PDA

View Full Version : Question: Had Texas beat Tech....

humblesooner
2/11/2009, 11:36 AM
...would OU and Texas have squared off in Miami on Jan 8?

Remember that OU went in as the #1 seed. If Texas had beat Tech and played in the B12 Champ game instead of OU, would we have had the style points to be #2?

JLEW1818
2/11/2009, 11:42 AM
Florida would have still got it, easily. The victory against tech would not have looked as good if texas beat them. Voters and computers would have been way different.

NormanPride
2/11/2009, 11:57 AM
nah, we would have broken our BCS bowl losing streak by annihilating a terrible tOSU team.

I'm glad we went to the MNC game, still.

soonerlaw
2/11/2009, 12:14 PM
What if Texas had lost to Mizzou in the Big12 (okay, laughable, but still remotely plausible).. does Mizzou play tOSU and OU still go to Miami. Ah, probably a useless hypothetical considering its in hindsight, but I thought I would throw it out there.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
2/11/2009, 12:37 PM
50-50 between the Sooners and USC.

What if Texas had lost to Mizzou in the Big12 (okay, laughable, but still remotely plausible).. does Mizzou play tOSU and OU still go to Miami. Ah, probably a useless hypothetical considering its in hindsight, but I thought I would throw it out there.

humblesooner
2/11/2009, 03:19 PM
50-50 between the Sooners and USC.

If Texas had lost to Mizzou, then I definitely think OU would have been in.
We were ahead of USC prior to the B12 Champ game. The Texas loss would have dinged our SOS, but I still think we would have been in.

humblesooner
2/11/2009, 03:26 PM
nah, we would have broken our BCS bowl losing streak by annihilating a terrible tOSU team.

I'm glad we went to the MNC game, still.

As hard as it is to lose the BCS Champ game, I'd rather lose the championship game every year than win any other bowl game.

starclassic tama
2/11/2009, 03:46 PM
there is no way we would have been in. the media would have put us at 5 if needed to keep us out

badger
2/11/2009, 03:56 PM
Better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all.

...so in the context of the MNC game, that we would not have gone to had Texas beaten Tech...

Better to have gone to Miami and gotten Teblown, then to have never ENDURED 20 BAJILLION REFERENCES to Reverend Timmy Tee Tee at all.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/11/2009, 04:10 PM
#s 2&3, above posts.

NormanPride
2/11/2009, 05:15 PM
The person to hate is the Iowa kicker that beat PSU. If it weren't for that jerkwad, we would have breezed through Penn State instead of a hard game against Florida.

GRRRRR!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/11/2009, 05:54 PM
The person to hate is the Iowa kicker that beat PSU. If it weren't for that jerkwad, we would have breezed through Penn State instead of a hard game against Florida.

GRRRRR!!!Interesting... but I prefer to hate on the refs at the NC game.