PDA

View Full Version : I look around and I see...

Readyfor8
2/16/2009, 02:28 PM
a lot of people still picking 2 losses, for OU before the Big XII tournament. The curious thing is that they still have OU winning the regular season. So who would those losses be to?

Texas and Missouri would probably still win us the conference title. But I don't see the Sooners losing both of those games. I don't think OU will lose at home to Oklahoma State, or on the road to Tech. If OU loses to Kansas I don't see the Sooners bringing home the conference title.

I can see this team dropping one game, in the next four, but I don't see a 2-3 mark over the next two weeks.

I personally think OU will win the conference without a loss and if they get a bad game in the conference tournament we could drop one there.

I guess the question is if you were guaranteed only one loss in the remainder of the season where would it be? I'd probably take @ Missouri.

badger
2/16/2009, 03:10 PM
It could theoretically happen, given OU's habit of not breaking a into a huge scoring onslaught until the second half. What if they fall far behind in the first half? What if that scoring onslaught never happens in the second half?

Heaven forbid, what if we have a key injury?

Stuff happens in sports, it always does. I would rather get 1-2 losses now than have those 1-2 losses happen in either the Big 12 or the NCAA tourney.

Readyfor8
2/16/2009, 04:27 PM
I just don't see it barring an injury. Three weeks ago I could see losing to Texas, or Missouri, but not both. Now I can see us losing a close one somewhere, but I honestly think we will be ahead with 3 minutes to go in every game up to the Tournament.

oumartin
2/16/2009, 04:50 PM
no way texas can win the conference.

what do they have 3 or 4 losses already

badger
2/16/2009, 04:53 PM
We aren't a program that can afford to take anything for granted. We have never won the championship and our recent records in conference and tourney play is spotty at best. Nobody bows down to the Sooners inside or outside the conference (yet) and if anyone thinks a No. 2 ranking merits respect, just remember that the top two ranked football teams at one point during the 2007 football season were Boston College and South Florida. What. The. Eff.

So anyways, I'm not writing off any games or any opponents, no matter how many slick-haired former Dukies have been giggle-worthy in their program's recent history...
http://www.cjonline.com/photos/galleries/020304_kumu/images/16.jpg

We've only been No. 2 a few times in our program's history. I'd rather we not **** this opportunity away, excuse the moderately-bad language :P

EDIT: I see the site's language filter took care of my moderately-bad word, hehe. Just for that, have another pic of the Quin-meister:
http://a.espncdn.com/media/ncb/2006/0210/photo/u_quin2_195.jpg

the_ouskull
2/16/2009, 08:22 PM
...in Fight Club, some of the strongest and smartest men that ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. An entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy sh*t we don't need. We're the middle children of history. No purpose; no place. We have no Great War; no Great Depression. Our Great War is a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised by television to believe that some day, we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars.. but we won't. And we are slowly learning just that, and it is p*ssing us off.

Sorry, right thread title. Wrong thread. (And the quote's probably not exact, so sue me...)

the_ouskull