PDA

View Full Version : Dreamland Barbeque

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2009, 10:19 PM
Oh
My
God.

If you're in Tuscaloosa like ever, go get some of these ribs. Apparently you have to go to the original location to get the real deal, which I did.

Nothin' but ribs and whitebread on the menu, and that's all they need.

Rhino
2/12/2009, 02:39 AM
They're the best. Wandered in there on a Sunday afternoon after OU lost to Indiana in the 2002 Final Four. We were the first ones in at about 11am. Best ribs I've ever had.

Tried it again in 2003 when we played Bama in Tuscaloosa. Packed and not so great. Everything tasted pre-heated.

AlbqSooner
2/12/2009, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the post Rhino. I also ate there when I went to the OU/Bama game. It was good but not "rave about" good. The sauce was in that same category. It was not as good as Wild Horse Mountain south of Sallisaw, or the old Tom's in OKC.

Maybe they served the good stuff only to fans of certain persuasion, like Slick used to do in Muskogee.

Spray
2/12/2009, 09:24 AM
Having matriculated in Tuscaloosa, I will say that Dreamland was not my favorite- it is quite popular, I just always thought it was dry. Mike & Ed's has a mustard based sauce and their ribs just plain taste better. The real deal if you're back in the area is Miss Myra's in Cahaba Heights (basically Birmingham). They've got a great ketchup based sauce, but they also have a white sauce that is out of this world.

Spray
2/12/2009, 09:25 AM
By the way, Froz why are you in T-Town?