PDA

View Full Version : First they came for your radios, then your bumper stickers..

OklahomaTuba
2/19/2009, 10:28 AM
Its like a "fairness doctrine" for your car!

OKC officer pulls man over for anti-Obama sign on vehicle

An Oklahoma City police officer wrongly pulled over a man last week and confiscated an anti-President Barack Obama sign the man had on his vehicle.

The officer misinterpreted the sign as threatening, said Capt. Steve McCool, of the Oklahoma City Police Department, and took the sign, which read "Abort Obama, not the unborn."
Chip Harrison said he was driving to work when a police car followed him for several miles and then signaled for him to pull over.
''I pulled over, knowing I hadn't done anything wrong," Harrison said in a recent phone interview.
When the officer asked Harrison if he knew why he had been pulled over, Harrison said he did not.
''They said, 'It's because of the sign in your window,'" Harrison said.
''It's not meant to be a threat, it's a statement about abortion," Harrison said.
He said he disagrees with the president's position on abortion.
''I asked the officer, 'Do you know what abort means?'" Harrison said. "He said, 'Yeah, it means to kill.' I said, 'No, it means to remove or terminate.'"
Harrison said his sign was to be interpreted as saying something like: Remove Obama from office, not unborn babies from the womb.

The officers confiscated Harrison's sign and gave him a slip of paper that stated he was part of an investigation.
Harrison said he later received a call from a person who said he was a lieutenant supervisor for the Internal Investigations Department and wanted to know his location and return his sign to him.
According to Harrison, the supervisor said the Secret Service had been contacted on the matter and had told them the sign was not a threat to the president.
Harrison was asked if he would like to file a complaint. He said he was not sure but would take the paperwork, just in case.
But his run-in with the law wasn't over yet.
''The Secret Service called and said they were at my house," Harrison said.http://www.newsok.com/okc-officer-pulls-man-over-for-anti-obama-sign-on-vehicle/article/3347038?custom_click=headlines_widget

TUSooner
2/19/2009, 10:34 AM
Ahh, the old "hysterical overreaction thread by Tuba" trick. And I fell for it.

JohnnyMack
2/19/2009, 10:36 AM
I had two Whataburger taquitos for breakfast and I don't feel the least bit guilty about it.

OklahomaTuba
2/19/2009, 10:36 AM
Don't make me report you!

85Sooner
2/19/2009, 11:18 AM
''The Secret Service called and said they were at my house," Harrison said.

After talking to his attorney, Harrison went home where he met the Secret Service.

''When I was on my way there, the Secret Service called me and said they weren't going to ransack my house or anything ... they just wanted to (walk through the house) and make sure I wasn't a part of any hate groups."

Harrison said he invited the Secret Service agents into the house and they were "very cordial."

I remember this happening when Bush was President during the times they were calling him a nazi etc,......... You remember....... when all those rights were supposedly taken away .......... you know....... that Patriot act thing.

It was about the time Gonzales was calliing all americans cowards when it came to race......... Oh wait..... thats now.

It was when the gov was picking winners and losers by saying who they were gonna take money from and who they were going to give it to........ Oops wrong again, thats now.

These first 30 days have been Just what the country ordered. :)

Wonder what they are going to pull out of the hat during the next 30 days.

King Crimson
2/19/2009, 11:24 AM
so, the OKC police is in Obama's martial law/Stalinist freedom crushing command.

you have to admire the iron hand. so efficient, defying logic and civil liberties as it does.

frankensooner
2/19/2009, 11:27 AM
I guess they didn't find a time machine in that guy's house?!?

SoonerBorn68
2/19/2009, 11:27 AM
I had two Whataburger taquitos for breakfast and I don't feel the least bit guilty about it.

...but when the secret service comes to your house because you hate onions--you'll change your mind.

King Crimson
2/19/2009, 11:37 AM
i love it when the Patriot Act warriors come in on "civil liberties".

Does Homeland Security need to know what books i check out of the library....apparently so in 2003...but the new "real conservative/libertarian branch of the GOP" regime says no?

it's Obama that's the police state, this time.

KC//CRIMSON
2/19/2009, 11:50 AM
Don't make me report you!

Go abort yourself.

tommieharris91
2/19/2009, 11:51 AM
This is much more about cops being stupid than it is about people's rights being taken away.

