PDA

View Full Version : Faninama really knew waht he was talking about

dolemitesooner
2/20/2009, 01:45 PM
Lots of people here gave Faninama a lot of **** when he was talking about how bad things were in the market, and what was coming.

Things are really really really bad right now.

There are rumors flying around that Warren buffet is in trouble and that he was selling puts on the market and is getting destroyed.

Says a lot I think.

I get knots in my thoart when thinking about what kinda of pickle we are in

Dean can I come to your house and carry a gun when things get bad?

SERIOUS? I will work for food:(

"Human beings are going to make mistakes, whether in the market or in the government. The difference is that survival in the market requires recognizing mistakes and changing course before you go bankrupt. But survival in politics requires denying mistakes and sticking with the policies you advocated, while blaming others for the bad results."

--Thomas Sowell

SoonerProphet
2/20/2009, 02:02 PM
http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2006/cr021506.htm

C&CDean
2/20/2009, 02:08 PM
You know I've always got a place in the barn for you doleo.

And Faninama is right about a lot of things. This particular issue he was damn near spot on - over a year ago. But the local riff raff pretty much ran him off the board. I'm sure glad he's my business partner and friend. People could learn a lot if they'd STFU and listen to smart people.

yermom
2/20/2009, 02:12 PM
i was talking about the housing market two years ago

where are my props? :)

dolemitesooner
2/20/2009, 02:17 PM
i was talking about the housing market two years ago

where are my props? :)
PROPS!!!!!

Dean I would sleep on the ****ing gravel out there if I had to, at least I would have food in my mouth, and I think I would be a good Farm hand after I cut up my pretty hands enough.

It is a shame Faninama is one of the smartest guys I know and I hardly know the guy

C&CDean
2/20/2009, 02:42 PM
PROPS!!!!!

Dean I would sleep on the ****ing gravel out there if I had to, at least I would have food in my mouth, and I think I would be a good Farm hand after I cut up my pretty hands enough.

It is a shame Faninama is one of the smartest guys I know and I hardly know the guy

I'll take you on as a hired hand. You just have to pass the initiation.

What's funny about Fan is that his phone will ring, it'll be a nurse at the hospital, and I'll hear him say "so, what's his weight? what's his mumbo jumbo (doctor talk), what's the scan say? OK, let's start him on a 3ml drip of someungodlysoundinglatinbull**** and monitor his mumbo jumbo (doctor talk). I can tell him the weight of a cow, and he can look on the "2mls per 10 pounds of body weight" and almost instantly tell me the dose. Genius. Just don't hand him a screwdriver. He'll hurt himself. BAD.

That's why we make a good team. I can fix anything, he can figure some complex **** out.

dolemitesooner
2/20/2009, 03:17 PM
The initiation.

You know what dean if things go sour like they could your "initiation" could not be that bad.

I mean in the future times could be really bad if America does not figure this **** out. Riots, Food lines, War.

I would pretty much take it in the *** from a dude while eating cow **** all while getting punched in the nuts multiple times in order to make sure I was safe with food in my mouth.

Those kinda times

I aint scared of your silly initiation.

yermom
2/20/2009, 03:30 PM

damn.

that guy is too smart to be President ;)

C&CDean
2/20/2009, 03:31 PM
The initiation.

You know what dean if things go sour like they could your "initiation" could not be that bad.

I mean in the future times could be really bad if America does not figure this **** out. Riots, Food lines, War.

I would pretty much take it in the *** from a dude while eating cow **** all while getting punched in the nuts multiple times in order to make sure I was safe with food in my mouth.

Those kinda times

Dude, why would I have an initiation that is something you do every weekend for kicks?

No, my initiation involves you, me, a rifle, and a pair of doe ears.

yermom
2/20/2009, 03:31 PM
The initiation.

Those kinda times

i think that is just day one

King Crimson
2/20/2009, 03:41 PM
fan was a good poster who took the time to educate himself. his sources weren't always the best, but like i say...he took to time to educate himself.

unlike a lot of the current right wing ideologues, fan could make an argument that had premises and conclusions. not just knee-jerk flavor of the day stuff.

yermom
2/20/2009, 03:43 PM
i think i agreed with him too much, that might have been part of the problem ;)

dolemitesooner
2/20/2009, 03:48 PM
i think i agreed with him too much, that might have been part of the problem ;)
Its funny.

The 4 of you are members of the select few from these boards that do have any ****ing sense in between there ears. (that includes Ama)

**** This thread should get 5 stars just for that reason.
As long as I am the only crazy in this thread I might just make this my spot on the boards.

I don't like heading out into that uncharted territory know as the south oval anymore.

****in crazy *** hillbillies:D

GottaHavePride
2/20/2009, 07:49 PM
Can I crash the party?

I like FaninAma, too.

tommieharris91
2/20/2009, 08:29 PM
I argued with him a little bit. Then I realized a lot of people in the economics department at OU somewhat agreed with him. I then stopped arguing with him.

AlbqSooner
2/20/2009, 09:27 PM
Fan is definitely a bright guy and a good poster. The only time I lost any respect for him was in the never ending threads on Terry Schiavo. I was posting as FlaSooner at the time. I was practicing law and was familiar with the case, the judge, the attorneys, and some of the doctors involved. I had seen the MRI of her brain. He would postulate responses based on his education and training. I would post responses based on personal observation. He simply would not concede that his knowledge of medicine did not equip him to render meaningful opinions based on nothing more that what he read in the paper.

Other than that, he has almost always been quite thoughtful and informed in his posts.

SicEmBaylor
2/20/2009, 10:00 PM
Fan is a great man. I wish he'd come back. He's one of the few people around here who has his head on straight, politically.

dolemitesooner
2/21/2009, 12:43 AM
What do you know about a head on straight.

You once said the south would rise again

Dude

Your the weakest link

goodbye

I am drunk

SicEmBaylor
2/21/2009, 03:40 AM
What do you know about a head on straight.

You once said the south would rise again

Dude

Your the weakest link

goodbye

I am drunk

I never said the south would rise again...

And for what it's worth, Fanin agrees with me on the issue of the War Between the States.

Dio
2/21/2009, 04:15 PM

Great link- I read all of his posts for the last year.