PDA

View Full Version : I'm a FA (Facebook Addict)

AllAboutThe'O'
2/12/2009, 09:17 PM
So I joined Facebook a few weeks ago and it's already my new favorite site (yes, even more than SF.com, which may answer the question as to my recent whereabouts). Love interacting with some of the people I knew from my high school, college and former jobs. I've already got over 200 friends on my page and I even added a few more today. Also been able to take part in some of the fun activities, such as which NFL head coach are you. For the record, I'm Mike Tomlin; although I dislike the Steelers, I feel special being compared to a world champion coach. And yes, I aced the baseball movie quiz with flying colors.
Anyone else like me and can't get enough of Facebook?

Okla-homey
2/12/2009, 09:28 PM
So I joined Facebook a few weeks ago and it's already my new favorite site (yes, even more than SF.com, which may answer the question as to my recent whereabouts). Love interacting with some of the people I knew from my high school, college and former jobs. I've already got over 200 friends on my page and I even added a few more today. Also been able to take part in some of the fun activities, such as which NFL head coach are you. For the record, I'm Mike Tomlin; although I dislike the Steelers, I feel special being compared to a world champion coach. And yes, I aced the baseball movie quiz with flying colors.
Anyone else like me and can't get enough of Facebook?

many of us have jobs.;)

AllAboutThe'O'
2/12/2009, 09:42 PM
many of us have jobs.;)

Heh, I'm typing this at work.

fadada1
2/12/2009, 10:25 PM
my wife forced me on after running into a high school classmate. apparently we're preparing for our 20th reunion and trying to get things organized - FB is an excellent tool for that.

i must say, it is rather fun. i've been lucky enough to have spent time in a ton of places, so i've got an interesting mix of friends.

Crucifax Autumn
2/12/2009, 10:39 PM
I'm one of those guys that has no use for the crap. Everyone from my past that I don't wish dead I can just call or something.

CatfishSooner
2/12/2009, 10:43 PM
facebook sucks

yermom
2/12/2009, 11:31 PM
better than myspace...

bri
2/13/2009, 12:23 AM
Yeah, but only because it's become what MySpace was before everyone got tired of it. IRONY, FTW! :D

OUstudent4life
2/13/2009, 11:45 AM
I've been "friended" by a huge group of people from my HS that I'm pretty sure wouldn't or didn't give me the time of day back then.

I think they all enjoyed HS alot more than me, and have all these fond memories.

And from their various updates and groups that they're in, we still don't have much in common.

But WE'RE FRIENDS!

Ace
2/13/2009, 10:38 PM
I like facebook. It's interesting that there are old friends who I have not spoken to in so many years, and yet I can pick right back up with them as if no time has passed.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/14/2009, 03:15 PM
Within the past several days, I'm already friends with Mossis Madu, Austin Box and Nyeshia Stevenson, although I'm still waiting for the Griffin brothers to accept my friendship request.:(

Red October
2/15/2009, 10:55 AM
my wife forced me on after running into a high school classmate. apparently we're preparing for our 20th reunion and trying to get things organized - FB is an excellent tool for that.

i must say, it is rather fun. i've been lucky enough to have spent time in a ton of places, so i've got an interesting mix of friends.

Who the heck would want to look up old friends anyway... :P

BillyBall
2/15/2009, 11:24 AM
I joined FB this past spring before my 10 year high school reunion as an organization tool, similar to what fadada1 was talking about. It worked well.

Im a member of the "OU football fan page" and there is a Mr. "Lendycoldheartedass Holmes" that is also a member. I laugh every time I see his name....

Soonrboy
2/15/2009, 11:53 AM
I hate getting requests to be friends with people and I can't remember them for the life of me. I end up asking one of my buddies who remembers everyone. It has been fun.

jkjsooner
2/15/2009, 05:49 PM
I have a theory. The number of friends you have on Facebook beyond 200 or so is inversely proportional to your self esteem. Those who somehow need to validate themselves tend to have many hundreds of "friends."

Scott D
2/15/2009, 06:44 PM
I hate getting requests to be friends with people and I can't remember them for the life of me. I end up asking one of my buddies who remembers everyone. It has been fun.

I hate looking at my graduating class and going "did I know that person?" especially with the females, since you can be totally lost with their married last names if you don't recognize the face.