NormanPride
2/19/2009, 12:14 PM
This thread confuses me. Are people blaming this on Obama? Are people blaming this on Bush? Does Tuba like taquitos?

Politics threads should be automatically one-starred.

A Sooner in Texas
2/19/2009, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T0GRjxOP98

Pricetag
2/19/2009, 01:40 PM
If the authorities really started confiscating all political bumper stickers, a lot of people would look a lot smarter.

frankensooner
2/19/2009, 01:51 PM
If the authorities really started confiscating all bumper stickers, besides OU ones, a lot of people would look a lot smarter.

Fixed

LosAngelesSooner
2/19/2009, 05:07 PM
''The Secret Service called and said they were at my house," Harrison said.

After talking to his attorney, Harrison went home where he met the Secret Service.

''When I was on my way there, the Secret Service called me and said they weren't going to ransack my house or anything ... they just wanted to (walk through the house) and make sure I wasn't a part of any hate groups."

Harrison said he invited the Secret Service agents into the house and they were "very cordial."

I remember this happening when Bush was President during the times they were calling him a nazi etc,......... You remember....... when all those rights were supposedly taken away .......... you know....... that Patriot act thing.

It was about the time Gonzales was calliing all americans cowards when it came to race......... Oh wait..... thats now.

It was when the gov was picking winners and losers by saying who they were gonna take money from and who they were going to give it to........ Oops wrong again, thats now.

These first 30 days have been Just what the country ordered. :)

Wonder what they are going to pull out of the hat during the next 30 days.
Wait.

If Obama's "just like Bush," then what are you complaining about?

:pop:

85Sooner
2/19/2009, 05:09 PM
Obama is nothing like Bush. Funny how all the things Bush unjustly gets blamed for are actual reality to the Great O.

Hows that budget thing going?

NormanPride
2/19/2009, 05:15 PM
Unjustly blamed for? And again, how is this related to Obama in any way?

LosAngelesSooner
2/19/2009, 05:34 PM
Obama is nothing like Bush. Funny how all the things Bush unjustly gets blamed for are actual reality to the Great O.
It's not "unjust blame" if you DID do them.

Obama IS different from President Bushcheney. Obama's SS guys were polite, waited for the homeowner and just did a precautionary walk through.

Bushcheney's guys would have been waiting inside the already ransacked house WITHOUT a warrant and then deported the offender to a secret prison and this thread wouldn't even exist since we wouldn't have known about it.

Hows that budget thing going?Don't know yet. It hasn't had a chance to work.

But it can't be any worse than what President Bushcheney got us into.

By the way, on a different note, when I read the article I expected the guy with the sign to be one of those "crazy IhateObamaHe'stheDevil" guys, but he seemed really nice and sincere. I'm glad he got to be on TV and speak his mind. I'm glad the OCPD returned his sign and apologized and set the record straight. I'm glad he got the chance to exercise his free speech in a civil and intelligent manner. And I'm glad he can have a differing opinion on a hot topic issue like Abortion than the President, but still come out and say, "He's my President and I support him 100%."

That kind of maturity is rare nowadays.

NormanPride
2/19/2009, 05:38 PM
No it's not. The complaints are just louder. :)

85Sooner
2/19/2009, 05:55 PM
It's not "unjust blame" if you DID do them.

Obama IS different from President Bushcheney. Obama's SS guys were polite, waited for the homeowner and just did a precautionary walk through.

Bushcheney's guys would have been waiting inside the already ransacked house WITHOUT a warrant and then deported the offender to a secret prison and this thread wouldn't even exist since we wouldn't have known about it.

Don't know yet. It hasn't had a chance to work.

But it can't be any worse than what President Bushcheney got us into.

By the way, on a different note, when I read the article I expected the guy with the sign to be one of those "crazy IhateObamaHe'stheDevil" guys, but he seemed really nice and sincere. I'm glad he got to be on TV and speak his mind. I'm glad the OCPD returned his sign and apologized and set the record straight. I'm glad he got the chance to exercise his free speech in a civil and intelligent manner. And I'm glad he can have a differing opinion on a hot topic issue like Abortion than the President, but still come out and say, "He's my President and I support him 100%."

That kind of maturity is rare nowadays.

Off Topic: Did you know Cori?

