PDA

View Full Version : My Mom Put down her Dog yesterday

tulsaoilerfan
2/11/2009, 12:00 AM
Sad to report that Spot the Chiuahua(or however you spell it) left this Earth yesterday to go retrieve his news papers and bark at anyone that gets to close to his turf in doggie heaven; Spot was given to my son as a pup when my son was 6, and over time he would spend weekends at my moms since we were gone so much; next thing you know he would be over there during the week and eventually he ended up over there permanently, which was good for my Mom; she's 70 and has been widowed since my dad died in 1988, and her world revolved around that dog and my son. Funny thing about Spot is there were only 4 people in this world he liked, and that was mom, Conner, my wife, and me; he was a very cantankerous little **** to put it mildly

I know it was hard for my mom to do this, but he had developed real bad diabetes and would have needed 2 insulin shots a day which might have bought him another 6 months or so of living, but she wasn't about to put herself or him through that kind of pain on a twice daily basis

That house felt so different yesterday without him there; RIP my little buddy u were truly one of a kind:( :(

olevetonahill
2/11/2009, 12:09 AM
Bummer

SanJoaquinSooner
2/11/2009, 12:10 AM
God bless Spot's soul

OUHOMER
2/11/2009, 12:22 AM
sorry to hear that. My Mom moved in with us a fews months back. She too brought her Chihuahua(sp), she only likes mom and my wife. Mean little bugger, but its all Mom has.

TUSooner
2/11/2009, 12:48 PM
Sorry to hear it. Dogs are good.

GrapevineSooner
2/11/2009, 01:14 PM
Extra dog treats are going to my dog, Deja, in Spot's honor.

olevetonahill
2/11/2009, 01:27 PM
I just gave My wienie an extra treat and a hug .

Curly Bill
2/11/2009, 11:39 PM
I did the same thing just over a year ago. It's a bummer.

...but Doggie Heaven has got to be a cool place. :)

olevetonahill
2/11/2009, 11:49 PM
I did the same thing just over a year ago. It's a bummer.

...but Doggie Heaven has got to be a cool place. :)

You gave my wienie an extra Treat and a Hug ?:eek:

Curly Bill
2/11/2009, 11:51 PM
You gave my wienie an extra Treat and a Hug ?:eek:

Well, this thread has taken a turn for the worse. :P :D

SCOUT
2/11/2009, 11:54 PM
I lost both of my dogs this past year. I know how hard it can be. To me it sounds like you, and your mother, made the right decision. I am living with the regret that we waited about 3 months too long on my older dog.