PDA

View Full Version : Dillweed alert

Okla-homey
2/25/2009, 06:40 AM
I hope this guy goes to Leavenworth just like the morons who refused to deploy to Iraq allegedly because they hated W should have.

Soldier doubts eligibility, defies president's orders

'As an officer, my sworn oath to support and defend our Constitution requires this'

Posted: February 23, 2009
9:35 pm Eastern, By Bob Unruh
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

A U.S. soldier on active duty in Iraq has called President Obama an "impostor" in a statement in which he affirmed plans to join as plaintiff in a challenge to Obama's eligibility to be commander in chief.

The statement was publicized by California attorney Orly Taitz who, along with her Defend Our Freedom Foundation, is working on a series of legal cases seeking to uncover Obama's birth records and other documents that would reveal whether he meets the requirements of the U.S. Constitution.

"As an active-duty officer in the United States Army, I have grave concerns about the constitutional eligibility of Barack Hussein Obama to hold the office of president of the United States," wrote Scott Easterling in a "to-whom-it-may-concern" letter.

Obama "has absolutely refused to provide to the American public his original birth certificate, as well as other documents which may prove or disprove his eligibility," Easterling wrote. "In fact, he has fought every attempt made by concerned citizens in their effort to force him to do so."

Taitz told WND she had advised Easterling to obtain legal counsel before making any statements regarding the commander-in-chief, but he insisted on moving forward. His contention is that as an active member of the U.S. military, he is required to follow orders from a sitting president, and he needs – on pain of court-martial – to know that Obama is eligible.

olevetonahill
2/25/2009, 06:58 AM
Homester .
Best I can unnerstan . is the dude Is over there, aint refusin to fight . Just wanting to join in a Lawsuit .
Im :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0

Harry Beanbag
2/25/2009, 07:52 AM
Homester .
Best I can unnerstan . is the dude Is over there, aint refusin to fight . Just wanting to join in a Lawsuit .
Im :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0

You can't do crap like that on active duty, UCMJ regs.

yermom
2/25/2009, 12:42 PM
moron.

they should remove that law anyway. maybe that would end this crap

SicEmBaylor
2/25/2009, 01:21 PM
moron.

Which law? The law that says you have to be a native-born citizen? It's more than a law -- it's a constitutional requirement. I've said so before, but I'm definitely not in favor of monkeying around with the Constitution. The idea of allowing foreign-born citizens to be President is downright scary.

Having said all that, the evidence seems pretty conclusive that Obama is a native-born citizen and thus has every right to be Commander-in-Chief.

Pricetag
2/25/2009, 01:43 PM
http://typo.graphr.net/images/owl-orly.jpg
Do you think that's the attorney's given name?

C&CDean
2/25/2009, 03:27 PM
moron.

Would he be a moron if he was bitching about W?

And removing "that law" would be a really ****ed up thing to do.

texas bandman
2/25/2009, 03:27 PM
Olevet.
Here's the section that pertains to that in the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

888. ART. 88. CONTEMPT TOWARD OFFICIALS

Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

olevetonahill
2/25/2009, 04:04 PM
I stand corrected. :O :P

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2009, 04:10 PM
Would he be a moron if he was bitching about W?

And removing "that law" would be a really ****ed up thing to do.

Yes, if he was filing a lawsuit claiming that W. was not eligible to hold office based on not being a natural-born citizen he would be a moron. Just as he's a moron for filing a lawsuit claiming that Barack Obama is not a natural-born citizen.

yermom
2/25/2009, 04:20 PM
Which law? The law that says you have to be a native-born citizen? It's more than a law -- it's a constitutional requirement. I've said so before, but I'm definitely not in favor of monkeying around with the Constitution. The idea of allowing foreign-born citizens to be President is downright scary.

Having said all that, the evidence seems pretty conclusive that Obama is a native-born citizen and thus has every right to be Commander-in-Chief.

law, Constitutional requirement, whatever

i want to see Ahnold in 2016

he's just as American as any of us

Scott D
2/25/2009, 05:17 PM
yermom, this is reality not the Simpsons.

JohnnyMack
2/25/2009, 05:31 PM
D'oh?

