PDA

View Full Version : Important political announcement!!

Phil
2/10/2009, 10:51 PM
OK, folks. Yours truly has thrown his hat in the ring for a run at becoming mayor of the thriving metropolis of Warr Acres, Oklahoma. I have served on the City Council for almost a year, and decided to take a shot at the top spot. The election is March 3, and I have three opponents.

We're going to have to shell out a bunch of coin for signs, newspaper ads, direct mailings, and the like, and we've obviously got a short time to raise that money. So, if any of you want to help the democratic process and toss a few bucks into the kitty to help me in my run for mayor, I have set up a PayPal page to accept donations.

All donations must be from personal funds and must be $299.00 or less in order to avoid me having to report anyone's name on my ethics reports. As if anyone would actually throw in that much, of course, but it must be said. We're trying to raise $1,000.00, and every few bucks helps. Thanks.

http://www.soonerfans.com/donate.html

jumperstop
2/11/2009, 02:04 PM
What's your platform? Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

SbOrOiNaEnR
2/11/2009, 02:53 PM
You will stock your Cabinet with the most loyal SoonerFans posters, right?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/11/2009, 04:08 PM
What's your platform? Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?Will you accept former Gitmo prisoners? Immigration policy? Allow aggy to marry?

Jason White's Third Knee
2/11/2009, 04:55 PM
Where the hell is Warr Acres?

SbOrOiNaEnR
2/11/2009, 07:13 PM

That may be a legitimate question. Weren't they in the path of Tuesday afternoon's tornadoes?

Phil
2/11/2009, 09:57 PM
Warr Acres is in NW OKC, surrounded on three sides by OKC and on the other by Bethany. The intersections of 39th and MacArthur, north through NW Highway and MacArthur are all in Warr Acres. The tornader skimmed right over us and dropped in OKC at Rockwell and NW Highway.

Boarder
2/12/2009, 12:58 PM
Allow aggy to marry?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Phil will be in favor of this one.

2/12/2009, 01:14 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Phil will be in favor of this one.I won't even ask...

Animal Mother
2/12/2009, 01:23 PM

right next to peace meal

Getem
2/12/2009, 06:40 PM
Will clicking some damn ads help?

richsooner
2/14/2009, 11:17 AM
What a cheap political stunt and slap in the face of sooner fans ,,,,,when did this forum become a place for this? what has this to do with OU football????????????????????????

Flagstaffsooner
2/15/2009, 06:18 AM
What a cheap political stunt and slap in the face of sooner fans ,,,,,when did this forum become a place for this? what has this to do with OU football????????????????????????noob, it's his board.:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
2/15/2009, 12:43 PM
What a cheap political stunt and slap in the face of sooner fans ,,,,,when did this forum become a place for this? what has this to do with OU football????????????????????????

nOOb:P

texas bandman
2/16/2009, 12:52 PM

Never to be green again. :D

olevetonahill
2/16/2009, 01:00 PM
Never to be green again. :D

Just more proof the nOObs should be seen and Not heard :D

MiccoMacey
2/16/2009, 01:19 PM
olevet, you may have to change your sig a bit if Phil wins. I'm thinking something like this:

"Warr Acres is not hell", Phil said. "It's worse".

2/16/2009, 03:15 PM
What a cheap political stunt and slap in the face of sooner fans ,,,,,when did this forum become a place for this? what has this to do with OU football????????????????????????So, serious comment, or tongue in cheek?

olevetonahill
2/16/2009, 05:07 PM
olevet, you may have to change your sig a bit if Phil wins. I'm thinking something like this:

"Warr Acres is not hell", Phil said. "It's worse".

Heh , I may add that .;)

olevetonahill
2/16/2009, 05:08 PM
So, serious comment, or tongue in cheek?

Read some of his other posts :rolleyes:

RedstickSooner
3/5/2009, 06:09 AM
Read some of his other posts :rolleyes:

I'm not sure it sounds like he's worth that kind of effort :)

crimson&cream
3/15/2009, 10:03 AM
What's your platform? Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

hopefully Pro Private as it's an individual thing=nobodies business.

fresnodog
3/15/2009, 06:51 PM
The biggest news in sports will not be College Football. It will be in the Olympics when the great Michelle Kwan shocks the sports world by winning the Olympic Gold Medal in figure skating at the age of 29 ,thereby earning the title of the greatest figure skater of all time. America will have a new Princess.