85Sooner
2/19/2009, 06:01 PM

Got any evidence of this one? Don't remember anyone being stopped for all the anti bush stickers that were everywhere. Never heard of their homes being searched. Could be wrong just need some point of reference.

as far as

And I'm glad he can have a differing opinion on a hot topic issue like Abortion than the President, but still come out and say, "He's my President and I support him 100%."

Yeah, didn't see much evidence of that from the left during Bush's term.

Keep in mind, I am not a pro Bush person. I am as disappointed as I can be especially about his last term and I remember the left talking about how he was spouting fear. Well thats all we have heard from O and every broker I know wishes he would just shut up. Evidenced by the video from the floor of the Chicago Stock exchange.

picasso
2/19/2009, 06:24 PM
I better take off my Oblowme sticker.

47straight
2/19/2009, 06:44 PM
Given the actual existence of "Abort Palin" graffitti and signs during the campaign, and the complete lack of any secret service investigation, that's got to be the worst strawman of the year so far.

47straight
2/19/2009, 06:45 PM
Not to mention the fantasy movie about a Bush assasination.

picasso
2/19/2009, 06:48 PM
c'mon 47. only the right hates.

soonerscuba
2/19/2009, 08:18 PM

Got any evidence of this one? Don't remember anyone being stopped for all the anti bush stickers that were everywhere. Never heard of their homes being searched. Could be wrong just need some point of reference.

as far as

And I'm glad he can have a differing opinion on a hot topic issue like Abortion than the President, but still come out and say, "He's my President and I support him 100%."

Yeah, didn't see much evidence of that from the left during Bush's term.

Keep in mind, I am not a pro Bush person. I am as disappointed as I can be especially about his last term and I remember the left talking about how he was spouting fear. Well thats all we have heard from O and every broker I know wishes he would just shut up. Evidenced by the video from the floor of the Chicago Stock exchange.The Feds famously went after Anti-War groups in CA, I would call all of this much ado about nothing, whether it's pro-Bush cops, or pro-Obama cops.

Also, Bush went to 90% approval within a year of maybe the most contentious election in American history, so yes, it's possible for Americans to rally around a president. However, I would say there is a block of this country that is around 15% for Dems and 20% for Republicans that will, under no circumstances support a member of the other party. Hell, there are some on this board. It's socially and academically lazy, and if the average American is the standard, I only expect this number to grow, espcially since Dems have found their savior.

85Sooner
2/20/2009, 07:53 AM
The Feds famously went after Anti-War groups in CA, I would call all of this much ado about nothing, whether it's pro-Bush cops, or pro-Obama cops.

Also, Bush went to 90% approval within a year of maybe the most contentious election in American history, so yes, it's possible for Americans to rally around a president. However, I would say there is a block of this country that is around 65% for Dems and 20% for Republicans that will, under no circumstances support a member of the other party. Hell, there are some on this board. It's socially and academically lazy, and if the average American is the standard, I only expect this number to grow, espcially since Dems have found their savior.

Fixed

Condescending Sooner
2/20/2009, 10:02 AM
OK, I'll be the one that asks. Was the cop that pulled him over black?

soonerscuba
2/20/2009, 11:24 AM
FixedAs evidenced by the Bush approval ratings during 2001, this just isn't so. Like I said, it's lazy to lump Repulican good, Democrat bad. Judging by your daily outrage posts, I think it's a fair assumption you fall into that category.

47straight
2/20/2009, 12:15 PM
http://www.dcpages.com/gallery/d/102367-2/DSC03406.jpg

http://bushoncrack.11345.com/art/items/detail/BOC_106.gif

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/46/175901415_04f6cb197f.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1083/1440046248_9832276244_o.jpg

https://dcpages.com/gallery/d/102218-2/DSC03198.jpg

And if it's so famous, Scuba, give us the linkage because I think you're just woofin to equivocate.

I have never feared Obama. I fear his supporters.

soonerscuba
2/20/2009, 12:30 PM
http://www.articlearchives.com/crime-law/criminal-offenses-misc-espionage/1579396-1.html

And I find it funny you try to accuse equivocation while I maintain that the officers were wrong, and then you post pictures to prove a point. You're ripping off Tuba like Dane Cook rips off Louis CK. Sorry to hear you're afraid of the majority of the American population, must be a tough go of things.

olevetonahill
2/20/2009, 12:52 PM
Do any of Yall eat Artichoke ?
If so how do you fix em ?

