PDA

View Full Version : April Wine: "I like to rock"

King Crimson
2/13/2009, 08:15 PM
can't get the embed to work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DkJUOsxkko&feature=related

some classic lyrics here.

"we get high on rock and roll, journey to the stars, rock and roll guitars...yeah, i like to rock, some like it hot baby, I like it if you like it".

the alpha and omega.

the day tripper things doesn't really work for me (though the table hockey and steamed mild hots are quaint), i prefer the Lennon nailing girls in Liverpool on pills angle.

KC//CRIMSON
2/13/2009, 08:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I still have Nature Of The Beast laying around here somewhere on cassette.

King Crimson
2/13/2009, 09:12 PM
I'm pretty sure I still have Nature Of The Beast laying around here somewhere on cassette.

what's the name of the ballad on Nature of the Beast......where's Dean when you need him?

i remember that on the radio as a tyke.

bluedogok
2/13/2009, 09:19 PM
Just Between You and Me

I heard I Like to Rock this morning on Boneyard on the way to work. Been a long time. I do have some copies of a couple of greatest hits CD's that a former co-worker from Canada (and a former Blazer) loaned me. He had picked them up back there visiting the family. They had a bunch of their songs on there, I have the Nature of the Beast 8-track.

King Crimson
2/13/2009, 09:20 PM
Just Between You and Me

there ya go. that's it.

King Crimson
2/13/2009, 09:26 PM
Roller, von April Wine...3 guitar lineup!

w6rfwrTrTlU&feature=related

Ace
2/13/2009, 10:26 PM
These guys played in my hometown back in 89 or 90 at some little club. I knew some guys who opened for them - they all hung out after the show buying drinks & getting crazy.

Crucifax Autumn
2/15/2009, 06:07 AM
I can't believe anyone else remembers them!

yermom
2/15/2009, 11:40 PM
i don't think i've heard any other stuff by them until now :D

what's the name of the ballad on Nature of the Beast......where's Dean when you need him?

i remember that on the radio as a tyke.

HoserSooner
2/18/2009, 04:03 PM
They still play the small clubs up here on a regular basis....think they are in my city at least 4 times a year. :D