PDA

View Full Version : Big year for OU and Golloway

Collier11
2/12/2009, 10:13 AM
Coming off of a 36-26 season, we return nearly the entire team including our starting pitchers...we get Porlier back from injury and get some good newcomers. We did lose our best hitter average wise in Gosse and we lost Aljay Davis, other than that we are loaded. All that has led to a preseason #16 ranking, this could be a really good team. Golloway has led us to the national tournament 3 times in 4 years if you count the season he took over for Cochell, im pretty psyched. Thoughts?

boomersooner28
2/12/2009, 03:03 PM
I read your post and I'm not having any thoughts as of yet. If I do have thought anytime in the near future about the above subject, I will be sure and post them in this thread. You are welcome. :D

Collier11
2/12/2009, 05:10 PM
As long as you post them here

AllAboutThe'O'
2/12/2009, 09:04 PM
Make or break year for the OU diamond nine, and especially on the heels of the success by the football team and both basketball squads, the baseball team needs to keep the momentum going.

SOONER STEAKER
2/12/2009, 09:36 PM
I agree that the team has to have a great year, but to say we are loaded is going a bit to far. Granted we have returning experience, but our pitching was very spotty last year. For us to have success we must have great pitching on friday nights where last year we really struggled. The only day we won consistently was on Sunday which is the day the most Big 12 teams are on the bottom rung of the pitching ladder. Losing 2 of 3 in the Big 12 doesn't help us get a regional in Norman.

I hope we do well and SG keeps his job, if we don't do well, Joe C will be looking for a new skipper.

Go Sooners!!

Collier11
2/13/2009, 12:32 AM
it all depends on Porlier IMO

JLEW1818
2/13/2009, 01:54 AM
Trey Sperring

Houston boy

Mjcpr
2/14/2009, 09:54 PM
1stTimeCaller told me he had no doubts that Sonny would lead us to the promised land this year.

1TC is a bit of a Sonny-sniffer though.

Little Al
2/18/2009, 02:49 AM
All of our starting pitchers returning. That's promising.

SOONER STEAKER
2/20/2009, 10:56 AM
After looking at all the Big 12 team bio's, I noticed that something is really missing from our pitching staff. We don't have LHP'ers. Seems like all our horses are RHP'ers. I know it doesn't seem like much, but we need some lefties in our rotation.

C&CDean
2/20/2009, 02:13 PM
1stTimeCaller told me he had no doubts that Sonny would lead us to the promised land this year.

1TC is a bit of a Sonny-sniffer though.

That's the funniest **** you've ever posted Pat.

King Crimson
2/20/2009, 02:51 PM
i have a cousin who played for Sunny at ORU and not all of 1TC's complaints were wrong.

anyhoo, our problem seems to be dreadful starts in conference play. we have to come from WAY BACK to make the NCAA most years.