85Sooner
2/20/2009, 02:15 PM
As evidenced by the Bush approval ratings during 2001, this just isn't so. Like I said, it's lazy to lump Repulican good, Democrat bad. Judging by your daily outrage posts, I think it's a fair assumption you fall into that category.

I have had as much criticism for Bush and many republicans as I have had for Democrats. To look at the bump in 2001 as evidence of anything other than a temporary situationionalized bump is to ignore the obvious. Kinda like texas when they were yelling we won head to head. You never heard them talk about Tech. Sure in 2001 everyone was together. Remember the Dems standing on the capitol steps singing patriotic songs? Everything was askew for about 10 months.

The dems started the blistering hatred of bush before he even took the oath. remember the W's taken off the keyboards? I have never seen any President treated with such disrepect including President Clinton.Repulicans didn't like Clinton due to his policies , his dishonesty and his moral corrupt lifestyle.
Dems hated Bush the Man.

47straight
2/20/2009, 02:46 PM
http://www.articlearchives.com/crime-law/criminal-offenses-misc-espionage/1579396-1.html

And I find it funny you try to accuse equivocation while I maintain that the officers were wrong, and then you post pictures to prove a point. You're ripping off Tuba like Dane Cook rips off Louis CK. Sorry to hear you're afraid of the majority of the American population, must be a tough go of things.

Yup, that's exactly what I suspected. No actual violation of any particular group's rights, just a complaint about monitoring of potential domestic threats. I went to a presentation by an FBI member of the joint terrorism task force and they freely admitted they keep track of different groups. They had slides describing all sorts of different nefarious characters of the left and right varieties.

And since you don't seem to follow the thread real close, those pictures were for LAS's benefit who claimed if anyone had said "Abort Bush" they'd have gotten the same treatment. Believe me, if they had we'd have heard about it.

I would hardly call three separate *actual* civil rights violations "much to do about nothing."

And I can see where someone as far left as you might confuse me and Tuba.

I Am Right
2/20/2009, 03:12 PM
Do you know what Germans liked about Hitler, He gave great speechs.

soonerscuba
2/20/2009, 03:52 PM
Yup, that's exactly what I suspected. No actual violation of any particular group's rights, just a complaint about monitoring of potential domestic threats. I went to a presentation by an FBI member of the joint terrorism task force and they freely admitted they keep track of different groups. They had slides describing all sorts of different nefarious characters of the left and right varieties.

And since you don't seem to follow the thread real close, those pictures were for LAS's benefit who claimed if anyone had said "Abort Bush" they'd have gotten the same treatment. Believe me, if they had we'd have heard about it.

I would hardly call three separate *actual* civil rights violations "much to do about nothing."

And I can see where someone as far left as you might confuse me and Tuba.I never said that a groups civil rights had been trounced, simply that this sort of stuff occurred while Bush was president as well, most of the time it focuses on local law enforcement. I know you really want to bait me into to something, but frankly I think it was dumb local cops acting like dumb local cops and the Secret Service checked in on the guy, little more. I know this will go over like a fart in church, but I'm not that far left. By Oklahoma standards maybe, but I generally support gun rights (all personal liberty for that matter) and tend to favor a centralized system of administration, hardly a Marxist. For the record, I never claimed to be freightened by the electorate during the Bush years, something you have readily admitted now.

LosAngelesSooner
2/20/2009, 03:54 PM
Somebody needs to learn to take a joke. :rolleyes:

Do you know what Germans liked about Hitler, He gave great speechs.
So did Reagan.

What's your point?

soonerscuba
2/20/2009, 04:00 PM
I have had as much criticism for Bush and many republicans as I have had for Democrats. To look at the bump in 2001 as evidence of anything other than a temporary situationionalized bump is to ignore the obvious. Kinda like texas when they were yelling we won head to head. You never heard them talk about Tech. Sure in 2001 everyone was together. Remember the Dems standing on the capitol steps singing patriotic songs? Everything was askew for about 10 months.