Okla-homey
2/25/2009, 05:33 PM
Olevet.
Here's the section that pertains to that in the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

888. ART. 88. CONTEMPT TOWARD OFFICIALS

Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

I think they need to fix that Article. The Secretary of Transportation is in there because he owned the Coast Guard when it was drafted. I think now however, the Coasties have been realigned under the Department of Homeland Security. I could be wrong. But if I'm right, Coasties may call their Secretary a doosh and get away with it.:D

SicEmBaylor
2/25/2009, 05:35 PM
I think they need to fix that Article. The Secretary of Transportation is in there because he owned the Coast Guard when it was drafted. I think now however, the Coasties have been realigned under the Department of Homeland Security. I could be wrong. But if I'm right, Coasties may call their Secretary a doosh and get away with it.:D

They're under Homeland Security except in war time and then they're passed on to the DOD.

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2009, 05:40 PM
I'm still utterly amazed that a pro-choice immigrant Kennedy runs as a Republican.

Okla-homey
2/25/2009, 05:45 PM
They're under Homeland Security except in war time and then they're passed on to the DOD.

Of course, but when was the last declared war? Hint: That would be WWII.

SicEmBaylor
2/25/2009, 06:18 PM
Of course, but when was the last declared war?
It doesn't have to be a declared war. It's actually at the discretion of the President and what he considers a major enough war to transfer authority from DHS to DOD. I assume it wouldn't happen unless our actual coasts were in danger, but I really have no idea.

SicEmBaylor
2/25/2009, 06:20 PM
I'm still utterly amazed that a pro-choice immigrant Kennedy runs as a Republican.

A Kennedy by marriage. Evidently, they'll let any sort into the family these days.

sooner_born_1960
2/25/2009, 07:39 PM
I wonder if what he said, as quoted, rises to the level of contempt.
Do grave concerns equal contempt for the President?

TheHumanAlphabet
2/26/2009, 01:28 AM
It doesn't have to be a declared war. It's actually at the discretion of the President and what he considers a major enough war to transfer authority from DHS to DOD. I assume it wouldn't happen unless our actual coasts were in danger, but I really have no idea.

Could be any time. Usually in a declared war, but I believe at the order of the pres. THen they fall under the Department of the Navy.

I think the Coasties at one time were looking for a more military role. When I was emplyed at the Coastie R&D Center, we had to deal with a stability issue caused by a Phalanx gatlin gun system being installed on a 378 cutter and weighing the bow down far into the water and messing with the trim. Funny sight that was!

StoopTroup
2/26/2009, 10:01 AM
Folks are pretty hard on the Kennedy's.

What is amazing is that two of them were murdered/assassinated because someone thought they were upsetting the system when the system was designed to be that way.

What's amazing is that the Kennedys...any of them....continue to have a hand in politics at all. Why not give it all up and just support other people that have your own values?

I may not agree with Teddy's political views...but it does amaze me that he has continued in politics and supported other Family members to do the same. I hope we never see another attempt on one of our Presidents. Osama Bin Laden took a shot at W. What might have happened to our Country had he been successful in his ill-gotten attempt? I know W wasn't near the Whitehouse but just the idea that someone would have even come that close in the attempt has to leave you concerned that there are still folks out there who would do such a despicable act to our President. Freedom rings strong in our Country. The Red, White and Blue in our Flag means something...I'll continue to instill these values in my children...no matter who is our President.

Oldnslo
2/26/2009, 03:15 PM
Folks are pretty hard on the Kennedy's.

What is amazing is that two of them were murdered/assassinated because someone thought they were upsetting the system when the system was designed to be that way.

What's amazing is that the Kennedys...any of them....continue to have a hand in politics at all. Why not give it all up and just support other people that have your own values?

I may not agree with Teddy's political views...but it does amaze me that he has continued in politics and supported other Family members to do the same. I hope we never see another attempt on one of our Presidents. Osama Bin Laden took a shot at W. What might have happened to our Country had he been successful in his ill-gotten attempt? I know W wasn't near the Whitehouse but just the idea that someone would have even come that close in the attempt has to leave you concerned that there are still folks out there who would do such a despicable act to our President. Freedom rings strong in our Country. The Red, White and Blue in our Flag means something...I'll continue to instill these values in my children...no matter who is our President.

If OBL had been successful... Cheney would have been president. If, God forbid, BHO does not survive his term then Biden will be president.

I've got to tell you, the thought of either of these second-bananas becoming the top dog scares me.

I truly hope that with all the time our president is spending on the economy he is not ignoring the threats still posed by terrorist groups.

olevetonahill
2/26/2009, 03:40 PM
I agree with Oldnslo
But I think Iraq is fixin to go into a tailspin .:eek: