PDA

View Full Version : Wow, how things have changed!

8timechamps
2/10/2009, 02:24 PM
When I was a kid, and we would go on long road trips (before you could fly for nothing on SW airlines), my chosen method for passing the time was to fall asleep. I can still remember falling asleep just as we were leaving Oklahoma City, then waking to unfamiliar surroundings. That was the best feeling, especially if I slept through the beautiful parts of western Oklahoma.

Wow, a lot has changed in the familiar surroundings that make up the Big XII.
A couple of weeks ago, entering the Baylor game, we were all biting our nails in anticipation of what looked to be a battle of the Big XII’s best. It looked to be a three horse race, with Texas hanging on.

Was I asleep that long?.

Tomorrow night, we go to Baylor to face a 15-8 Bear team that has lost 5 of their last 5, and 7 of their last 10. Did we leave Texas at a rest stop somewhere in the panhandle? 15-8? Really? Never mind that they’ve lost 4 of 7 and three in a row. They’re in danger of missing the tournament bus. And somewhere along the way, we must have picked up a hitchhiker. A couple of them. I know that when I fell asleep a couple of weeks ago Missouri wasn’t really even in the discussion about the tournament….Now, I’m supposed to believe that Mizzou and 04’s favorite team to hate, KU are almost locks?!

And all of this in a couple of weeks.

With less than 10 conference games remaining for the Big XII. I don’t think I should risk falling asleep again. This is going to get good

Overtime
2/10/2009, 04:47 PM
Hopefully our players won't be sleeping either when the game starts. Our starters can sleep after they hand it over to the bench with a 40 point lead at the 8 minute mark, and then Leary, Patillo and Davis can doze as they watch Franklin and Gerber finish out the last 4.

OK, a guy can dream anyway. ;]

Boomer.....
2/10/2009, 05:46 PM
3 words: It is Baylor.