PDA

View Full Version : texas vs texas tech game moved to Sept 19th

JLEW1818
2/10/2009, 11:39 PM
I don't know why tech is doing this??? Ya its gonna be hot out there, but Potts will be making like what? his 3rd ever start?

Hopefully the high heat temps will drain the horns early, against the pass attack. :)

Oh and not to mention saxet probably wants to butt rape tech this year.

In a scheduling move, Texas will switch dates of its home football games with Texas Tech and Central Florida this fall in order to arrange another prime-time national telecast of the Red Raiders game on Sept. 19.

A source close to the Longhorn football program said the school will announce later today that Texas will play Texas Tech at Royal-Memorial Stadium at 7 p.m. on Sept. 19. Last year’s thriller in Lubbock, which Texas Tech won 39-33 to deny Texas an ultimate spot in the national championship game, was ABC’s highest-rated game of the season.

The Big 12 game with the Red Raiders will mark the Longhorns’ earliest conference opener since Texas hosted Missouri on Aug. 31, 1996. Texas will switch its Central Florida football game to Nov. 7

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/bohls/entries/2009/02/10/texas_tech_game.html

Harry Beanbag
2/11/2009, 07:42 AM
That's National Talk Like a Pirate Day, the horns don't stand a chance.

NormanPride
2/11/2009, 11:12 AM
Good call! I wonder if that was on purpose, or if it was just a coincidence.

swardboy
2/11/2009, 12:15 PM
Aaaaaargh!!!!!!!

soonerlaw
2/11/2009, 12:18 PM
I know the Big12 got a lot of slack this last year for having all their non-conference games first and then conference games... I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Plus, an early loss to tech in Sept. won't sting as bad if it were in November like last time. If they do beat tech, they will be beating up on patsies like central florida in november and letting all the other teams knock each other out.

JLEW1818
2/11/2009, 01:07 PM
I know the Big12 got a lot of slack this last year for having all their non-conference games first and then conference games... I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Plus, an early loss to tech in Sept. won't sting as bad if it were in November like last time. If they do beat tech, they will be beating up on patsies like central florida in november and letting all the other teams knock each other out.

yep, and imagine if there is a tie again........ texas playing central florida that late could really hurt them.... :)

cjames317
2/11/2009, 02:01 PM
Don't think tech is gonna be all that this fall. The better game will be OU's game against Tulsa that afternoon in Norman.

PLaw
2/11/2009, 08:52 PM
I don't know why tech is doing this??? Ya its gonna be hot out there, but Potts will be making like what? his 3rd ever start?

Hopefully the high heat temps will drain the horns early, against the pass attack. :)

Oh and not to mention saxet probably wants to butt rape tech this year.

In a scheduling move, Texas will switch dates of its home football games with Texas Tech and Central Florida this fall in order to arrange another prime-time national telecast of the Red Raiders game on Sept. 19.

A source close to the Longhorn football program said the school will announce later today that Texas will play Texas Tech at Royal-Memorial Stadium at 7 p.m. on Sept. 19. Last year’s thriller in Lubbock, which Texas Tech won 39-33 to deny Texas an ultimate spot in the national championship game, was ABC’s highest-rated game of the season.

The Big 12 game with the Red Raiders will mark the Longhorns’ earliest conference opener since Texas hosted Missouri on Aug. 31, 1996. Texas will switch its Central Florida football game to Nov. 7

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/bohls/entries/2009/02/10/texas_tech_game.html

Could be a hot, muggy night in fag city. T-sip starters may have to play an entire game in September - not sure they will be ready for that.

rainiersooner
2/11/2009, 09:07 PM
Oh I think Tejas rips them a new one unfortunately.

goingoneight
2/12/2009, 12:01 AM
I'm pretty sure if I put my money on Texas hanging at least 50 on somebody next year, it'll be Tceh.

Blues1
2/12/2009, 12:06 AM
Very Interesting --- Leach is No Dummy --- Maybe he's got a secret Plan as well....!!! --- ?

R'

JLEW1818
2/12/2009, 01:39 AM
i guess it benefits tech in 2010?

badger
2/12/2009, 07:23 AM
Tech over Texas. It's one thing to be at home and the College Gameday game with Sand Crabbie and Graham Cracker but now that they lost their primary guys and need to settle for their elf package, Texas will completely overlook them.

oupride
2/12/2009, 09:11 AM
Tech over Texas. It's one thing to be at home and the College Gameday game with Sand Crabbie and Graham Cracker but now that they lost their primary guys and need to settle for their elf package, Texas will completely overlook them.
You could be right.