PDA

View Full Version : Mamas, don't let your babies grow up 2B...

Mixer!
2/24/2009, 12:38 AM
Pickens' wife: Vet school's 'barbaric' practices behind donation decision (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=19&articleid=20090223_11_0_Madele726716)

Wife of T. Boone Pickens wants OSU donation redirected (http://newsok.com/wife-of-t.-boone-pickens-wants-osu-donation-redirected/article/3347982)

:stunned:

:pop:

OU4LIFE
2/24/2009, 08:16 AM
stupid old woman.

just goes to show you no matter how much money you've got; ifuns yor stoopid, keep your mouth shut.

OU4LIFE
2/24/2009, 08:34 AM
So she's all mad that vet students practice surgery. What's the answer, no practice?

Maybe she'd look a little better if her plastic surgeon woul dhave had a little more practice.

She doesn't seem to have a problem wearing all the cosmetics that are tested on animals...and without the strict regulations that the vet colleges have to follow.

Mixer!
2/24/2009, 10:38 AM
What I want to know is: what average vet med college student has your university's greatest benefactor's wife on speed dial?

JohnnyMack
2/24/2009, 10:48 AM
Is the way that osu's vet school operates on par with every other school in the country or are they doing something different?

OU4LIFE
2/24/2009, 11:07 AM
same as most, JM. They aren't doing anything different.

SoonerJack
2/24/2009, 11:16 AM
Veterinary students should practice on stuffed animals while they are in vet school. Then they'll be totally qualified to work on your dog when they graduate.

I'm just about sick of idiots, rich or otherwise.

olevetonahill
2/24/2009, 11:21 AM
same as most, JM. They aren't doing anything different.

Ya mean they all **** sheep ?:eek:

OU4LIFE
2/24/2009, 11:42 AM
well, since my wife works there, no.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/24/2009, 11:43 AM
Veterinary students should practice on stuffed animals while they are in vet school. Then they'll be totally qualified to work on your dog when they graduate.

I'm just about sick of idiots, rich or otherwise.D'Oh!

SoonerJack
2/24/2009, 11:53 AM
You know I'm joking, RLIMC.

I just get so sick of people who don't know **** from shinola declaring "I'm taking back my donation because the cause I have supported [which is noble] must prepare for their profession by practicing on animals." Good gravy lady, of course they have to practice on animals!

I have a nephew in vet school at OSU. He started at one of those schools in the caribbean where they actually work on stuffed animals (I'm not kidding).

Why hasn't Dean weighed in on this? I can't wait to see his reply.

Mixer!
2/24/2009, 11:56 AM
n/m

Mixer!
2/24/2009, 11:57 AM
Dean's at the IHOP eating his free pancakes, don't rush him. :D

OU4LIFE
2/25/2009, 09:22 AM
You know I'm joking, RLIMC.

I just get so sick of people who don't know **** from shinola declaring "I'm taking back my donation because the cause I have supported [which is noble] must prepare for their profession by practicing on animals." Good gravy lady, of course they have to practice on animals!

I have a nephew in vet school at OSU. He started at one of those schools in the caribbean where they actually work on stuffed animals (I'm not kidding).

Why hasn't Dean weighed in on this? I can't wait to see his reply.

exactly.

Bottom line is she NEVER even gave the money to VetMed. She gave undesignated money, and it was never earmarked for the Vet college. So there's no gift for her to take back.

it's also a flat out lie that she says bones are broken and kidneys are removed.

well there be a retraction printed, on the front page, in bold print? Will she come out and apologize as publicly as she vilified? of course not....there will be no penalty at all for any of this...which is pretty sad, IMO.

Just cause she married money she get's a pass and get's to say stupid **** that causes harm with zero repercussions.

badger
2/25/2009, 09:47 AM
If you noticed, students and professors fired back saying that Mr$. Picken$ was inaccurate in her claims.

Link here (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090225_11_A1_OSUvet593272&archive=yes)

Like many have said on this linked site, Mr$ Picken$ probably should leave the students alone and stick with a subject she knows: plastic surgery

So while there will be no bold retraction in any of the publications or TV stations that reported Picken$ and her big mouth, some are at least doing follow-ups and giving the Vet School a chance to defend themselves.

colleyvillesooner
2/25/2009, 09:52 AM
What if that is their favorite position and they don't really have the range to play SS?

OUDoc
2/25/2009, 09:54 AM
An ignorant OSU fan/alum/donor? No way!
Normally they get my pizza correct 80% of the time.

JohnnyMack
2/25/2009, 10:08 AM
well, since my wife works there, no.

Yeah, she's nailing Bigfoot.

Sploosh! Sploosh!

Mixer!
2/25/2009, 12:25 PM
Word from the morning coffee klatch here is that said student was a first year AND a PETA wingnut, got upset by the SOP she witnessed, contacted PETA, who called up Bubbles the Trophy Wife, who then gave the school paper an EXCLUSIVE interview, complete with character assassination of the VM department.

OUDoc
2/25/2009, 12:44 PM
Yup. Who's running osu again?

OU4LIFE
2/25/2009, 01:29 PM
some OU grad