The dems started the blistering hatred of bush before he even took the oath. remember the W's taken off the keyboards? I have never seen any President treated with such disrepect including President Clinton.Repulicans didn't like Clinton due to his policies , his dishonesty and his moral corrupt lifestyle.
Dems hated Bush the Man.Except it's nothing like football, sure. Face it, the Dems gave Bush a chance, the vast majority of them did, and he blew it. Frankly, I'm sure that some on the left hated Bush "the man" but that is an impossibly subjective rationalization for acceptance of policy. I think most Dems just didn't like his politics or his style of administration. Most Americans feel the same.

So, are you equally outraged with Newt for committing the same sins? Do you think the millions of public treasury spent on Whitewater were worth it? The answer in my opinion is no, and I would hope the Dems don't go looking for phantoms in Midland, because it too, would be a grandstanding waste.

47straight
2/20/2009, 04:40 PM
I never said that a groups civil rights had been trounced, simply that this sort of stuff occurred while Bush was president as well, most of the time it focuses on local law enforcement

You'll have to forgive me then for reading "The Feds famously went after Anti-War groups in CA" completely differently.

NormanPride
2/20/2009, 05:10 PM
I saw this thread got another star, so I thought I'd check back in.

I chose poorly.

SicEmBaylor
2/20/2009, 05:35 PM
I haven't read this thread, but if anyone is connecting what this cop did to Obama as if Obama is sitting in the Oval Office issuing personal orders to local cops to stop anyone who criticizes him in the form of a bumper sticker then you really and truly need to seek mental therapy.

King Crimson
2/20/2009, 05:46 PM
I haven't read this thread, but if anyone is connecting what this cop did to Obama as if Obama is sitting in the Oval Office issuing personal orders to local cops to stop anyone who criticizes him in the form of a bumper sticker then you really and truly need to seek mental therapy.

that's post #6, but that IS what is being said by the Tuba.

Obama=authoritarianism.

85Sooner
2/20/2009, 06:00 PM
Except it's nothing like football, sure. Face it, the Dems gave Bush a chance (YOU BELIEVE THAT IF YOU WERE DOINNG HARD TIME OR WERE FREEZE DRIED, the vast majority of them did, and he blew it. Frankly, I'm sure that some on the left hated Bush "the man" but that is an impossibly subjective rationalization for acceptance of policy. I think most Dems just didn't like his politics or his style of administration. yEAH THEY KEPT OFFERING BETTER PLANS NOT! THEY JUST BITCHED ABOUT HIS BE AWOL, STUPID, HITLER, AN ADDICT, GET REAL Most Americans feel the same.

So, are you equally outraged with Newt for committing the same sins? NEWT WAS NOT CONVICTED OF PERJURY AND i AM NOT AWARE OF HIM EVER BEING CHRAGED WITH SEXUAL HARRASSMENT Do you think the millions of public treasury spent on Whitewater were worth it? (NO, BECAUSE THEY DID NOT GO FORWARD WITH CHARGES WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVEThe answer in my opinion is no, and I would hope the Dems don't go looking for phantoms in Midland,ARE YOU KIDDING? THEY ARE STILL TRYING TO GET AN INVESTIGATION ON BUSH FOR CRIMES because it too, would be a grandstanding waste.

crimeny at least come up with something new.

soonerscuba
2/20/2009, 06:27 PM
That all sums up to: it was different with Newt, it would have been worth it they gone with indictments, and I think the Dems went after Bush. Who was the independent counsel that Dems put forth to investigate? We're not talking about members of the democratic underground messageboard, I am referring to members of the United States Congress, there is a difference.

And yes, this thread is retarded Sic'em. Standard paranoia.

SicEmBaylor
2/20/2009, 07:00 PM
Can I offer a bit of advice to my fellow uh "conservatives" (and in Tuba's case I use that term very loosely since he isn't the least bit conservative)?

How about you start focusing and worrying about the issues that matter -- the big picture stuff that has a serious impact on our nation. Some bozo cop pulling a guy over because of a bumper sticker doesn't amount to **** and it sure as hell has absolutely nothing to do with the guy you're blaming it on.

Curly Bill
2/20/2009, 07:07 PM
I saw this thread got another star, so I thought I'd check back in.

I chose poorly.

I did that just for the hell of it...

...and because someone said it deserved one star, I felt like being a contrarian.

85Sooner
2/20/2009, 07:09 PM
Can I offer a bit of advice to my fellow uh "conservatives" (and in Tuba's case I use that term very loosely since he isn't the least bit conservative)?

