PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tuba EAT YOUR CROW!!!!

dolemitesooner
2/20/2009, 05:01 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71043

There was never a housing market problem.
This thread just proves what I, and everyone else thought or knew about you

ZANG!!!!

Props yermom

JohnnyMack
2/20/2009, 05:08 PM
Heh.

Frozen Sooner
2/20/2009, 05:15 PM
If the economy was any better we couldn't stand it. Everyone I know is sitting pretty and the ones who aren't tend to be losers anyway. Best economy since 1951 IMHO.

Double heh.

Frozen Sooner
2/20/2009, 05:17 PM
Yet home ownership is at RECORD LEVELS, and again, unemployment is very low.

Triple heh. I thought that was only because the evil libz were forcing banks to lend people money?

Frozen Sooner
2/20/2009, 05:30 PM
I should probably stop laughing. I'm sure there's plenty of things I've said that look pretty silly in retrospect.

King Crimson
2/20/2009, 05:42 PM
I should probably stop laughing. I'm sure there's plenty of things I've said that look pretty silly in retrospect.

unless you said Men Without Hats were better than the Beatles, I think you are OK in this thread.

SoonerStormchaser
2/20/2009, 05:44 PM
I'm sure there's plenty of things I've said that look pretty silly in retrospect.

I think kittens are ugly!

JohnnyMack
2/20/2009, 05:48 PM
unless you said Men Without Hats were better than the Beatles, I think you are OK in this thread.

HcOZ6xFxJqg

Scott D
2/20/2009, 07:08 PM
hell you could go further back than that thread to see Tuba and I disagreeing on the health of the housing market and how the numbers at the time were a red herring.

Curly Bill
2/20/2009, 07:13 PM
hell you could go further back than that thread to see Tuba and I disagreeing on the health of the housing market and how the numbers at the time were a red herring.

How does one prepare red herring? Fried, broiled, baked?

SoonerStormchaser
2/20/2009, 08:45 PM
Red herring is teh **** on ice cream!

Jerk
2/20/2009, 09:36 PM
2005 was definitely the 'boom' in housing construction around here.

SicEmBaylor
2/20/2009, 10:06 PM
There was an economist, I can't think of his name, but he was on TV a lot and he was predicting EXACTLY what is happening now as far back as 2003. Everyone called him crazy, and a pessimist but he was totally dead-on about everything.

SicEmBaylor
2/20/2009, 10:07 PM
I think kittens are ugly!

They're too young for you, right?

Jerk
2/20/2009, 10:34 PM
There was an economist, I can't think of his name, but he was on TV a lot and he was predicting EXACTLY what is happening now as far back as 2003. Everyone called him crazy, and a pessimist but he was totally dead-on about everything.

Peter Schiff?

SicEmBaylor
2/20/2009, 10:38 PM
Peter Schiff?

Yep, that's who it was.

Jerk
2/20/2009, 10:41 PM
Yep, that's who it was.

Be sure and load up on Zyloft and Rum before you listen to anything he's said lately.

If he's right, we are in for a world of pain.

JohnnyMack
2/20/2009, 10:57 PM
2005 was definitely the 'boom' in housing construction around here.

OK definitely did well. Not a crazy explosion like other places I saw. I go to Vegas a few times a year for work, and my wife's sisters live out in suburban phoenix, I remember thinking many years ago that the rate at which they were building was simply insane. I never imagined it would crater like this though.

Curly Bill
2/20/2009, 11:00 PM
Red herring is teh **** on ice cream!

Haven't tried that yet...

...but I will. :D

tommieharris91
2/20/2009, 11:02 PM
Be sure and load up on Zyloft and Rum before you listen to anything he's said lately.

If he's right, we are in for a world of pain.

Load up on precious metals and firearms while you're at it.

Curly Bill
2/20/2009, 11:04 PM
Load up on precious metals and firearms while you're at it.

Shoot, I've had that done for a while now.

Jerk
2/20/2009, 11:05 PM
OK definitely did well. Not a crazy explosion like other places I saw. I go to Vegas a few times a year for work, and my wife's sisters live out in suburban phoenix, I remember thinking many years ago that the rate at which they were building was simply insane. I never imagined it would crater like this though.

Yes, things are much worse in other areas. We are fortunate. Things are going to hell in a handbasket on the west and east coasts. Places like Detroit are becoming a third world country. Crime is bound to skyrocket soon if things don't turn around. I have no idea what the future is but there are many different scenarios which could play out, soon, and some of them are nightmares.

Jerk
2/20/2009, 11:07 PM
Shoot, I've had that done for a while now.

2 years ago, my 401k was worth 2x my investment in firearms.

I think that has flipped. Seriously.

Curly Bill
2/20/2009, 11:08 PM
I've been reading about John Dillinger, Pretty Boy Floyd, Baby Face Nelson, and their good time during the depression...

...yep, I'm thinkin of gettin a Tommy-gun. :D

Curly Bill
2/20/2009, 11:10 PM
2 years ago, my 401k was worth 2x my investment in firearms.

I think that has flipped. Seriously.

I wouldn't doubt it.

It's OK though, you don't want much money anyway, makes ya look selfish and like you don't want to do your part to help out those less fortunate.

OklahomaTuba
2/23/2009, 10:09 AM
http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Eating%20Crow(1).jpg

No, really hate that this turned out this way. I figured there was a bubble in housing to some degree, with all the "flippers" out there and people trying to use their homes as ATM machines. And you get outside the 5-6 states that are causing all this mess, and it isn't that bad. I've seen worse, thats for sure. I do feel for the folks in the bubble states though. Yeow!

I just hope everyone learns to save again, like our parents or grandparents did, and we put some breaks on this endless consuming.

Save, live within your means, and if you have debt, pay it off.

Dave Ramsey is a good place to start if you are drowning in debt. Common sense is all it takes.

LosAngelesSooner
2/23/2009, 04:22 PM
"It isn't that bad?"

My middle brother is the president of a multi-billion dollar home building company and a regular guest expert on Fox Business News and he would disagree with you.

Vehemently.

But, then again, he knows what he's talking about.

SicEmBaylor
2/23/2009, 05:26 PM
I weep for the Republic.

OklahomaTuba
2/23/2009, 05:37 PM
If I were in home building, in California, I would be weeping too.

But I am in energy, in Oklahoma, and things aren't that bad. Or at least they weren't.

Oblama got his wish, he wanted a crisis, and he got one now.

LosAngelesSooner
2/23/2009, 06:17 PM
He doesn't just build in California.

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Not that it's something new.

colleyvillesooner
5/13/2011, 01:27 AM
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/5049/lastubanf1.jpg

proud gonzo
5/13/2011, 01:30 AM
hehehehehe