PDA

View Full Version : All Big XII Team

IronHorseSooner
2/16/2009, 12:33 PM
After Blake, the other 4 slots for this are as wide open as can be. If we take this as the 4 BEST players after Blake, then it goes like this:

F- Blake Griffin- OU
F- Craig Brackins-ISU
F- Demarre Carroll- Mizzou
G- Curtis Jarrells- Baylor
G- Sherrod Collins- KU

However, look for one of the UTerus guys to get on there in place of Jarrells or Brackins. Clemente from KSTATE is also a good pick for this, as are WW and AJ.

SoonersEnFuego
2/16/2009, 12:39 PM
F - Blake Griffin
F - Juan Pattillo
F - Taylor Griffin
G - Willie Warren
G - Austin Johnson

There's the All Big XII team.

IronHorseSooner
2/16/2009, 01:36 PM
F - Blake Griffin
F - Juan Pattillo
F - Taylor Griffin
G - Willie Warren
G - Austin Johnson

I would have no problem with that! In fact, you could argue that three of those, Blake, AJ , and Willie, are deserving of the First Team. The Chupacabra and Taylor are deserving of the All Conference Defensive First Team. However, they will distribute the accolades amongst the teams. If we go 16-0 or 15-1 in conference, then we deserve 2 players on there, maybe three. With UTerus, the defending champs, Mizzou, and the Men from Halloweentown still left, the good guys will have their chance to prove how good they are!

A-M
2/19/2009, 11:40 AM
F - Blake Griffin
F - Juan Pattillo
F - Taylor Griffin
G - Willie Warren
G - Austin Johnson

Works for me!

ouleaf
2/19/2009, 12:58 PM
Blake is the only lock from our team for sure. I'd say AJ has the next best chance of making it, only if he plays at a really high level the rest of the reg. season. They actually have picked 6 players for the team the past few years if memory serves me correctly, so that ups his chances some more.

WW is a shoe in for the Freshman of the year. Hoping the Patillo can pull in the new comer of the year.

Collier11
2/20/2009, 12:04 PM
After Blake, the other 4 slots for this are as wide open as can be. If we take this as the 4 BEST players after Blake, then it goes like this:

F- Blake Griffin- OU
F- Craig Brackins-ISU
F- Demarre Carroll- Mizzou
G- Curtis Jarrells- Baylor
G- Sherrod Collins- KU

However, look for one of the UTerus guys to get on there in place of Jarrells or Brackins. Clemente from KSTATE is also a good pick for this, as are WW and AJ.

Id say this is dead on...AJ might get 2nd team I would think but it would be cool if he got 1st team

soonerfan28
2/20/2009, 12:41 PM
Looks good as the first team. Here's my second team.
F-Damian James
F-Cole Aldrich
?-???? ????
G-Austin Johnson
G-Willie Warren

The 5th second teamer is anybody's guess. Could be Taylor Griffin, Juan Pattillo, Obi Muonelo, Byron Eaton, or Leo Lyons.

King Crimson
2/20/2009, 12:48 PM
Looks good as the first team. Here's my second team.
F-Damian James
F-Cole Aldrich
?-???? ????
G-Austin Johnson
G-Willie Warren

The 5th second teamer is anybody's guess. Could be Taylor Griffin, Juan Pattillo, Obi Muonelo, Byron Eaton, or Leo Lyons.

abrams or cory higgins at CU (avg about 17 ppg and 7 boards). it's not Taylor Griffin. no way.

soonerfan28
2/20/2009, 01:29 PM
Abrams's average's almost 17 points but he's only has about 1.4 assists a game. I like Higgins, but the way that Missouri is playing I think that Lyons has a better chance at making second team.

Leo Lyons-14.3 points 5.7 rebounds
Cory Higgins-17.6 points 5.8 rebounds