PDA

View Full Version : KU and Mizzou look like...

Soonerus
2/10/2009, 12:18 PM
...JV teams compared to OU...we should dominate both of them...

Sooner04
2/10/2009, 12:38 PM
You go to a lot of Thunder games, so you definitely know what JV teams look like.

bri
2/10/2009, 12:41 PM
Just like we've dominated the last few "JV" teams we've played?

Way to not pay attention at all.

kbsooner
2/10/2009, 01:15 PM
I agree that both looked really average last night, but OU has a knack to playing down to the level of comp. I'd feel a lot better if we had seen OU really step on some throats in the last few games and finish a game out early.

badger
2/10/2009, 01:17 PM
Realizing that final scores do not reflect the entire game and potential dominance, but also realizing that in 50 years that is all people will look at for a record of what happened that day, and possibly the box score to see how many points, rebounds, etc. NBA Hall of Famer Blake Griffin has...

Colorado: 77-72
Texas A&M: 77-71
@ Iowa State: 78-68
@ OSU: 89-81

10 points or less. While the final scores may not represent the dominance of the Sooners in second-half play, it also doesn't reflect the first half slumps our teams seem to have as of late. Lack of motivation? Never. Player off-nights? Possible. Fatigue? Definite.

Sooner98
2/10/2009, 01:30 PM
You don't watch much college basketball, do you Rus?

MikeInNorman
2/10/2009, 01:40 PM
Well, the first half looked like Kelvin was coaching both sides.

KC//CRIMSON
2/10/2009, 03:52 PM
Both of these teams are good. Missouri is getting better and better as the season progresses. Despite an early loss to Illinois, they don't *uck around when playing at home. OU better come to play.

badger
2/10/2009, 03:54 PM
Missouri is getting better and better as the season progresses.
You mean they're this season's us-last-year?

:rolleyes: Boo Mizzou. Go OU!

Sooner04
2/10/2009, 04:17 PM
You mean they're this season's us-last-year?

:rolleyes: Boo Mizzou. Go OU!
Uh, no. They've got good road wins in Stillwater and Austin. We were one of the worst road teams I've ever seen last year in conference.

NormanPride
2/10/2009, 06:09 PM
We're still not all-stars on the road.

Jacie
2/10/2009, 06:55 PM
Kansas looked bad because Missouri was putting defensive pressure on them, forcing turnovers and limiting their high scorers. The Tigers are not a team anyone should take lightly. They have wins over three Top 25 teams (USC, at Texas and last night's win over KU). The Sooners regular season game with them is in Columbia. Fortunately, the Tigers already have two conference losses and another matchup with Kansas before then.

the_ouskull
2/10/2009, 07:25 PM
We're not all-stars at home OR on the road. Until this team learns how to put one away and keep it away, I'm going to be nervous. What A&M did to us on the offensive glass was pathetic. ..and I was watching that game and thinking, "Man, it seems like they're getting an awful lot of good bounces." (They being A&M, obviously...) ..but it was more than just that. We got WORKED. We played like a junior high team against a high school team. When the ball was in our hands, we did what we could, and tried to play smart. When A&M shot the ball, we were jumping up instead of boxing out, and they were kicking the sh*t out of us for it. As talented as our youth is - and God, they are - they are also still young.

I just want us to dominate one good team for an entire game. The finals of the Big 12 Tournament would do just nicely. Just keep the foot on the gas the whole game and keep piling it on them on both ends of the court. I want Billy Ball questions lobbed at Capel after the game. And then, stone-faced, I want him to look at the camera and say, "I told them that if they don't start playing the way they're capable of playing, for 40 minutes a game; EVERY game, I was going to say "f*ck it" and start the walk-ons. I guess it worked." Then get up from the post-game conference without another word.

Then we go out and dominate some 16 seed in the first round of the NCAA's. Who would want to play us at that point? Nobody in the NCAA would. Hell, the Thunder wouldn't either. They don't have anybody who can keep Blake off of the glass. Both of Durant's legs are about as big around as one of Blake's arms.

AWWWWWE-some! :D

the_ouskull

NormanPride
2/11/2009, 10:34 AM
It's a nice fantasy, yes... :) What is really going to happen, though?

