PDA

View Full Version : B. Griff

CatfishSooner
2/17/2009, 06:27 PM
What is the chance of the Thunder getting Blake in the draft or trading some picks for him?

Just imagine this lineup?

1-Westbrook

2-Durant

3-Green

4-BLAKE GRIFFIN

5-Chandler

F'N LEGIT TEAM!

sooner59
2/17/2009, 07:09 PM
If the Thunder have that that line up 3-4 years down the road, they are competing to win the West.

Hella Sideburns
2/17/2009, 07:41 PM
even if we end up with the worst record in the league (we won't) the odds are just 25 percent that we end up with the first pick.

if we draft griffin, we'll have to trade green. Green's undersized at the 4, anyway, but he's not going to push Durant to the 2, so he has to go. In that scenario, i could see us drafting griffin and then trading green+picks for james harden, giving us a

westbrook, harden, durant, griffin, chandler starting five.

more likely we end up with a top 5 pick and select hasheem thabeet from uconn. Chandler will play out his contract here and he and Thabeet will team up to form a pretty fearsome defensive group at center. Chandler is injury prone, so Thabeet lets us give him a breather now and then as a back up, start when he gets hurt and then possibly replace him when his deal expires.

All_Day_28
2/17/2009, 11:58 PM
Please God not Thabeet... I'm I the only one that sees he is not for real?

CatfishSooner
2/18/2009, 01:42 AM
Why couldn't we trade 2 first round picks to get Griffin?

Sooner13
2/18/2009, 08:33 AM

I agree 100 %. This is what I imagine Thabeet's numbers being in the NBA - 17 min, 2 pts, 3 rebounds, 1 block, 5 FOULS

BermudaSooner
2/18/2009, 11:39 AM
Why couldn't we trade 2 first round picks to get Griffin?

They were discussing this on the Animal yesterday. If we end up with a 7th pick, for example, because the ping pong balls fall in the wrong place, we don't have a chance at Griffin. If we were to get, say, the 2nd pick, we could probably package our 3 first round picks for the #1 pick.

Really hope I get to see Blake in Thunder blue.

Hella Sideburns
2/18/2009, 03:01 PM

i dont think he's for real in the sense that he'll be an all-star center, but if we're picking in the 4-10 range, as bad as this draft is, he might be the best option left.

starclassic tama
2/18/2009, 04:41 PM
kevin durant will never play the 2 again. it's not his position, nor green at the 3. so that lineup wouldn't work. need another 2 guard, and have green/griffin come off the bench. and as for the guy bashing thabeet, DEFENSE wins championships. not offense. so i have no idea where you are coming from, thabeet is the best defensive center to come out in a LONG time.

badger
2/25/2009, 03:31 PM
So I just dropped in on the Thunder board for the first time since September or so... I see you have a one-starred hater out there :D

So I just wanted to pop in and say that I hope B.(lake) Griff(in) goes to OKC. I know we have two million power forwards already, but not a good one :)

As for the rest of the draft, perhaps a few trades can get us a quality center?

starclassic tama
2/25/2009, 03:56 PM
jeff green isn't any good? news to me. blake will likely be a better rebounder and likely a better defender, but i doubt his offense will ever be as good as jeff green's in the NBA. then again, defense is what wins and what we need. a two headed combo of green and griffin would be nice, even if only for a few seasons.

"MVP"
3/13/2009, 09:36 PM
I love the Thunder... Such a young team, who will improve each year. Great thought, isn't it?

"MVP"
3/13/2009, 09:38 PM
jeff green isn't any good? news to me. blake will likely be a better rebounder and likely a better defender, but i doubt his offense will ever be as good as jeff green's in the NBA. then again, defense is what wins and what we need. a two headed combo of green and griffin would be nice, even if only for a few seasons.

(Jaw drops)

As good as Jeff is, Blake will be better in every aspect of the game, besides the jump shot. Dominant power player, and will be a stud. Please have some OKC lottery luck!

badger
5/18/2009, 07:21 AM
I know there are NBA conspiracy theorists out there that see the lottery balls fall for the team that would create the best story every year, from the Robinson-less Spurs getting Tim Duncan, to MJ getting his own chance to blow the No. 1 overall pick.

So... does this mean that given the state of Oklahoma's state of mourning over a fallen No. 23, OKC will be given the chance to draft another?

(crosses fingers) please....please... please... please...

Eielson
5/18/2009, 05:57 PM
I'd much rather have Blake, but I'd sure like to have Thabeet. He won't ever be a dominant scorer, but he could be a dominant rebounder and defender. There is only one ball and only so many shots to be taken.

soonerfan28
5/19/2009, 10:37 AM
I'd much rather have Blake, but I'd sure like to have Thabeet. He won't ever be a dominant scorer, but he could be a dominant rebounder and defender. There is only one ball and only so many shots to be taken.

Nice point. He could work on his offense game and until then be all of the things you listed. If he could get 10 points a game that would help the team if he brings the rest night in and night out.