dizziness this far out tells me that any kind of contact to his head at all will cause a repeat concussion and could sideline him for the rest of the year.

primetime43
2/25/2009, 02:14 PM
Let me also state something else guys that you are not gonna like. I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and I've seen a lot of concussion injuries.

If blake is still woozy 3-4 days later, then I think that bodes very bad news for us. Its only a matter of time before he takes aother shot on the head because he's our banger down low and he's going to get double/triple teamed and go up hard against big guys who will foul him aggressively if they need to.

I hate to say this, but I predict that blake will play again vs Tech or Mizzou and will get ANOTHER concussion which will sideline him for another several games or so. The fact that he's still having headaches and dizziness this far out tells me that any kind of contact to his head at all will cause a repeat concussion and could sideline him for the rest of the year.

Thanks for the buzz kill!

sooner2b09
2/25/2009, 02:42 PM

Thanks for the input ENGINEER (your an engineer not a doctor, I know you said that too.) :D

I think Blake is in very good hands with Alex Brown, he won't let Blake play until thinks he is ready. Which hopefully is the Mizzou game

SoonerStud615
2/25/2009, 04:00 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the team doctors will make a smarter decision than engineer24, and thus will not put him in harm. Thats is their job and all.

badger
2/25/2009, 04:16 PM
:D has Pat Knight gotten himself suspended yet for this game due to official critique?
Terminator (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-random16-2009feb16,0,4467762.story).

badger
2/25/2009, 04:18 PM
As long as we're on the TTU subject, it is clear that the apple has not fallen far from the tree:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mR9_yi6FHxY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mR9_yi6FHxY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/78r7lp3pEuE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/78r7lp3pEuE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"I don't care right now what the Big 12 thinks... They tell us to send tapes in and that obviously doesn't work. Call (someone in the league office) and talk to them ... it's just tough. I don't care about me, it's my kids. My kids bust their butt and they have enough of a time playing against A&M let alone have somebody else they have to play against. I just think it's a shame. Take nothing away from A&M, but we play at home and they get 50 free throws and I have, shoot, four guys that foul out. It's just not right."

tommieharris91
2/25/2009, 04:19 PM
Uhh we need Blake guys. The TTU game is on the road, isnt it? I dont care how bad they are, road wins are tough to get, especially with the raucous (scumbag) crowd that Tech always has for home games.

Why do you hate empty seats so much?

IronHorseSooner
2/25/2009, 04:27 PM
If we can't beat Tech even without Blake, no matter if it is being played on the moon, we don't deserve a high NCAA seed. They are a BAD team. I think that they are worse than ISU or CU. Again, he might dress for the game, just as a psychological factor against them, but he won't play. But, we do need him after that. We could probably beat the Pokes without him, as well, but we need to beat Mizzou. Let's hope the big guy is ready.

Knippz
2/25/2009, 05:46 PM
Well listen for and look for the few OU fans at the game. I'm sure we'll be pretty loud in the empty stands. It is once again great to be an OU fan in Tech country. :D

Soonerus
2/25/2009, 10:34 PM
Blake cleared to play !!!

sooner518
2/25/2009, 11:16 PM
Blake cleared to play !!!

linky?

JLEW1818
2/25/2009, 11:24 PM
Don't play him, we should be able to handle tech without him. should

Soonerus
2/25/2009, 11:45 PM
cleared...

Sooner98
2/26/2009, 12:05 AM
Apparently, someone named "BigTime" on another board got the scoop that he will be cleared to play Saturday. Sounds like a pretty credible source, being an administrator on that board and all, but take it for what it's worth.....

http://ouhoops.com/showthread.php?t=4337

sooner2b09
2/26/2009, 08:37 AM
Apparently, someone named "BigTime" on another board got the scoop that he will be cleared to play Saturday. Sounds like a pretty credible source, being an administrator on that board and all, but take it for what it's worth.....

http://ouhoops.com/showthread.php?t=4337

I am over on that board too and he is very credible. This is great news

badger
2/26/2009, 09:12 AM
Tech is in a sorry state as-is. They were probably hoping for some type of break, given circumstances this year as illustrated in the videos above (yes, those incidents are ALL from this season, tee hee).

No student support, Coach Knight's Son scampers over to the officials because he doesn't like them, then has a hissy fit in a postgame presser to get suspended.

Oh, and they have a losing record this year too, right? :D

The news of Blake Griffin returning to get his post-Texas AND post-Kansas aggression and revenge out on them can't be too uplifting.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/26/2009, 10:10 AM
If he is cleared turn him loose. I know we should beat TT even if he didn't play but TT did nearly win in Austin last night. No point in showing any quarter if we don't have to. I seriously doubt the trainers would hurry him back.

Maybe we pick up Ty Domi to watch Blakes back but otherwise lets not let TT stay in the game.

IronHorseSooner
2/26/2009, 04:15 PM
The only concern about TTECH is that their bigs, if you call them that, are thugs. Couple that with Blake schooling them last meeting, and they might try something thuggish. That's why we use him only as needed. Mizzou and OSU play small-ball, and Blake can exploit that. Plus, Mizzou hasn't seen a big who can handle it like Blake and break a press like he can. If we break Mizzou's press, we might have a highlight-reel dunkfest with Blake, Taylor, Willie, Crock, and the Chupacabra.

Crimsontothecore
2/26/2009, 04:27 PM
Not to question the credibility of "BigTime" on that other board, but the Tulsa World website just posted an update at 3:05pm stating Blake is still questionable for Saturday.

