PDA

View Full Version : Looks like UConn is about to fall.

Bosley
2/16/2009, 09:04 PM
When was the last time OU was ranked number one?

sooner59
2/16/2009, 09:08 PM
Can I get a #1 OU bball team? This is awesome.

jdsooner
2/16/2009, 09:09 PM
Don't jinx us! The next few weeks will be velly intewesting!

Bosley
2/16/2009, 09:12 PM
Better yet when was the last time both our BB team and FB team were ranked number one in one school year?

Actually I wonder how many athletic programs in history can boast of having both a number one BB team and number one football team in one year?

Readyfor8
2/16/2009, 09:12 PM
Respect the Jinx... Have we learned nothing from the Football Gods? The Basketball Gods are much more fickle.

ratedrsuperstar
2/16/2009, 09:14 PM
Can I get a #1 OU bball team? This is awesome.

I'm afraid the if NC wins this week they'll jump OU for #1, the media doesn't seem to be all that impressed with the Sooners. Plus the team who is 2 spots behind the sooners just beat the #1 team in the country, could win out this week and drop a spot in the polls next Monday.

CrimsonJim
2/16/2009, 09:18 PM
When was the last time OU was ranked number one?

Has OU's BBall team evar been ranked number one?

tommieharris91
2/16/2009, 10:16 PM
Guys, we gotta win @Texass first. Besides, I'd rather be #1 in April than in February.

I'm afraid the if NC wins this week they'll jump OU for #1, the media doesn't seem to be all that impressed with the Sooners. Plus the team who is 2 spots behind the sooners just beat the #1 team in the country, could win out this week and drop a spot in the polls next Monday.

Post something positive or go away.

SoonerMom2
2/16/2009, 10:28 PM
Are all of you watching A&M/Texas? We just need to go to Austin ready to play. Not impressed with UT. A&M is ahead by 17 with 13:06 left. OU is getting better and we have a great opportunity to go into Austin and come home with a win.

OUSKINS
2/16/2009, 10:45 PM
Pretty sure we were #1 in 1988... it's kind of a cool thing to boast, but it means nothing. IMO, Pitt should be #1 and we should stay at #2 if we beat Texas.

Sooner04
2/16/2009, 10:50 PM
Pretty sure we were #1 in 1988... it's kind of a cool thing to boast, but it means nothing. IMO, Pitt should be #1 and we should stay at #2 if we beat Texas.
We were last #1 in the final poll of the '90 season. As good as we were, we never made #1 in '88. We were ranked #1 a couple of times in '89 as well.

Sooner98
2/16/2009, 11:04 PM
Blair just ABUSED Thabeet tonight. I am very impressed with Pitt - they are the team that I think would give us the most difficult matchup problems in March. UConn is gonna miss Dyson.

Not trying to get ahead of myself, but how cool would that be, to be the newly crowned #1 on Big Monday against KU, with the Big 12 on the line? I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. The LNC will be insane. Gotta go beat the Horns first, though.

JLEW1818
2/17/2009, 08:05 AM
Dude Thabeet is freaking soft. I think Blake is gonna throw people around in the Tournament. These next few weeks are going to be fun for all Sooners!!!! I can't wait. We should be on national TV at least 3 times during the remainder of the season!!!!! Let's show the world, yet again. !!!

Boomer.....
2/17/2009, 08:29 AM
Must win in Austin this weekend.

JLEW1818
2/17/2009, 08:34 AM
yep, it's gonna be hostile in Austin, they are desperate for a win, especially a win against us, which they really need to help their case for a decent ranking in the tourney. I'm pretty sure OUr players know that, hehehe. Should be a fun game. Look for the Griffin brothers to shut down Pittman and James.

OUAlumni1990
2/17/2009, 12:53 PM
I was at the game in '89 when we beat #1 Arizona and took over the #1 spot. I fear that since #4 Pitt beat #1 UConn, the same thing might happen, we could get jumped by even Pitt. Its cool recongition though, that #1 spot. But what is really important is that we win the conference, and get the highest seed possible in the tournament. Beating OSU,TU, KS and Mizzou would be cool too. Beating Mizzou at Columbia is the game that concerns me the most. BOOMER SOONER

Bourbon St Sooner
2/17/2009, 01:56 PM
We were last #1 in the final poll of the '90 season. As good as we were, we never made #1 in '88. We were ranked #1 a couple of times in '89 as well.

Friggin' Rick Fox!!

bri
2/17/2009, 02:36 PM
Actually I wonder how many athletic programs in history can boast of having both a number one BB team and number one football team in one year?

Let's see...Florida and....um....someone else?

tommieharris91
2/17/2009, 02:55 PM
Ohio State?

IronHorseSooner
2/17/2009, 04:57 PM
Yes, FLA and Ohio State. Ohio State was also the only other school to do what what we are doing right now- Top 5 in Football, Men's and Women's BBALL. Their women's team was in the Top 5 for a while, but dropped. Nobody has pull this trifecta for as long as we have in a season. Combine that with great rankings for wrestling, baseball, and softball, it is a great year. It's always great to be a Sooner, but this year is extra special!

jkjsooner
2/17/2009, 09:09 PM
I was at the game in '89 when we beat #1 Arizona and took over the #1 spot.

I was there as well. It was a great matchup of Stacey King vs Sean Elliott.

I was also at the 1990 thrashing of #1 Kansas and #1 Mizzou which led to the #1 ranking (after a win at OSU) to end the season.

And, yes, Rick Fox does suck. Unlike the '88 team the '90 team had to run to beat good teams and UNC forced us into a half court game.

OUAlumni1990
2/18/2009, 12:31 AM
I was there as well. It was a great matchup of Stacey King vs Sean Elliott.

Hehe, I still remember the dumb Arizona fan (old lady) sitting right behind me screaming- airball! every 5 seconds. My buddy turned around and screamed- Airhead! LOL