PDA

View Full Version : Working in the City Hall building has its disadvantages

NormanPride
2/23/2009, 03:39 PM
... Namely all the homeless and otherwise strange people that just kind of hang around. It's remarkable the number of oddly shaped, poorly groomed, socially handicapped people one building can attract...

Anyway, I was walking back from the parking lot after lunch when I was accosted by a homeless person who wanted to convert me to Christianity and buy a bus ticket to OKC. This happens all the time and, being that I am already Christian, I only needed to give him a dollar which I did happily. At the same time, however, an elderly couple in an old buick pulled up next to us and the driver rolled down his window to talk to me.

Driver: Excuse me, could you help me find the Stimulus Building? I heard they moved it downtown.

Me: ...What? Like, a City building? The city hall is right over there.

Driver: No, y'see... President Obama signed a bill th'other day, and I'm supposed to go to the Stimulus Building to get money to fix our house.

Homeless guy (to me): ...Is that right?

That's right. The Stimulus Building. To get money from President Obama to fix his house.

I find it hilarious that even the homeless guy knew that a Stimulus Building sounded wrong.

OUDoc
2/23/2009, 03:43 PM
They have to build the building first. Tell him to check back in 6 months.

bri
2/23/2009, 03:55 PM
And now you know why they moved the City into a secure building, then made it even more secure-ier.

NormanPride
2/23/2009, 03:59 PM
The second floor security guard doesn't even check my ID anymore. Unless it's that curly haired middle aged lady that never smiles.

bri
2/23/2009, 09:56 PM
OMG, did the old chick who would tackle you if you didn't have your badge out finally die?

OUTromBoNado
2/23/2009, 11:54 PM
You think you've seen crazies...you haven't worked in an office in the middle of nowhere with two prisons within a 3-mile radius.

sooner n houston
2/24/2009, 07:32 AM
I'm suprised to hear there are still homeless people, what with the new pres and all! :D

85Sooner
2/24/2009, 08:45 AM
#1 quit giving money to them. 2# dontcha know when your down and out go to the gubment. they can fix it.

walkoffsooner
2/24/2009, 09:46 AM
Homeless = debt free
From what I have seen on tv with mortages and credit card debt there a leg up on most. They didn't buy what they could not afford.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/24/2009, 02:28 PM
OMG, did the old chick who would tackle you if you didn't have your badge out finally die?

She's worthless.

bri
2/24/2009, 04:00 PM
I was leaving the building one time, walked past her, said "good bye", took about three steps past her desk before remembering something I'd forgotten, and then when I turned around she stopped me and made me show her my badge. Gah.