PDA

View Full Version : Very, Very Sad news today

tulsaoilerfan
2/24/2009, 11:23 PM
One of my best friend's lost his son today to an apparent suicide; the kid was 18 and a Sr here in Henryetta, and his dad and i have been really good friends since Jr High; this is totally uncharted territory for me as i've never dealt with anything even close to this and it's very upsetting to me even though i really didn't know the kid that well; please keep the Sutton family in your prayers and thoughts tonight and over the coming weeks.

To make it even worse, this was my friend's only child

OUAlumni1990
2/24/2009, 11:27 PM
thats terrible..

will do..

GrapevineSooner
2/24/2009, 11:31 PM
I hope I never have to go through the pain, frustration, anger, etc. that your friend must be going through right now.

God be with him and his family during this tragic time.

tulsaoilerfan
2/24/2009, 11:33 PM
I hope I never have to go through the pain, frustration, anger, etc. that your friend must be going through right now.

God be with him and his family during this tragic time.

Thank u; hell i've been a wreck since i found this out about 5 pm today; i can't even begin to imagine how Brent is feeling; the bad thing is i don't have a clue what to say to him when i see him tomorrow

olevetonahill
2/24/2009, 11:46 PM
Nothing you can say , Just hug him .
Ive worried for years about how I would deal if I lost a child to death . Cant even imagine what it would be like to lose one to suicide.
Prayers out to the family and you .

GrapevineSooner
2/24/2009, 11:53 PM
What vet said.

There's no words that are going to bring the answers that Brent is looking for right now. What he and his family need are friends to simply know they care for them and hurt for them.

colleyvillesooner
2/24/2009, 11:58 PM
So sorry. I've only been a dad for 7 days, and I already can't imagine life without him.

Prayers sent for Brent and his family.

8timechamps
2/25/2009, 12:32 AM
Very bad indeed. Thoughts and prayers for the boy's faily as well as all those affected.

As a father of two, there is nothing that I worry about more than my kids. I cannot imagine life without them.

I know it's cliche, but God has a reason for everything. Have faith in that.

SOONER STEAKER
2/25/2009, 01:07 AM
My condolences to the family, the community and the HS kids at Henryetta HS. Prayers to all!!

Crucifax Autumn
2/25/2009, 02:16 AM
That's truly sad. I wish your friend the beat and send him all the positive thoughts I can muster.

OUHOMER
2/25/2009, 05:49 AM
In, Dont even know what to say. But prayers for your friend

Boomer.....
2/25/2009, 08:42 AM
How horrible. :( Prayers sent.

StoopTroup
2/25/2009, 10:05 AM
TOF...

My deepest sympathy for your friend and his Family. They will need you. Let them know you are there for them. They'll probably need some counseling but it's always better when they come to that themselves. We had a suicide in our Family years ago and it affected us all...even to this day.

May God give everyone affected the strength they need during this time of tragic loss.

ST

OUDoc
2/25/2009, 10:08 AM
So sorry to hear that.

tulsaoilerfan
2/25/2009, 11:07 PM
Just an update; funeral is Sat at 10:30; saw my buddy today and it was pretty rough; again, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as he's going through a really, really, really rough time.

John

OKC-SLC
2/26/2009, 12:12 AM
my best, TOF.

Collier11
2/26/2009, 01:13 AM
Tough deal, I will never understand suicide and how anyone can think that whatever is bothering them is just too hard. Prayers to your friend, his family, you, and the son.

Turd_Ferguson
2/26/2009, 05:41 AM
IN on the prayer's. I can't imagine going through something like that.:(

tulsaoilerfan
7/19/2009, 01:41 PM
Just needed to bump this back to the top asking for more prayers for my friend Brent
Yesterday his brother Brek Short lost his battle with cancer; we all knew Brek wouldn't be here much longer but i'm sure that doesn't make it any easier for Brent and his family; Brek was only 38 years old.

Just totally unreal how unfair life really is.

john

soonerloyal
7/19/2009, 01:46 PM
Oh, God bless. Prayers immediate and ongoing. May God hold all who love him close to His heart, and comfort them as only He can.

stoopified
7/19/2009, 01:49 PM
I lost my first cousin to suicide nine years ago.I can't imagine the pain of losing a child prayers to you and the Sutton family.

goingoneight
7/19/2009, 11:19 PM
I lost a friend and three VERY close relatives all in a three month span a few years back. The friend to suicide (OD), and g-ma, aunt nellie and cousin jimmy all to heart-related illness.

Keep your head up and stand by this guy as a friend. He'll certainly need it.

Boomer.....
7/20/2009, 07:44 AM
In. :(