If I see us turn it up against a tougher team, then I won't be as worried. But it's been awhile since we've played a good team and I've forgotten about our good effort.

cheezyq
2/11/2009, 09:07 PM
KU and MU looked terrible, but that's a product of a young KU team (especially at guard) facing a team that's designed to put pressure on the backcourt. Result? Turnover city and zero rhythm.

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2009, 10:09 PM
Don't think we'll have to worry about Mizzou next year. I think Anderson's gonzo to Alabama.

Soonerus
2/11/2009, 10:09 PM
KU and MU better come to play or it's blow out time...they both looked very average...maybe some you "experts" should pay closer attention...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/11/2009, 11:18 PM
I'm glad we are not playing KU at AFH where we struggle mightily. We are clearly the better team on our home floor and "should" win. I wouldn't takee them too lightly though.

I think MU could be a real tough game because it is in Columbia and although they aren't really aren't as talented man to man they are set up pretty well to run Anderson's system. If the officials let some of the reaching calls go and it turns into a track meet I could see MU pulling an upset. Especially should we beat KU and find ourselves in a position where we don't "need" to win. Given it is a road game, the Big 12 tourney is in OKC and chances are good we will be in KC for the 1st 2 rounds of the NCAA tourney, it could potentially be the toughest test until the sweet 16 of the NCAA tourney.

At the same time I wouldn't be suprised if we take it to them.

KC//CRIMSON
2/12/2009, 12:07 AM
KU and MU better come to play or it's blow out time...they both looked very average...maybe some you "experts" should pay closer attention...

Digger Phelps, ladies and gentlemen.

Sooner04
2/12/2009, 12:17 AM
Soonerus coordinates his highlighter to his tie before he enters the courtroom.

King Crimson
2/12/2009, 12:23 AM
Don't think we'll have to worry about Mizzou next year. I think Anderson's gonzo to Alabama.

based on what? more than Anderson is from Alabama...there's nothing about it on tigerboard.com and MU is a better job, IMO. new arena, KC and STL to recruit, etc.

Frozen Sooner
2/12/2009, 01:46 AM
I agree that Missouri is a better job than Alabama. Something about it seems right and the radio honks out of Birmingham seem pretty confident if called he'll come. These are guys who actually sounded kind of reasonable, BTW. They both said that 'Bama fans need to understand that they're not getting Pitino or whoever. The other name they bounced around was the coach at VCU.

Dunno. It appears that Alabama's AD is willing to throw a chunk of money at the problem.

Soonerus
2/12/2009, 02:01 AM
Uh, no. They've got good road wins in Stillwater and Austin. We were one of the worst road teams I've ever seen last year in conference.

u r a dumass....

tommieharris91
2/12/2009, 02:13 AM
u r a dumass....

This is like the pot calling a piece of Tupperware black.

Sooner04
2/12/2009, 09:45 AM
u r a dumass....
Coming from you, I can think of no higher compliment.

King Crimson
2/12/2009, 09:51 AM
I agree that Missouri is a better job than Alabama. Something about it seems right and the radio honks out of Birmingham seem pretty confident if called he'll come. These are guys who actually sounded kind of reasonable, BTW. They both said that 'Bama fans need to understand that they're not getting Pitino or whoever. The other name they bounced around was the coach at VCU.

Dunno. It appears that Alabama's AD is willing to throw a chunk of money at the problem.

i could believe Anthony Carter from VCU, but i'm still skeptical about this.

badger
2/12/2009, 10:53 AM
I meant in the sense that they are having a strong showing near the end of the year. I don't meddle with stats and road vs. home victories so much.

u r a dumass....

Why can't we all just get along? You know, Sooner Nation, ONE Oklahoma, that type of thing? Leave the bashery for those who claim to be our rivals.

KC//CRIMSON
3/6/2009, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Soonerus
u r a dumass....

What's up, Coach?

bri
3/6/2009, 08:26 PM
Heh.

Sooner04
3/6/2009, 11:55 PM
u r a dumass....
in the mirror u r a looking.

StormySooner-IN
3/7/2009, 12:18 AM
**** this thread...

Sooner98
3/7/2009, 01:58 AM
KU and Mizzou look like...JV teams compared to OU...we should dominate both of them...

Was there ever a doubt that this thread would fail miserably?