How about you start focusing and worrying about the issues that matter -- the big picture stuff that has a serious impact on our nation. Some bozo cop pulling a guy over because of a bumper sticker doesn't amount to **** and it sure as hell has absolutely nothing to do with the guy you're blaming it on.

Yeah , nothing big, searching your private residence. I am sure you won't mind when they knock on your door ;)

SicEmBaylor
2/20/2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah , nothing big, searching your private residence. I am sure you won't mind when they knock on your door ;)

First, they didn't search anything until he gave them permission to do so.

Second, they had the EXACT same policy under President Bush, Clinton before him, H.W. Bush before Clinton, Reagan, etc.

None of these actions, in any shape form or fashion, have anything to do with the President -- nothing...nadda.

85Sooner
2/20/2009, 07:15 PM
That all sums up to: it was different with Newt, it would have been worth it they gone with indictments, and I think the Dems went after Bush. Who was the independent counsel that Dems put forth to investigate? We're not talking about members of the democratic underground messageboard, I am referring to members of the United States Congress, there is a difference.

And yes, this thread is retarded Sic'em. Standard paranoia.

Then you calculator is broken. Newt was never accused of any criminal wrong doing was he? President Clinton was. Starr didn't go for indictments because it was not worth the effort politically and there were more issues involved. (nevermind records showing up in the whitehouse in hillarys private residence). And if you have been paying attention CURRENTLY there are members trying to go after Bush. Thats not the democratic underground it is your members of the congress currently sitting.

re:
Pelosi Supports Investigating Bush Administration
by: Chris Bowers
Mon Jan 19, 2009 at 10:43

HR 104, a bill by House Judiciary Chair John Conyers to create a commission to investigate Bush-era crimes, took a step forward yesterday when House Speaker Nancy Pelosi signaled her support .

85Sooner
2/20/2009, 07:20 PM
First, they didn't search anything until he gave them permission to do so.
FIRST: IF HE HADN'T What would they have done. huh?
Second, they had the EXACT same policy under President Bush, Clinton before him, H.W. Bush before Clinton, Reagan, etc.

Please post the link to the homes that were invaded due to something as simple as a bumper sticker or any similar occasion please.

None of these actions, in any shape form or fashion, have anything to do with the President -- nothing...nadda.

They have to do with a man being taken down for expressing his non-threatening first amendment rights and having his home subject to search because of who (obama) was on the sticker. Again, I would like to see the writups regarding the invasion of privacy of all the citizens in those pictures above expressing the same sentiment. Your right, OBAMA did not go to his home but the attitude of Law enforcement regarding the situation indicates that they are very very sensitive to what they are seeing.

Curly Bill
2/20/2009, 07:25 PM
Since Obama's a minority and all, this guy's lucky he didn't get hauled in on a hate crime charge. ;)

SicEmBaylor
2/20/2009, 07:27 PM
They have to do with a man being taken down for expressing his non-threatening first amendment rights and having his home subject to search because of who (obama) was on the sticker. Again, I would like to see the writups regarding the invasion of privacy of all the citizens in those pictures above expressing the same sentiment. Your right, OBAMA did not go to his home but the attitude of Law enforcement regarding the situation indicates that they are very very sensitive to what they are seeing.

Obama has absolutely NOTHING to do with this. It honestly sounds as if you're suffering from delusional paranoia. None of Obama's actions have anything to do with what happened to this guy. Neither his actions nor his attitude caused that cop to pull the guy over. The cop was probably just an idiot Obama supporter who wanted to use his badge to make a political statement.

If it's the Secret Service's actions that bother you then let me tell you a story...I knew this guy up in OK who posted an anti-Bush rant on his blog several years ago and made a statement wondering why the great Presidents get shot and the really bad ones don't. The Secret Service showed up at this guy's college campus, pulled him out of class, interrogated him for several hours, interrogated his girlfriend, spoke to his friends and professors, and then they searched his apartment and seized his computer.

Now, how much of that is Bush's fault? Do you think Bush personally ordered that or his "attitude" "bred" such actions? Please. The cop was an idiot and the Secret Service was just doing what it does.

Some of you don't have a firm grip on reality.

