PDA

View Full Version : SAC Baseball

setem
2/19/2009, 12:36 PM
I am not sure about the rest of the league but the OCU Stars are off to a quick 9-0 start. I have not been to a game yet but it seems like the boys are ripping the cover off the ball and doing a great job out in the field.

Brent Weaver has 9 Homeruns in 9 games. I figured he would be a monster this year. David Dennis and his 27 homers will be missed. Weaver and Dennis combined for 51 homers last season. Landon Camp is another bomber, so there should be no problems with power in the lineup.

Zach Tidholm from Mustang played for the Enid Majors American Legion team this summer and he was phenomenal when the team I coach faced him. I fancy my guys as pretty good hitters we scored 15 and 20 runs on the Edmond Stars who are no slouches and he made all my guys look silly. Looks like he has had some good outings for the Stars and his youth will make him a threat to hitters for a couple of years(unless he gets drafted). OCU always has great pitching though.

They have the tools to make a run again this year and I think they will be blood thirsty when they make it to the post season.

I worked the concession stand during the NAIA play off games(as payment for using the field during the summer) and I got to know some of the guys and I know how bad they want that ring. This is a experienced team and anything less than a National Title will be a big disappointment to them.

Hang 'em high!

Paperclip
2/19/2009, 02:15 PM
OBU is 7-1. They open up SAC play today hosting a DH with Wayland. Single game tomorrow.

Paperclip
2/24/2009, 05:55 PM
OBU salvaged a win vs. Wayland last weekend to get to 1-2 in the SAC. They added a couple of wins vs. Hillsdale yesterday. Bison travel to the caprock to play Lubbock Christian this weekend.