PDA

View Full Version : ACORN Explained

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/24/2009, 12:08 PM
In this interview, a spokeswoman clearly explains the MO of ACORN, so our fears can be eliminated.
http://sweetness-light.com/archive/acorn-people-have-a-right-to-housing

CORNholio
2/24/2009, 02:02 PM
Wow. That chick didn't have a leg to stand on. Typical intitlement syndrome.

jkjsooner
2/24/2009, 02:53 PM
RUSH,

I dislike ACORN as much as the next guy but you're delusional if you think that ACORN had much at all to do with our current economic collapse.

The main culprits are the loose economic policies of the early part of this decade and the lack of regulatory oversight of our financial markets. Specifically, the people making the decisions had no skin in the game and those who did have skin in the game had stupid mathematical models that turned out to be utterly inadequate.

I don't think people who can't pay their mortgage should stay in their homes. They can rent just like I do. I also don't buy into the victim mentality of so many minority groups who claim they were taken advantage of considering the mortgage brokers would give ANYONE a toxic loan.

All that said, pointing the finger at ACORN is simply a way to distract from Bush's own failures.

Whet
2/24/2009, 03:35 PM
ACORN is Barry Soetoro! In addition to swindling banks out of loans, and not repaying them, they are also responsible for widespread voter fraud. This is the constituency the current administration depends for maintaining its and the Democratic congress' power.

Don't pay attention to the misdeads of ACORN, they are trying to distract you from the evil BUSH!

85Sooner
2/24/2009, 03:41 PM
RUSH,

I dislike ACORN as much as the next guy but you're delusional if you think that ACORN had much at all to do with our current economic collapse.

The main culprits are the loose economic policies of the early part of this decade and the lack of regulatory oversight of our financial markets. Specifically, the people making the decisions had no skin in the game and those who did have skin in the game had stupid mathematical models that turned out to be utterly inadequate.

I don't think people who can't pay their mortgage should stay in their homes. They can rent just like I do. I also don't buy into the victim mentality of so many minority groups who claim they were taken advantage of considering the mortgage brokers would give ANYONE a toxic loan.

All that said, pointing the finger at ACORN is simply a way to distract from Bush's own failures.

Some evidently came out of the womb in 2000. This economic mess started way before Bush was anywhere near Washington.
But ACORN is getting millions of dollars to do what their doing and this is on top of the voter irregularities they were perpetuating in 2008. That on top of their bullying is beyond tolerable.

2/24/2009, 03:43 PM
ACORN is Barry Soetoro! In addition to swindling banks out of loans, and not repaying them, they are also responsible for widespread voter fraud. This is the constituency the current administration depends for maintaining its and the Democratic congress' power.

Don't pay attention to the misdeads of ACORN, they are trying to distract you from the evil BUSH!Bush must be GOT! Where is his sorry as*, anyway. The plane to Leavenworth is awaiting him.

yermom
2/24/2009, 04:10 PM
and that's just for the war crimes ;)

sitzpinkler
2/24/2009, 04:35 PM
Wow. That chick didn't have a leg to stand on. Typical intitlement syndrome.

E

grammar nazi FTW!

TMcGee86
2/24/2009, 05:51 PM
Know why acorns never became domesticated despite their abundance and other nuts such as almonds, equally as bitter naturally as acorns, did?

Squirrels.

Srsly. Little bastards are just too damn quick at picking them up and hiding them, so it made it too costly a venture to try and harvest acorns. Early man gave up and moved on to other nuts.

http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

2/25/2009, 12:43 AM
Know why acorns never became domesticated despite their abundance and other nuts such as almonds, equally as bitter naturally as acorns, did? Squirrels.
Does that explain why people on the left have such an angry, hateful attitude toward anyone who earns a dollar more than they do, and vote in criminals who help to "even things out"?

TMcGee86
2/25/2009, 03:43 PM
Yes. Yes it does.

NormanPride
2/25/2009, 04:02 PM
I heard that acorns attract bears. The bears can smell the acorns.

jkjsooner
2/25/2009, 04:10 PM
Does that explain why people on the left have such an angry, hateful attitude toward anyone who earns a dollar more than they do, and vote in criminals who help to "even things out"?

And your attitude is not angry and hateful?

TMcGee86
2/25/2009, 04:30 PM
I heard that acorns attract bears. The bears can smell the acorns.

Well, that's just great. You hear that, Rush? Bears. Now you're putting the whole board in jeopardy.

sooner KB
2/26/2009, 03:18 AM

Don't pay attention to the misdeads of ACORN, they are trying to distract you from the evil BUSH!

ACORN has never been responsible for voter fraud. They were responsible for voter registration fraud by some of their members. There is a huge difference between voter fraud and voter registration fraud.

Some people who were employed by ACORN had the job of signing up new voters, and with the quotas, some of them filled out forms using false names such as Mickey Mouse. It is important to note that this wouldn't affect vote totals unless Mickey Mouse actually shows up to vote.

Actual instances of illegal votes being cast as a result of registration fraud, such as using false names, are actually very rare. Between 2002 and 2005, only 17 people were convicted for casting fraudulent ballots.

Sure, what some of these members did was wrong, but the fact that ACORN is turning into the right's new boogyman is hilarious. It is also interesting considering that right-wing groups that have been responsible for voter registration fraud are completely ignored, such as YPM re-registering democrats as republicans without their knowledge, telling people they had to register Republican in order to sign a petition against child molesters, and changing democrat registration forms to "absentee." Keep in mind also that YPM actually changed real people's registration, as opposed to registering fake people that aren't going to be voting anyways.

Out of all the organizations that exist, a group of community organizers that's purpose is to increase the quality of life for poor people is the evil spooky one we should all fear? This is an organization that rebuilt over 1,800 ****ing homes in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina for crying out loud. :rolleyes:

2/26/2009, 11:41 AM
ACORN has never been responsible for voter fraud. They were responsible for voter registration fraud by some of their members. There is a huge difference between voter fraud and voter registration fraud.

Some people who were employed by ACORN had the job of signing up new voters, and with the quotas, some of them filled out forms using false names such as Mickey Mouse. It is important to note that this wouldn't affect vote totals unless Mickey Mouse actually shows up to vote.

Actual instances of illegal votes being cast as a result of registration fraud, such as using false names, are actually very rare. Between 2002 and 2005, only 17 people were convicted for casting fraudulent ballots.

Sure, what some of these members did was wrong, but the fact that ACORN is turning into the right's new boogyman is hilarious. It is also interesting considering that right-wing groups that have been responsible for voter registration fraud are completely ignored, such as YPM re-registering democrats as republicans without their knowledge, telling people they had to register Republican in order to sign a petition against child molesters, and changing democrat registration forms to "absentee." Keep in mind also that YPM actually changed real people's registration, as opposed to registering fake people that aren't going to be voting anyways.

Out of all the organizations that exist, a group of community organizers that's purpose is to increase the quality of life for poor people is the evil spooky one we should all fear? This is an organization that rebuilt over 1,800 ****ing homes in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina for crying out loud. :rolleyes:Where you been hiding? Your gobbledygook is very good. Tell us all about YPM, and what roll they have in (not)restoring law and order to the mortgage/foreclosure fiasco, pls.