85Sooner
2/20/2009, 07:43 PM
Obama has absolutely NOTHING to do with this. It honestly sounds as if you're suffering from delusional paranoia. None of Obama's actions have anything to do with what happened to this guy. Neither his actions nor his attitude caused that cop to pull the guy over. The cop was probably just an idiot Obama supporter who wanted to use his badge to make a political statement. AGREED

If it's the Secret Service's actions that bother you then let me tell you a story...I knew this guy up in OK who posted an anti-Bush rant on his blog several years ago and made a statement wondering why the great Presidents get shot and the really bad ones don't. The Secret Service showed up at this guy's college campus, pulled him out of class, interrogated him for several hours, interrogated his girlfriend, spoke to his friends and professors, and then they searched his apartment and seized his computer. ARTICLE? I am sure it was documented since it happened on campus.

Now, how much of that is Bush's fault? Do you think Bush personally ordered that or his "attitude" "bred" such actions? Please. The cop was an idiot and the Secret Service was just doing what it does.

Yes and it shows how the police can do what they want. It will be interesting to see if he sues and what occurs from that.

Some of you don't have a firm grip on reality.

Its discussion. When Wall street and alot of folks are talking about revolution and tax revolts and it is making it into the mainstream especially with the agreement it is getting from alot of the citizenry you better pay attention. I don't ever remember hearing that type of talk especially outside the extreme personalities.

SicEmBaylor
2/20/2009, 07:46 PM
Its discussion. When Wall street and alot of folks are talking about revolution and tax revolts and it is making it into the mainstream especially with the agreement it is getting from alot of the citizenry you better pay attention. I don't ever remember hearing that type of talk especially outside the extreme personalities.

That's just meaningless hyper-rhetoric.

85Sooner
2/20/2009, 07:47 PM
That's just meaningless hyper-rhetoric.

Then don't worry about it and stick to the WAYLT threads. no Problem

SicEmBaylor
2/20/2009, 07:56 PM
Then don't worry about it and stick to the WAYLT threads. no Problem

:sigh: I would but politics is the only thing I know or do. My point is that a couple of Wall Street brokers getting upset and calling for a "tea party" doesn't really amount to much. Are they going to dump their stock tickers into the Hudson river?

Furthermore, Obama hasn't yet done anything to warrant such action. Such action is taken when the people finally decide that the government's power has become too great and infringed upon too many of our liberties. I certainly believe the government has been doing precisely that for a long time, but Obama's actions aren't radically different than Bush's.

Let me put it another way, Obama's actions are only different than Bush's by a degree of amount and not by a difference in action. Bush spent what, well over 300 billion to prop up the economy and nationalize a portion of the free-market while Obama has done that and just increased the amount a bit.

You show me a large segment of the population who are finally sick and tired of the Feds governing beyond their constitutional mandate and then I'll be impressed.

Curly Bill
2/20/2009, 08:00 PM
:sigh: I would but politics is the only thing I know or do. My point is that a couple of Wall Street brokers getting upset and calling for a "tea party" doesn't really amount to much. Are they going to dump their stock tickers into the Hudson river?

Furthermore, Obama hasn't yet done anything to warrant such action. Such action is taken when the people finally decide that the government's power has become too great and infringed upon too many of our liberties. I certainly believe the government has been doing precisely that for a long time, but Obama's actions aren't radically different than Bush's.

Let me put it another way, Obama's actions are only different than Bush's by a degree of amount and not by a difference in action. Bush spent what, well over 300 billion to prop up the economy and nationalize a portion of the free-market while Obama has done that and just increased the amount a bit.

You show me a large segment of the population who are finally sick and tired of the Feds governing beyond their constitutional mandate and then I'll be impressed.

...but we were promised CHANGE damn it!

85Sooner
2/20/2009, 08:20 PM
:sigh:

Hold that thought.

SicEmBaylor
2/20/2009, 08:22 PM

Hyper-rhetoric.

Mixer!
2/20/2009, 08:31 PM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1060/coins2va4.jpg

85Sooner
2/20/2009, 08:48 PM

but mine was meaningless rhetoric;)

SicEmBaylor
2/20/2009, 09:08 PM
but mine was meaningless rhetoric;)

I didn't mean your rhetoric was meaningless -- I was talking about the stock broker not you.

tommieharris91
2/20/2009, 09:20 PM

This is the kind of change I was expecting.

Dio
2/22/2009, 02:36 AM

You might want to dig through those and see if any of them have any actual silver in them ;)