Boomer.....
2/26/2009, 04:41 PM
Murdock just came on the Animal after leaving OU's practice. Capel told him that he is still questionable and has been having headaches and been throwing up everyday since the concussion. Some sort of an announcement will be made tomorrow.

Crimsontothecore
2/26/2009, 05:13 PM
Murdock just came on the Animal after leaving OU's practice. Capel told him that he is still questionable and has been having headaches and been throwing up everyday since the concussion. Some sort of an announcement will be made tomorrow.

Sounds like Bigtime ain't so big after all:rolleyes:

Boomer.....
2/26/2009, 05:52 PM
Also, might be playing without Patillo. Possible one game suspension for missing class. Hope it's not true though.

picasso
2/26/2009, 06:16 PM
Sounds like Bigtime ain't so big after all:rolleyes:

KC//CRIMSON
2/26/2009, 06:29 PM
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) - Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel says All-American Blake Griffin is still recovering from a concussion and it's not clear when he will be healthy enough to return to the lineup.

Capel said Thursday that Griffin, hurt in the Sooners' loss to Texas last Saturday, will not be allowed to play until he shakes the nausea and headaches that he's been having. Oklahoma lost to No. 15 Kansas on Tuesday.

The sophomore is Oklahoma's leading scorer and rebounder. He averages 22 points and 13.8 rebounds per game and leads the country with 22 double-doubles.

tommieharris91
2/26/2009, 06:37 PM
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-sooners-still-uncertain-of-blake-griffins-status-for-saturday/article/3348820?custom_click=lead_story_title

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2009, 07:45 PM
Aaand now Patillo is out for sure. The hits keep coming.

tommieharris91
2/26/2009, 07:56 PM
http://newsok.com/ous-juan-pattillo-suspended/article/3348893?custom_click=headlines_widget

soonerfan28
2/27/2009, 12:35 PM
I think he'll play against Tech, but if he doesn't then I don't think we should give Tech any notice on that info. It helped Kansas gameplan at the last minute.

KC//CRIMSON
2/27/2009, 02:27 PM
cleared...

And as per usual, Rus poops the bed, again.

tommieharris91
2/27/2009, 02:34 PM

Not so much. Blake is practicing, but it's still uncertain whether he will play or not against Tech.

The Warren rumor is false, btw.

sooner2b09
2/27/2009, 02:46 PM

Murdock came back on and said he was wrong and misquoted Jeff.

FWIW

KC//CRIMSON
2/27/2009, 03:36 PM
Not so much. Blake is practicing, but it's still uncertain whether he will play or not against Tech.

The Warren rumor is false, btw.

He said "cleared." Still being nauseous and vomiting is not "cleared."

So yeah, so much.

bri
2/27/2009, 04:30 PM
Well....he's cleared....his lunch...

...boorish....

tommieharris91
2/27/2009, 04:39 PM
He said "cleared." Still being nauseous and vomiting is not "cleared."

So yeah, so much.

Murdock came back on and said he was wrong and misquoted Jeff.

FWIW
No so much.

KC//CRIMSON
2/27/2009, 04:44 PM
No so much.

When he's "cleared" to play you let us know, coach.

richsooner
2/27/2009, 04:51 PM
He should hang up his college jersey and go get his $25 million, if he can find anyone willing to take the risk.....................

tommieharris91
2/27/2009, 04:53 PM
So.. in this thread... we have... "..." and............................................... .................................................. ....................... Yay... .................................................. .......

KC//CRIMSON
2/27/2009, 04:55 PM
He should hang up his college jersey and go get his $25 million, if he can find anyone willing to take the risk.....................

Go back to sleep, slapnuts.

KC//CRIMSON
2/27/2009, 06:07 PM
So.. in this thread... we have... "..." and............................................... .................................................. ....................... Yay... .................................................. .......

See? Now he has been cleared to play.

tommieharris91
2/27/2009, 06:08 PM
See? Now he has been cleared to play.

http://newsok.com/blake-griffin-to-play-for-sooners-on-saturday/article/3349209?custom_click=headlines_widget

:D :P

IronHorseSooner
2/27/2009, 08:12 PM
...and that pucker sound you hear is coming from Lubbock, Columbia, and Stoolwater!

Soonerus
2/27/2009, 09:33 PM

No apology necessary, insiders had the information yesterday...

KC//CRIMSON
2/27/2009, 11:11 PM
No apology necessary, insiders had the information yesterday...

You both *hit the bed, because he got cleared a few hours ago.

Yep, no apologies necessary.

Soonerus
2/27/2009, 11:29 PM

Like I said this was pretty well known yesterday, I'll try to keep you posted on the inside information since you are clearly "out of the loop"...

tommieharris91
2/27/2009, 11:59 PM

He practiced each day since Tuesday. Murdoch misquoted Capel earlier this week when he said Blake Griffin was still vomiting and dizzy.

KC//CRIMSON
2/28/2009, 01:38 AM
Are you both doing meth? Rus posted on Wednesday that Griffin was clear to play at TT.

When he wasn't cleared to play until today.

The thread title isn't Blake to order Dominos! or Blake to watch Entourage! or Blake to rain in treys at practice! it's Blake to play vs TT!!!

And to anyone who is dumb enough to pay for supposed insider information/mostly rumors over on insiders deserves to have their money taken from them.