PDA

View Full Version : Victory for Okie gunowners

Okla-homey
2/19/2009, 07:57 AM
Yesterday, the 10th Circuit US Court of Appeals overturned a Tulsa federal court ruling that had prevented enforcement of an Oklahoma statute making it a crime for property owners to ban legally owned guns secured in locked vehicles parked on their property.

Finally.

Thanks to the wisdom of the judges in Denver, in Oklahoma, you can now bring your gun to work, leave it in your locked car in the parking lot, and your employer can't do anything about it.

:D

Please note: even under the newly upheld statute, and even if you have a carry permit, you can't legally bring your gun into your employer's building if he doesn't allow guns on the premises. But we're working on that.

OUHOMER
2/19/2009, 08:30 PM
That is good news, i know someone who almost got fired for bringing his deer rifle to work( left it in his truck). hell the damn thing was broke and he was taking to the gun shop after work.
Anyway, it turned into a big deal, They ended dropping the matter fo a couple of reason's.

1.because their parking lot was open to the public, ( strip mall type parking lot). 2. they never really told anybody about the rule change.

Jerk
2/19/2009, 08:50 PM
I am strong believer in both property rights and gun rights. However, a person's car might as well be an extension of their home, so, yea for the judge.

C&CDean
2/20/2009, 03:39 PM
I still can't bring one on my work premises. Uncle Sam is a bitch like that.

yermom
2/20/2009, 03:45 PM
i was kinda wondering about that...

what about smoking in your car?

i'd like the Hitachi smokers out of my neighborhood ;)

Okla-homey
2/20/2009, 04:23 PM

I wouldn't sweat-it Deano, the way things are going, the USPS won't be in bidness much longer anyway.;)

Frozen Sooner
2/20/2009, 04:29 PM

Because, as we've found, postal workers with guns are a great combination. ;)

(Yeah yeah, I know. Spare me the 'the rules didn't stop the guy from shooting up the place.' It was a joke.)