PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Hand out three to four weeks............

Sooner24
2/22/2009, 02:16 PM
according to my inside sources. She had surgery on her broken finger this morning.

tommieharris91
2/22/2009, 02:23 PM
Soonersports.com is still projecting her to start Monday night @ATM.

walkoffsooner
2/22/2009, 02:32 PM
Thats some really bad news. Hope your sources suck.

Sooner24
2/22/2009, 02:32 PM

I hope they are right and my sources are wrong.

Sooner98
2/22/2009, 02:35 PM
I saw that when it happened. From where I was sitting, it looked pretty dislocated when they took her to the locker room. She did come back into the game, though, but I don't think she scored again.

tommieharris91
2/22/2009, 02:38 PM
I saw that when it happened. From where I was sitting, it looked pretty dislocated when they took her to the locker room. She did come back into the game, though, but I don't think she scored again.

She scored one of the last baskets of the game.

badger
2/23/2009, 09:21 AM
poor whitney... if it's true.

really, though, wouldn't they hold off on season-ending surgery this late in the season (because this late in the season, it really IS season-ending)? I mean, Crabtree's holding off on his so he can show his skills off to the NFL, so why would Whitney Hand have this surgery now, right before Big 12/NCAA tourney time, instead of waiting until after the postseason's over, only about a month (to a month and a half) away?

Is the finger really that bad that she can't play without it? Shooting or non-shooting hand?

AllAboutThe'O'
2/23/2009, 08:20 PM

Unfortunately no. Whitney is decked out in sweats and sitting this one out. Right now, the Sooners are involved in a tussle with the Aggies; it's tied entering the final minute of the opening half.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/23/2009, 08:23 PM
And we end the first half with a five-point flurry, capped by a 3-pointer from the corner by Stevenson, so OU has a 5-point lead at the break.

Lott's Bandana
2/23/2009, 09:02 PM
This is infuriating. We should score 100 on these clowns, yet we have a real good shot at losing.

Here aggette...take the ball, please. No, really, I insist.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/23/2009, 09:08 PM
Why am I not surprised we're losing by 7 to A&M?:mad:

Lott's Bandana
2/23/2009, 09:35 PM
A very well deserved loss.

Wouldn't have beaten Irving Middle School tonight.

On another note: Sherri looked like she hasn't slept in five days. Almost looked like she had two black eyes. Weird.

OU1988
2/23/2009, 10:05 PM
I realize Hand was out, why were we not attempting any 3's? I don't remember 1 attempt in the 2nd half.

tulsaoilerfan
2/23/2009, 10:07 PM
I realize Hand was out, why were we not attempting any 3's? I don't remember 1 attempt in the 2nd half.

I would guess that it's hard to shoot a 3 when you keep throwing the ****ing ball away:mad:

bri
2/23/2009, 10:10 PM
On another note: Sherri looked like she hasn't slept in five days. Almost looked like she had two black eyes. Weird.

She probably wasn't paying attention during practice and caught a couple of our guards' patented wayward passes in the face.

Lott's Bandana
2/23/2009, 10:43 PM
She probably wasn't paying attention during practice and caught a couple of our guards' patented wayward passes in the face.
:cool: